[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Ok, thanks. That’s too bad. I had no issues when the Zigbee network was managed by Phoscon. But I am not really looking forward to hosting multiple controllers.

Add a delay of say 500msec in each group.

2 Likes

Great! From the looks of it, it seems to work!
@Peter_Hendrix , didn’t you have this issue with some of your lights as well?

1 Like

Nope, I am using the Tradfri gateway to steer the groups. But my suspicion is that the gateway uses this ‘trick’ itself because lights turn on one-by-one.

Nope, doesn’t really fix the issue. Seems indeed to be Zigbee. Time and again the same bulbs I have to switch on or off.

Hello, I may have a feature request :slight_smile: for the app…or I’ve missed how to do it.

I’d like to be able to add/remove/clear devices from groups from flows.

My idea is to not only use < group > for grouping devices. But also to programmatically (or rather via flows) maintain lists of devices that should be turned on/off.

I’ve got flows to turn on/off devices at different times during the day. But I don’t want the devices to be turned on if none is home. So instead of directly turning devices on/off at times, I’d like to add the devices to a “maybe-turned-on” group. If someone is home, it would turn the added device on. If none is home, the operation would do nothing. And when coming home, I could just turn on the “maybe-turned-on” (or off when leaving).

I guess I need the following flow actions:
When…

• Device group members changed: To be able to check presence and possibly turn on/off

Then…

• Add device to group
  • Remove device from group
  • Clear group of devices: To reset the whole group, without having to know members. Useful for resetting during night.

An And… Device is member of group, could probably be very useful also.

The things you could do with these actions are just so many, makes you wonder why we don’t have native homey group support.

I can’t get my head around it, sorry.
With this flow you have the functionality you describe:

Translated:
IF…
This flow is started
AND…
Someone is at home
THEN…
Turn on Group X

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I might not be that good in trying to explain my use case.

Today I have a bunch of lamps that are turned on at sundown (and other events). But it is not very environmentally sane to have 10-20 lamps on if you are not at home. So I’d like to only turn on the lamps if someone is home (your flow works), or if someone comes home after the event (sundown), in this case your flow doesn’t work.

1. WHEN Sundown event THEN add 3 lamps to “should be on”-group.
  2. WHENshould be on”-group member changes AND some is home THEN turn on whole group
  3. WHEN someone comes home THEN turn on “should be on”-group

This can probably be solved with having a static group of lamps for different intervals of the day (on during day, on after sundown, on in the evening, on during night). And have a flow for “coming home” within each of these interval. But keeping a single dynamic list of “should be on” devices would make it so much easier.

Also when some event timing changes during the year (like sundown) the order of events might change (sundown being after evening in summer months).

Yes, now I get the idea :grin:
That indeed could be a nice addition to the < group > app.

I know, of course in case of “If time-event” and “If geofence-event” combinations, a second flow is needed, like
IF…
someone comes home
AND…
the sun has set
THEN…
turn on group X

But, speaking for myself, I don’t see a problem with working with pre-defined groups, especially when you know you can add groups to groups.

Is it possible to add the following group:

netscan

Currently it is not possible to group this, the app netscan pings or port checks devices and list them on or offline, but i cannot find any matching group or sensor type to select devices created by the netscan app

Hope this can be added.

Thx.

ps: the link in the store and at topic start to github are dead…

Netscan uses alarm_offline, which is a custom capability probably.

I hope this can be added…

Was requested alr I just found out:

Hi @Jamie, Are you working on a Homey (Bridge/Beta) version of this app? Not being able to group anything is one of the most noticeable omissions for Homey.
I have lamps with three bulbs, and need to be able to treat the bulbs as one lamp, or one of these days my wife will kill me (or make me stick the old bulbs back in…)

Hi @JPLoonstra ,
Thanks to Geurt @Dijker we have virtual devices @ Homey cloud, by “using” CoCo (KlikAanKlikUit) devices
Now you can use one device to control many devices at once. You’ll need the Homey Bridge tho.

1. Install a random CoCo lamp
  2. Just confirm the following question about if you saw the pair LED blink
  3. Done, you’ll have yourself a virtual switch.

In this flow, 3 items are switched while switching on 1 virtual lamp.
Now we all hope you won’t get killed by the misses :sweat_smile: :woozy_face:

Another idea, you could also use 1 physical lamp as master and the other 2 as slave this way.
The lamps which aren’t supposed to be switched by a human, can be moved to a zone called z_DoNotTouch.
That way they’re “out of sight”.

HI @Peter_Kawa,
That a good inbetween solution, I will try it.

Besides switching, with < group > I will also be able to dim, set color temperatures, etc. so I’m still very interested to see it on Homey Cloud / Bridge!

According to Athom, apps from the “tools” category will not be made available for Homey Cloud/Bridge. You need a Homey Pro for that.

1 Like

Well, I hope they’ll reconsider. Or, better even, add the grouping of devices to the core logic. I think it’s strange they didn’t already do that anyway.

@Jamie I created a group of temperature sensors.
I want to use the highest value of the sensors.

When I chose this option in the settings the app gives an error

Any ideas what I do wrong?

I have that same problem. Energy from groups of consumers are added to the consumers in the Energy tab in the app. So consumption is doubled up. Was there ever any solution to this?