[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

haha, no :slight_smile: dont think were are on the same line at the moment. Iā€™ll try to explain with pictures.

transition

This light bulb now transitions from 0% dim to 100% dim over a period of 15 seconds. This feature isnā€™t available when doing this with a group.

ah okay now i understand.
i checked this on my side and must say that feature is available for me.
i checked it for light group (3 philips hue lights grouped).
the app ā€œgroupā€ has the version 2.1.708 on my side

Okay, iā€™m on 2.2.102 which is the latest beta. Iā€™m using Ikea light blubs and not Heu although I have hue to test, let me try.

Edit: No, not with the HUE lights either (connected through bridge).

Got it!

I donā€™t believe this is is an inbuilt feature. Thats to say it is a special feature added to some apps. You can see this clearly with the fibaro on line 140.

Looks like the philips hue its completely different and added as a ā€˜capability optionā€™ :: https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/blob/master/app.json : line 50

According to the documents Capability-specific options can be found in the Apps Reference. But i see no reference to the ā€˜magical undocumentedā€™ capability option. "duration": true

To be honest I am not sure what is going on with the IKEA globes, I didnt see the flow action with in that ā€¦ or the magical capability option, or a custom capability -

Sorry I donā€™t really know what to do in this case where there is a bunch of special features for athom apps which we (everyone else) are not made aware of ā€¦

edit : found it line 72 of the beta branch - not stable? https://github.com/athombv/com.ikea.tradfri/blob/beta/app.json

Iā€™m using the 1.2.10 app from Athom. Donā€™t even know if there is a beta version avail, atleast not on the apps site. To be honest, its not a real problem, but i thought it would smoothen things a bit. It doesnā€™t really matter that much.

Create a tick on the repo, ill have a look into it when I get a chance, though its a bit of a low priority - being able to use capability options might come in handy one day.

Has that been your only issue with the beta?

Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ve just discovered this app. Well done mate. It saved me so so many multiple flows. I now have flows if heater group is on and nobody is home. Also for the lights.

Gr8 app.

Yup, for now everything iā€™m using is working. Using a combined energy meter which works as expected and a group of lights. Sometimes it seems not to turn off, but apparently one light (always the same) isnā€™t reachable, so that is not a problem of groups. So for now; thumbs up :slight_smile:

Hey @Martijn_Hoogenbosch I have been to add the ā€˜durationā€™ capability to lights dim, hue, saturation and temp.

However, it only works for devices which it has been set up for - so it didnā€™t actually do anything for my fibaro dimmers as such I think that more people will complain if it doesnā€™t work then people will complain if it is missing.

But if its important to you, hit me up and ill explain how you can add to the code (copy and paste text into a file).

Thanks

Hi @Jamie , sorry, maybe is my question already answered but not found nothing atm:
i have 4 groups, 3 sensors for average temp and humidity and one for lights.
But they are only updated when i restart the app. Is this a bug or something with my setup?
Thanks

Thatā€™s ether a bug or something to do with you setup.

Which lights are you using?

And what happens if you creat a group with a single light with in it, does that correct update when the device is turned on and off?

Hi Jamie, i have fibaro relais for light. Tried now with only one switch. Is not updating the status. Also tried with one sensor, not updating. Only when i restart the app is updating.

Update after PTP, everything is working now:

Thanks for the update, iā€™ve been trying to reproduce the issue but have no been able to.

Everything still running correctly?

Hi Jamie, everything ok atm.

I have the same issue with the Delay. I think this is normal.

Yep, same here but with z-wave devices, about 2-3 sec delay.

@Jamie can you explain the reason of this delay?
It is not a show stopper for me, but it would be better without delay :wink:

How homey handles when a capability (ie. brightness) is changed is internal as far as I am able to control it is immediate. But What Homey does after it receives to call to update devices is out of my control. I too notice a delay from when Homey receives the command to when the group is updated.

I will have another look at the code to ensure that there is nothign more I can do though.

1 Like

Jamie, great app thanks for the good work! Here also a delay in switching devices. Hopefully you know what it is soon

Is there anyone around with both a Homey and a Homey Pro? And if so have you noticed a difference in any lag?