[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Since a couple of days i have a problem with the groups. I have 4 groups wich are used for turning on the lights. The problem is as follow. If i switch the group ‘off’ it turns off all the lights (Works okay) after a couple of seconds the group is showing it is on but actually it is not, the lights are still off.

Sometimes it also showing all groups are on in the Homey app while the lights are off ,As it should be, because there is no action given to turn on the groups. So it looks like the status of the groups is not handled correctly? don’t know if this is a problem within Homey, the app Groups, or Ikea(all lights are Ikea Tradfri).

Does anyone else recognize this issue?

What are the actual devices which are with in the app, showing as?

Within the group app you mean? they’re as far as i know, showing as lights. See screenshots below, if you meant something else please let me know :slight_smile:

Sorry I mean the actual devices themselves with in the Athom Homey App.

You turn off the group, and the lights physically turn off - but do they (ZITHOEK1, ZITHOEK2, ZITHOEK3) show as ‘off’ in Homey?

Hi Jamie, sorry misunderstand it. But yes, the lights itself are showing off within the Homey app.

Please restart the app, then turn on/off al the lights - then send an error log along which which group is showing as off when it should be on, and ill have a look.

Thanks

Will do, it’s not always occuring though. I have restarted the app, when i notice the issue I will then generate the error log and send it to you. with description of the groups.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi,

With the help of @Akumu and his testing/logs, I have pushed out a fix which will update the group

• when devices are made available/unavailable. ie, should ensure that the group is the correct value after Homey restarts.

It also lays the ground work for allowing a delay when updating items in groups and several other fixes : Details below.

I am looking for a couple alpha testers to help me test prior to going to beta.

• Remove redundant ‘states’ variable,
  • Update initValues to loop through each capability and call same code as state change
  • Add call to update a value when ever the device with in the group change status (go offline or come online)

• Fixes to DE language
  • SV updates

• Lay ground work for allowing groups to be delayed
  • New settings structure separating out set/get/about in .homeycompose
  • New settings for setting a device capability value.

• Update athom-api@2.1.179

• Attempt to fix issue #40, remove sanity check before updating capabilities.
1 Like

Awesome m8, this bug was quite annoying, I am up for a test if you still haven’t found people.

Thanks, ill add you tomorrow.

2.4.202 Has been released, as well as including minor changes to the logging, each group now has two usable settings, debounce and delay.

Delay is a setting which can be set which when you change the value of the group, each device in the group will be updated after a delay (in microseconds) - this is to fix the common issue where sending multiple commands to devices at once (normally via flows) will not work correctly. (0 for none)

Debounce is the counter part to delay, the value of the group once updated can have a debounce value set, which will stop it being updated again, even if there are more changes for the length of the debounce. (0 for none)

Finally I have added additional code, which when it detects there was an error setting a value - will attempt to send it a second time.

1 Like

The beta channel has now been updated to version : 2.4.202

Please let me know how you go, specifically regarding speed.

If you have any issues, please just double check that the device in the group is behaving correctly. ie. I have a kitchen light which will not always turn on/off - but that is because Homey incorrectly reports its current state. (says on when off and visa-versa).

2 Likes

Havn’t got any issues since the last update, so looks stable to me :slight_smile:

Thanks @Akumu - ill release it.

2.4.2 has been released.

2 Likes

Looking at my Homey app, it looks like my groups (door and motion sensors) were triggered when Homey automatically updated to 2.5.0 on August 3:rd.
Anyone else saw this? Will it happen again?
Thanks

Yes, I have a flow that reboots Homey once a week at 2am. Most of the time after the reboot the group that includes a few of door sensors is triggered. And turns on some lights which are supposed to turn on when this particular group is triggered.
Also after almost every firmware update same thing.

I meant to report this to @Jamie but kept forgetting.

I thought we had fixed that a while ago

Are you able to send some logs?

For a while there were no problems, indeed.

I will update my Homey to 2.5.1 tomorrow and send a log if it happens. If it doesn’t, then I will soft reboot it until it does.

Same thing on the update to 2.5.1. I just created a diagnostic report within the app. Any good or should I have sent something else?

Guys, can someone explain me “the last value set in the app”? I have group of the devices. I want for group to reflect state of last value changed. Is this the same as the last value set in the app?

Exaple would be group of three i.e. You turn on the device 1, group reflect last change hence group is on. You turn off the device 2, group reflect last change hence group is now off. You get the picture. Can I achieve obove using “the last value set in the app”? Thnx.

Hey Last Value set in the app, will only look at the value the group was set to, and ignore all of the values of the devices in the group.

Kinda like the behavior you mention but only with the group.

What you would like is a bit different, It would be possible to add it as a feature.