[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

@vaderag that is indeed the case, that will only trigger if a device is turned on because of an activity, purely a harmony limitation.

@Fire69 those are unfortunately not bind able with the current implementation of the homey app, home assistent (as example) has a workaround for this creating a device (fake philips hue light) that can be added into the harmony, but that would take a lot of time to add into the app, if it is even possible.
When i looked into these buttons myself they are just very, very limited even in the harmony app, only devices that they support can be added there, and even that was limited.
Might have changed in the pas 2 years though, but am sure that only device they support can be added there, still very few devices, i think 4 brands currently.

1 Like

Hypothetically, if I got a Hue bridge and added some bulbs, could I assign those buttons and then use the virtual state of the bulb to action a flow?

well, you’ll also have to add the bulb(s) into homey, and trigger on state change of the bulb(s).
i think the other brands harmony supports might offer a better option.

Yeah, but assume those bulbs wouldnt actually need connecting since the info would be read at the hub level?
The only other brands supported are LifX, SmartThings and Hunter Douglas (never heard of them)

Basically, I’m trying to find a way to ‘hack’ it so I can flick my fibaro dimmers with the remote instead…

I have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub that becomes sluggish when the Homey Harmony Hub is enabled. Is this a known issue? First I thought that it was wifi related, but when I switch off the Homey Harmony App the Harmony Hub is instantly responding fast again.

Installed v2.0.3, running Homey: 3.2.1.

i have already for a long time only the stop activity used for when to go to sleep.
Started to implement the activities but also have the issue that whatever I try: i get the message cannot reach ip of undefined.

Any solution?

I have installed the homey app, but it is not possible to connect my Harmony Hub.
it shows only 2 activities (I think standard activities) and they are not responding.

I am using the latest firmware, Logitech activated XMPP again in this firmware, after enabling by user.
Using Domoticz and XMPP works perfectly fine, but Homey would be better :slight_smile:

As I read, this Homey app is nog using XMPP anymore?

Hub version: 4.15.264

Sorry for asking - I just joined. The Homey Harmony Hub app is no longer working with current Harmony Hub version (above), correct? I was able to install the app, I see my Harmony Actions in Homey app but I can’t trigger them (timeout). Do I need to enable anything in the Harmony software?

Working ok for me with hub version 4.15.264

Interesting… Did you do anything in the Harmony to “authorize” Homey as a controller? I did a test with a Fibaro Home Center (cough) a while ago. If I remember correctly, I had to “approve” Home Center in Harmony first. Is it the same with Homey?

No, didnot do anything. After installing the app just installed the Harmony devices, not the activitys. You can start or stop them with a flowcard

AH, I see. I tried adding the activities only and these don’t trigger from Homey although they’re listed. There’s a timeout error.

Hmmm, was trying in a new flow, but the activitys don’t show up here either anymore. Existing flows are working though. Maybe you better try contact the developer about this issue.

Edit: forgot to select the hub first. Works ok though

I figured out when you add an activity you get a time out, but when you start this activity once from the Logitech app, it works in the homey app also

OK, thanks! Not sure what I did but somehow it’s working now without changing anything. Could have been a range issue. I moved Homey closer to the hub, so I consider it fixed.

1 Like

Will harmony activities be available to alexa? All my plugs and lights are listed in alexa through the homey skill, but the activities (homey devices) won’t.

for activities and also for flows you have to do a workaround with a virtual device

Just wondering, what would be the easiest combination of flow/ Virtual Device to make my Harmony Activity’s availed for Alexa?

Make a Switch VD like „Netflix“ - this Device will sync to Alexa - and a flow like this:

Just to be on the safe side before acquiring a Logitech Harmony Hub - does it work fine with firmware version 4.2 (rc12)?