[APP][Pro] Heating Controller with utility prices

Hi, I also have the Tibber Pulse installed an get my applicable utility price of that app. Is there any way or with later release of your app that the Tibber price can be Integrated on your price list by linking the two apps with Metadata some how? I’m not a coder, but the logic seems like the right direction to move?

Just to clear out any misunderstanding. I don’t want the price of any External tibber or other price feed. I wish for your app to use my tibber app price output as your app price input. Is that possible? :innocent:

Yes, it would be possible :slight_smile:

@balmli
Is it possible to start the heating between September and May och when the temperature outside is below 13 degrees? How can I make it work?

Hi This is the APP I been looking for. Unfortunately I can’t get further than installing it. The interface is slightly different than in pictures on GitHub. Advanced Settings are not available, so I can’t get any further.
I have an old Homey (2016) and my android App is up to date. Any advise? What am I missing?

Hi,

You have to install a “Heating Controller” device as well. After that you will find “Adv. settings” and you’ll be able to create flows.

Thank you for your quick answer. Can I steer a Fibaro WallPlug? I told the app that there is a heater plugged in. I planned to steer the electrical heating with Z-wave switches or 433Mhz switches. No compatible thermostats but what is “sockets for heating”?

After installing the “Heating controller” - device, you must create at least to flows:

1. when “Heating Controller” Comfort mode trigger -> then switch heaters on, set comfort temperature on thermostats
  2. when “Heating Controller” ECO mode trigger -> then switch heaters off, set ECO temperature on thermostats

So you control whatever devices and thermostats you want.

Hey Bamli.

Very interesting app!

Just wondering, the price, what is included there, and is it based on hourly price change from nordpool or average price per day?
Hope you understand what im asking :blush:

Hi,

The price is net, no taxes hourly prices from Nordpool.

Thanks for the reply.

Does the app know all the daily prices, or just that hour?

Just trying to understand how its using the data

1 Like

The app knows all the daily prices

Nice! Really nice app, and excellent work. Thank you for this :clap::clap::ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi @balmli, I like the app but there is something that is not clear for me.

Using High prices X hours of the day. Does this calculate as under here 6 times where the price is highest? If so I wonder why it triggered today at 10:00 when according to nordpool there is 6 other times where the price is higher?

How does this trigger actually work? And how do I know when to set it back to comfort without the “high price eco mode”?

Or is the trigger more like this:

• It triggers every hour no matter what price
  • It gives the tag “high_price” a yes/no value depending on if it is within the 6 hours of high price?

So to use this you must always add a if(high_price) { lower temp } else { return to comfort mode }

This adds a new question, does it trigger only on change then? So if there is 3 hours with low price it does not send this action 1 time every hour?

Edit

Think I figured it out.

Cards “High/Low prices hours of the day” triggers every hour.
It sets the variable “high_price” or “low_price” to true/false depending on if this hour is one of the X hours with high or low price within the day.

So I need 6 cards:

Eco mode → Set temperature to 18 degrees
Comfort mode → set temperature to 24 degrees
High price comfort (high_price true) → Set thermostat to 22 degrees (2 lower)
Hight price comfort (high_price false) → run comfort flow to reset to comfort (sets to 24 again)
High price eco (high_price true) → Set thermostat to 16 degrees (2 lower)
Hight price eco (high_price false) → run eco flow to reset to eco mode (sets to 18 again)

Hello @balmli

Great app! There’s just one thing that I can’t get my head around. How does the manual override work?
What to do when I manually set a physical thermostat (Heatit Z-TEMP) in a zone to a higher or lower temperature?
Can you give me an example of a flow in which I manually override a thermostat in a zone and want the temperature to stay that way until the next mode / schedule change?

For example; temporarily a higher temperature in the evening, until night mode kicks in.

Thanks!

The solution to this depends on how you use Heating Controller to set the temperatures for the Z-TEMP zone.

The “Comfort mode” and “ECO mode” triggers trigger only when the mode switches from Comfort to ECO and ECO to Comfort. So if you use those triggers you can set a temperature for the Z-TEMP zone, and it will be overwritten by the “ECO mode” trigger when night mode starts.

Thanks @balmli

Allright, It seems to work now. Apparently I don’t need to use the override when I temporarily want to have a higher temperature. When I set the higher temperature it will be overruled by the changes to Eco Mode anyway at night. But then I don’t really get when I should use the Home Override function?

Also, I work from home most of the time. How do I disable the work hours so it doesn’t go into eco mode?

Thank you.

I use Home override myself when I work from home. With Home override you will have Comfort mode during the day.

Sounds like what I need. How did you implement that?
A manual mode you select in the morning? Cause I’d like it the other way around: normal is comfort during the day when I work at home and the exception is when I don’t work at home.

Just a flow to set Home override to off when everybody leaves, otherwise keep Home override on.

Allright, I’ll give it a try. Will Night mode still work when I keep Home override on then?