[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Now on the right topic:

My Homewizard energy p1 just came in today. I installed the app first. I was expecting that the p1 meter would also show the history of usage. Maybe I couldnt expected it for that price ;).

Offcourse I immediately installed this Homey app. Nice work btw!

But im wondering what kind of flows I can use the p1 meter with. Do you guys have any examples for inspiration?

I dont have any solar panels btw, but maybe in the near future.

At the moment I am still using an EnergyLink in combination with the Homewizard. Does the P1 meter have any advantages over the Energylink or does it make no difference?
I also use Homewizard for the HeatLink, so it won’t go away either.

Energylink provides you a S1 and S2 input so you can monitor solar, water or you electric car (which ever applies to you).
The P1 only monitors your netto power (if there is solar it deducts it from your usage).

I got both units and still use Energylink for my solar and water measuring.
P1 is more stable to be honest with wifi.

2 Likes

P1 does provide history in its own app, but only upon install date. Anything before that is not shown.
This developed app by me will read the current values so you can see energy usage in the energy section.

Use case could be for heatpump that when you go negative turn on applications in your house to turn it on.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I was thinking about the next thing. I’ve got an washing machine that is “smart”, so it sends me a message when is done washing.

I also have a “dumb” dryer. I would also like to get an message when the dryer is done. I have not a smart plug between wall outlet and the dryer. But can I with this app, make a flow that when the energy usage in a certain zone (for example “Washok” in my case) is dropped, that i will get a pushnotification on my phone? Or do i need a smart plug for this flow?

@UA84 Sadly this will be only possible with a energy socket.
The P1 dongle does show your total energy usage so potentially you can read this but it does not differentiate the source. Imagine a dishwasher or airfryer, oven etc also boost your usage and hence trigger a washing machine notification.

Socket will the only reliable solution for this.

1 Like

I just installed the P1 meter and added it using the HomeWizard app. Despite it having the property cumulative, all measurements are still added in the energy tab of Homey. I’m running app v2.0.2 and Homey v5.0.0. I saw some mentions in the thread about it working correctly for the EnergyLink (which also has cumulative property), but it’s not clear to me if it’s expected to also work correctly for the P1 meter?

As you say, it is flagged as cumulative so should state it as expected in the energy tab. Not understand what you see yourself.
Maybe remove/add to dongle to be sure?

Tried that already. I had the exact same issue with the homewizard energy app though. But I gave it a last shot and removed the dongle, removed the app, rebooted Homey and installed everything back. And behold, it works as expected now. In case of doubt, just nuke it!

Thanks for the quick reply @Jeroen_Tebbens and great work on the app!

No problem. Weird problem but yeah guess reboot of Homey was the eventual fix. Sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

Do I understand well that you can only see the current yield (huidige opbrengst) and the daily yield (dagelijkse opbrengst) of the solar panels if I put an extra kWh meter in between and connect it separately to the Energylink?

If I replace the current Energylink because it might break and I connect the new one, then it still gets the current readings from the smart meter? Such as the total meter readings.

Yes correct. Energylink is replaceable with an identical unit. You only might need to pair it again in HomeWizard unit itself.

I am not sure on the comment you made on separate kWh meter and connect it to Energylink.
You can only connect a s1 kWh DIN rail meter to Energylink to measure your solar or water meter or a ln electric car charging.

I have a DIN rail kWh meter to track solar panel in detail which is connected to my Energylink. The other S port has a water meter to track usage.

Additionally I have (splitter on p1) and a HW Energy WiFi dongle which only tracks Netto usage of power (so usage - solar production) but does not link or relate in any way with the old Energylink.

I also meant an extra DIN rail kWh meter that measures exactly how much the solar panels yield.
But I was also looking for a solution to see how much of the generated electricity I use immediately and how much goes into the grid that I then need in the evening.
Or this must already be visible somewhere and I have not seen it

No there is currently not such a meter that refelcts that. As its a bit of a calculation challenge. You can try power by the hour application and see if that helps it should be compatible.
If that doesnt help raise an enhancement request for it in my app and I will see if I can find time to cover it.

(Edit) after some thinking during cooking:

Power by the hour should cover your request.
Use the overall calculation of netto usage and solar meter and it will give you difference.

Thank you for your answer. I will have a look at PBTH. I use it already so I wil try to do something with the calculation.

If it wil not work i can always do a request.

Yeah sure.

Is there a card that i can use with a flow for the “stand terug levering laag” and the “stand terug levering normaal”?
It looks like this is the value that measured the kWh that go’s back to the grid.

You should be able to take the value of these and check them “value has changed” and then search for that specific meter.
Not 100% sure as I have removed my Energylink from Homey. But I recall you can check for those entries have changed. If not I’ll see that I must re-add them as they might have fallen prone to the recoding updated a while back (SDK1 → SDK2).

I am not sure if both the meters are there in a flow card.
Maybe a different name?

Screenshot_2021-04-12 Homey Pro van A 4

Ok those meters in the second picture do not have a card. The S1 and S2 do have a card. I’ll add these metered ones in the next update for return(delivery).