[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

Just to make sure: logout of the UVO app and login again.

Yes it works, i did logout and login. And after that, i rebooted the app in Homey

1 Like

Hi,

Whatā€™s the best way to enable/disable charging of the car? If I have an excess of solar energy or the price is low.
Iā€™ve tried to set the charging limit to the lowest of ā€œ50%ā€ and vice versa, but itā€™s not the bestā€¦ how to completely disable/enable charging? My Wallbox (Pulsar from ā€œWallboxā€) just have Bluetooth interfaceā€¦

I would say you can best do it with a number of Homey flows

1. disable charge schedule in the car (using the official Uvo/Bluelink app)

2. set the charge level to 100% or 80% (80 is better for the battery longevity). You can use the official or Homey app for this.

3. always plugin your car when at home

4. make a flow that triggers on ā€˜parkedā€™ and ā€˜distanceā€™ < 0.1 (at home). Make the flow stop charging. This makes sure that you only charge the car when you really want to.

5. create a flow to start charging when the price is low or when you have excess solar power.

6. create a flow to stop charging when the price is high or when you do not have excess solar power

When you try it and it works, please do share the flows in this forumšŸ‘

Edit: there are other strategies as well of course. E.g. set the charge level to 50% and skip step 4. Now change step 6 and 7 to incease or decrease the charge level. But I believe this is similar to what you already tried.

This morning at 05:00, I wanted to go to work, but the 12V battery was empty.
Kona EV MY2020, latest software.

Iā€™ve configured only one flow to test. Just as suggested.

• make a flow that triggers on ā€˜parkedā€™ and ā€˜distanceā€™ < 0.1 (at home). Make the flow stop charging.

Car was plugged in, flow stops the charging.
no other flows polling anything from the car.

The only other thing I does was to set the ABRP token, open ABRP app on Android and plan a route. Left It open in background over night?

So what was draining the 12V bat?
Just the fact that the charger was plugged, and then stopped the charging via bluelink/Homey?
Or something with ABRP, which was eventually polling periodically data?

Sadly Iā€™ve removed the flow and the app this morning in a rush, so there are no logs :frowning:

That is very unfortunatešŸ˜Ÿ
How did you manage to get the car going again?

Anyhow, using abrp does not make the app poll. It just uploads data to abrp when a poll was performed, not the other way around.

The ā€˜car parkedā€™ only triggers once if the car is stationary (I use that myself). Only on very bad GPS reception the car might report a large movement even while stationary.

Are you sure you did not make other flows to start or stop charging e.g. on price or solarpower change? Any command to the car will also drain the battery.

So without the logs it is difficult to find out what happened.

It seems the problem is not related to you app.

If the car is plugged in, and the charge was stopped via app/bluelink, the 12V battery keeps draining.
At least according to my knowledge so far.
I stay tunedā€¦

I had to get a new software update last month for my onboard charger (kia eniro). So it could be a software problem of the carā€¦

Did Kia change anything in the API tonight? I can no longer access my vehicle via Homey.

Failing for me as well
retCode: 'F', resCode: '4017', resMsg: 'Invalid request value - Invalid Application Id.'

Will ask the international dev community what is going onā€¦

1 Like

Oh, you have a different message. Try this:

Important information for login problems:

• If you experience login problems, please logout from the app on your phone and login again. You might need to ā€™ upgrade ā€™ your account to a generic Kia/Hyundai account, or create a new password or PIN.
  • After you migrated your Bluelink account to a generic Hyundai account, or your UVO account to a generic Kia account, make sure that both accounts have the same credentials (userid and password) to avoid confusion in logging in.

Signing in via the Kia UVO app works :man_shrugging:

24a341f8-f7d2-47c3-8fbc-a6568cce7b30

The cause is found. The bluelink/uvo api wrapper needs to be updated by the devs. Will update the Homey app as soon as a new version becomes available.

Can take some time because the maintainer is on US time :sleeping:

1 Like

I created a hot fix myself (more of a hack). Can you test this version 2.4.4?

1 Like

Yes the version 2.4.4 is workingšŸ˜€

1 Like

Works perfectly. Youā€™re one of the fastest developers ever! Thank you very much for that!

1 Like

v2.4.4. was just a quick and dirty fix to have stuff working again. So I just published v2.4.5 as stable. This is bringing the api wrapper back to the latest stable build.

All should be working again properly once this gets installed on your Homey.

If you have auto-update disabled make sure to update the app manually!

Since I updated to the Homey version v7.0.0 rc12 this morning, the Kia app is no longer accessible. The settings have not been changed. Is that related?

1e52993b-3352-49e3-bf40-b93a88300064

Edit
The same problem occurs with my second Homey.

6b4eae56-30c9-4330-86f1-8302ef709ff6

Donā€™t think it is related to the Homey firmware. It is Kia/Hyundai doing their best to sabotage non-official apps. Again the international dev community is working on a more permanent solution.

1 Like