[APP][Pro] Knmi (Dutch weather, for Homey firmware v5 or above)

And what happens when you restart the app (restarting the app also triggers re-fetching all data).
If this issue persists I will need to add some more debugging logs for this case before I can determine why this could be.

There was a change I think. At the moment this field is a boolean, either there is an alarm or there is not. No more information from the current value, either 0 or 1.
The api now also has a descriptive field of that alarm that does not make part of this app yet, so I will need to update the app to include alarm description.

For the other mentioned issue I will be adding additional logs for all received data and wether or not that data has changed or not with current and new values, so that I may see why values are not updated.

1 Like

Not sure which parameters should be updated after restart of the app, but here the result

Before

After

I do not believe these screenshots help. Parameter such as sunup do not change every day, neither the wind force / “windkracht”. But as stated earlier I have seen the behaviour not updating the “max temp today” before.

If the max temp today of yesterday is the same temperature as yesterday, then it will not show as updated, that is normal and expected behavior.
If it should have updated due to actually changed data but it does not, then you can try and restart the app to trigger a new updating of values, do they then get updated or does the problem persist after an app restart?

I will check if restarting helps when this occurs again. But upto now it seems rather random behavior to me.

Understood that a value needs to change in order to “update” the value. That’s also why I am saying that the provided screenshots will not help.

My screens will automatically go down with a certain max temperature and chance on sun that specific day. I see sometimes that these values are not updated when they should. (Mostly i am triggered when the screens goes down while the temperature I way below threshold or screens will not go down while temperature is above threshold).

@Some1

Hi johan

Today max temp by the app is 30 degrees ( it actually is 22 for nieuw vennep / Beinsdorp !! )

Its not updating . See below. I did a app restart and stayed 30 … i updated to 7.4.2 just five mins ago ( so reboot ) … and still 30 after the update. So restarting is NOT forcing updating data

Expected weerbeeld is not updated for 4 days also as an example. But everything not “expected” is updated

See screenshot

Kan ik de standaard plaats veranderen? Ik woon in Houten maar de app pakt Schalkwijk (enkele kms verderop).

1 Like

Om die reden gebruik ik als Houtenaar de Weather Underground app, dan kun je t weerstation van de buurman bij wijze van spreke selecteren

Does Anyone know if there is a trigger possible that triggers with thunder?

Is it possible to add the “Gust wind” value?

Kind regards!

Just started using the screens again, but I noticed that max. expected temperature is way off here in the knmi app. Max is indicated as 18 degrees at my location (last updated this morning, App restart does not change it), while the current temperature is already 20 degrees, so the max. value doesn’t even make sense.

This is one of the conditions I use to decide whether or not to lower the screens.
Has anyone found a workaround for this, other that using another weather app?

I have same issue as described above. The max expected temperature is not updated.
How to solve?

max verwachte temp vandaag is updated een dag geleden. ook na herstart van app, en na herstart van homey blijft dit erin staan

When I use the weerlive API key I still see the “max expected temp” values ‘d0tmax’ ‘d1tmax’ etc.
You can compare it with the app values this way (use your own hometown), to see if it is an issue of weerlive, or the Knmi app:
https://weerlive.nl/api/json-data-10min.php?key=MyApiKey&locatie=Alkmaar:

{
	"liveweer": [{
		"plaats": "Alkmaar",
		"timestamp": "1684891383",
		"time": "24-05-2023 03:23",
		"temp": "5.1",
		"gtemp": "3.5",
		"samenv": "Licht bewolkt",
		"lv": "97",
		"windr": "NW",
		"windrgr": "315",
		"windms": "2",
		"winds": "2",
		"windk": "3.9",
		"windkmh": "7.2",
		"luchtd": "1025.0",
		"ldmmhg": "769",
		"dauwp": "5",
		"zicht": "19",
		"verw": "Afwisseling van zon en wolken",
		"sup": "05:28",
		"sunder": "21:45",
		"image": "wolkennacht",
		"d0weer": "halfbewolkt",
		"d0tmax": "15",
		"d0tmin": "8",
		"d0windk": "4",
		"d0windknp": "12",
		"d0windms": "6",
		"d0windkmh": "22",
		"d0windr": "W",
		"d0windrgr": "270",
		"d0neerslag": "0",
		"d0zon": "45",
		"d1weer": "halfbewolkt",
		"d1tmax": "13",
		"d1tmin": "8",
		"d1windk": "2",
		"d1windknp": "6",
		"d1windms": "3",
		"d1windkmh": "11",
		"d1windr": "NO",
		"d1windrgr": "44",
		"d1neerslag": "10",
		"d1zon": "60",
		"d2weer": "halfbewolkt",
		"d2tmax": "18",
		"d2tmin": "9",
		"d2windk": "2",
		"d2windknp": "6",
		"d2windms": "3",
		"d2windkmh": "11",
		"d2windr": "NO",
		"d2windrgr": "44",
		"d2neerslag": "10",
		"d2zon": "40",
		"alarm": "0",
		"alarmtxt": ""
	}]
}

Or automatically:

@Peter_Kawa Is that you’re own API in the screenshot?
Maybe you should remove it otherwise if everyone is going to try this, 300 requests is not much then. :+1:t2:

1 Like

thank you @Peter_Kawa for putting me on the coding path :wink:

I have duplicated your suggested flow and included also the prediction of rain/wind. I am using these parameters now for closing the windows blinds (high temp prediction) and open them (rain and high wind).

1 Like

Thanks for paying attention, Mike! :heart:
Missed that one.
I’m not afraid of folks using my key, while an API key can be obtained quick and it’s free.
And if it seems to exceed the limit all the time, I get myself another key.

1 Like

Nice!
Today the values are different for d1 and d2, so the “not updating” issue seems not to be @ weerlive:
“d0tmax”: “15”, “d1tmax”: “14”, “d2tmax”: “17”

Hi Wesley I saw your comment with the photo how did you get the place set to Amere-buiten My location is set to City :frowning:

Read the howto again I guess :wink:

Note, you can set your location exactly by disabling the ‘Automatically find location’ switch in Location Settings.
Then, just enter your address.
Probably that way your location will be A-buiten as well

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response, I have read the how to do it several times, I have also searched the forum, but unfortunately the solution is not there yet, even with your instructions.

My location is set to the correct street, the check mark automatic is not there for me.

The strange thing is that on another weather app I get exactly the correct location.