[APP][Pro] Life360

Hi, looking to the notification this is triggered by a flow or that homey or another app read battery status from other apps. I am 100 percent sure that the Life360 app does not send a notification on is own.

Please, in the homey app go to devices, select your device and check if there are any flows on this device.

What you also could check is more/settings/notifications is there are any that could send this. Like energy maybe?

No flows for battery notifications:

Donā€™t see any abnormalities here too.
Notifications for energy are off too:

I installed the app and so far itā€™s all working fine, so Iā€™m very happy!
One Question: what exactly does ā€˜Device kwam binnenā€™ mean or what triggers it? I created a flow to set me away when I leave home and that works fine with ā€˜Device ging wegā€™, but when I do the same with ā€˜Device kwam binnenā€™ it never sets me home. I now changed this to ā€˜Device komt aan op deze plekā€™ and used Home as the location from the list of locations created in Life360. I was wondering why ā€˜Device kwam binnenā€™ wouldnā€™t do the same.

I love all the information available in the device like battery, speed, driving etc, but from what I read itā€™s not possible to use these in a flow. I do get a notification when the phone battery is low.

is it possible to set the sync time less them a min?
i use the app to turn on the lights on my frontyard when i come home but often its too late and already home when they turn on

No, Sorry, This will hit the API to much.

1 Like

@MarcelT I upgraded to v1.2.3 but that didnā€™t work. The ā€œDevice came inā€ and ā€œDevice leftā€ card didnā€™t trigger anymore.

Also, the logs shows something like ā€œName: Ricardo, Presence:unknown, new Presence:true, range: 76, distance 1.8ā€ but it kept saying that; the (current) presence was always unknown at every synchronisation attempt. For all devices.

I had to (CLI) install the 1.2.2 and everything is fine again now. I am still very happy with Connect Life360. For me itā€™s the only working presence detection. Thanks again!

Hello did you already get it working ?
i have the same problemā€¦

@MarcelT just stopped by to tell you ā€œthis app is working like a charm!ā€ :ok_hand::+1:.
Yes I also receive a battery status notification when a phone goes below 15% and a timeout saving the Life360 settings. But I ignore those :grin:.

After unsuccessfully trying MQTT, Owntracks, Smart Presences and a few others, this Life360 app is GREAT!

Just bought you a beer or coffee :grin::+1:!

Screenshot_20210205-110715_PayPal|690x398

1 Like

Still the same here. The battery notifications below 15% are really getting annoyingā€¦ :confused:
Especially since there are several coming; not just at 15% but values below tooā€¦

@MichelS Thank you very much!

1 Like

Has anybody got an idea how to get rid of the below 15% battery notifications that @MichelS and I are experiencing? Anybody having the same problems too.

Have searched for quite a while now, but have no idea what to do and it gets a bit annoying nowā€¦ :wink: Every evening I get several notifications when my phones battery is getting below 15%.

I believe you when you say it isnā€™t coming from the Life360 app, @MarcelT. But when I disable the app, the notifications stop comingā€¦ Isnā€™t that strange then?

@Henk_Renting , thinking out loud: Could it be that Android sends it to Life360? Maybe this could help:

But I do not get a notification from the Life360 app on my phone, but from Homey. With the Homey icon, and the only way Homey is able to know this is by the Homey app itself of the Life360 app (both on my phone).
When I disable the Life360 Homey app, the notifications stopā€¦

Are you still getting these notifications? Or have you managed to solve them?

Did not see the percentage notification. But I tested it last night, letting it drain to 11%. And this is what I saw:

But in all honesty, I am not really bothered by that :blush:

That seems a different notification.
I get push messages to my phone from Homey. If i tell my phone to disable them, alle push messages from Homey are disabledā€¦ ;(

Tested again by draining the battery.
And I donā€™t get % notification.
Only received 2 related to the battery

I didnā€™t change anything!

Disabled the timeline notification for energy and now I donā€™t see any battery messages.

Proof is in the pudding, so check the time of the screenshot when my phone almost died (5% left), and check the timeline notications. Last notification was when I left to walk the dog :blush:.

Hi there,

life360 works great en really secure
but now i add a log to it to see when im goneā€¦ and then this is what it logsā€¦ see picture
on the phone off my girlfriend it works fine and we have the same settingsā€¦

Did this ever get resolved @MarcelT ? I am experiencing exactly the same issue when trying to set up the app (v 1.2.4) for the first time (Homey V5).

I am not able to reproduce this :unamused:.