I have written a new app to add LinkTap valves to Homey.
The app is available in the Homey store
Link Tap | Homey
and on GitHub
Note, CLI installation will not work from version 1.0.0 onwards as the webhook requires secret codes to be registered by the app.
I have kept the interface as simple as possible:
Turn on Instant mode or cancel any current watering plan using the power button.
Clear the active alarms by taping on the Clear Alarms button.
Select a watering plan to activate. The plan must be pre-configured in the LinkTap app or you will see an error message displayed (HTTPS Error 400).
View the current status of the valve.
Look at the timeline of watering events.
To get started:
Tap on the Add new device button in the Homey app.
Select the LinkTap App if you have it already installed, else type Linktap into the search bar to install the app.
Select the LinkTap (cloud) option.
Tap on Connect
You need to obtain an API key from Linktap. There is an option on the first page of the Add New Device page that can obtain a new API key for you if you don’t already have one.
Note: If you get a new API Key it will invalidate the previous one as each account can only have one key. Therefore, any other third-party app that is using the old key will stop working.
Enter you LinkTap Username (this is not your email address)
a) So, if you have an existing key then enter it manually and tap on the Connect button.
b) To get a new API key, enter your LinkTap account Password in the lower field then click on the “Connect” button. If it is successful, the new API key will be saved. The password is only required to obtain the key so it is not saved.
The app will show all your LinkTap valves on all your hubs that are connected to the account and are not already in Homey.
Note: the API to get devices has a minimum interval of 5 minute so the app caches the data to ensure it is always available. The side effect is that newly added valves or hubs could take up to 5 minutes to appear when adding devices.
Select the valves you want to be added to Homey and tap on next.
The selected valves will then appear in the Homey devices list.
To use the Instant mode, open the Advanced Settings screen (cog in the top right corner of the device view) and enter the required details.
Save the settings once you have them as you want.
Select Instant Mode from the pick list and the command will be sent with all the settings to activate the relay.
- Support for G1 valves
- German translation provided by @fantross (thank you)
- Fix crash if no data returned from LinkTap.
- Fix Clear Log button.
- Fix issue with app settings not taking effect until the app is restarted.
- Fixed issue with the Turn Off Instant Mode flow card.
- Fixed issue with the water volume.
- Reset cycle remaining when instanat mode is cancelled.
- Fixed issue the water volume units text.
- "Added On / Off capability for quick instant mode activation / deactivation.
- Check for new On / Off capability availability earlier to ensure it is added before being used.
- Add more diagnostics to see the message that is sent to LinkTap.
- Fix issue when sending log.
- Fix error when activating instant mode on G1 tapLinkers.
- Trap POST errors.
- Added instructions and LinkTap URL to obtain API key
- Added button to obtain an API key.
- Added Dutch translation courtesy of Roy Kokkelkoren.
- Major rewrite to use a webhook instead of polling. The app is now much more responsive but uses less CPU resources.
- Some capabilities have been removed or changed and there are also some new ones.
- Added Dutch translations that got lost during the merge.
- Removed Fall and Broken alarms from G1 valves as they are not supported and where unintentionally added in the rewrite.
- Added missing “Calendar Mode” to watering plan selection.
Version 1.0.4 LinkTap | Homey
- Added new German translations thanks to Dirk Göbel