[APP][Pro] Netgear Router - Network control, Presence detection, Energy monitoring

Yes, up/down speed of the internet works fine. But is it also working for individually attached devices?
@Erik_M_Madsen @Eternity

Checked by streaming video on my phone. In Homey your App shows no up/down speed (for me).

Same here…

Is a known issue

The developer asked for extra feedback :+1:

@Gruijter

With the latest update the reporting delay I experienced has also disappeared! Within a minute a devise is reported on-/offline!

Great news. Thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Yep, we are on the same page there. Up Down speeds for the router are fine it’s just the devices (phones in my case). I have switched the reporting off for them now so they don’t appear in the device page so all good.

I did have a laugh though as my wife’s phone must of dropped off the network for too long. The app then run my flows because it thought she had left the house. As she was the only one home that triggered a flow to set the house alarm so when she moved it set the alarm off. Watching her panic on the captured video, trying to find her key fob to switch it off, was quite amusing lol.
I suffered when I got home though so I have disabled that feature until I can get the timings correct.

1 Like

Hahahahaha, thanx fot sharing this, my morning can’t start better :rofl::rofl:

v3.0.3 was just released as beta in the app store.

v3.0.3 2019.11.05 Introduced selectable router capabilities for better compatibility with buggy router firmware.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is not working for me.

I trigger a flow if my phone comes online:

If my phone connects via the access point in the attic, the R7000 shows that the phone is connected as a wired device:

However, this connected device will not trigger the mentioned flow. Only if connected directly to the R7000, the flow is triggered.

Hi ,
Sorry i did not make a github issue for what i was experiencing, but one day i was digging arround in the new 3.0.0 version and found the option connected devices method , auto old new… set it to old and Bam everything works as it used to do. :slight_smile: so that did the trick for me.
btw loving the new version… with the ability to add devices as devices. :slight_smile: !

1 Like

I submitted the v3 to the Homey appstore as stable release. But it got rejected because the description does not render nice anymore in the new store. I changed the text and submitted again. Hope it will be published for everyone :soon:

1 Like

Hi Robin

A great app, I use since I have bought a R7800. Since a few day’s it started to report new devices are on my network with a &Amp name. I have no devices in my network with such name and they point to IP addresses of known devices.

Is this a known bug or better, a wrong setting at my side? I rebooted my router, without any improvement.

No clue. I have a r7800 too and all is ok here. If you post an issue on github, please include the app log and the test result.

Internet is up, connected devices (and for that matter internet speed show data), but connection reported as disconnected. What am I missing?

Min min = plus?

It says your internet is NOT interrupted, so it is up

Could be, but a check mark (positive) combined with a no and internet disconnected message…seems confusing to me.

yup. Is confusing, but I’m not changing it. I’m using the default alarm capability from Athom.

New Firmware released by Netgear introduced new problems in parsing attached devices. I have made a new release that can manage these firmware issues, and also fixes some other minor issues.

Netgear package 3.9.9. Fixed fw update on R7000. Fix parsing of devices. Fix delete Devicelist. Selectable login method added.

Get it here:

1 Like

Hi Gruijter,

I’m having trouble with the netgear app. It used to work flawless. Due to changing of my internet provider, I have a zyxel modem which gives out all the adressen in stead of the netgear orbi, which I use now as an access point. The homey had no trouble logging into the Orbi, but somehow that changed. When I try to add it to the homey I get the message: Failed to login. If I run the test it auto discovers the orbi and after filling the password and press start test it says hang on… and then I got a pop up that says: An unknown fault has occurred. (translated). So I have no results to transmit to you. Any ideas what I can do? I really love the awareness of presence via the router i.s.o. geo fencing.

Grtz Fred