[APP][Pro] Nuki Direct

I dont own a opener myself. If you could check the API documentation and tell me what you are after I can implement it.

It seems that this feature is not yet supported by the bridge API, athough there is a great demand: https://developer.nuki.io/t/nuki-bridge-api-bell-ring-of-nuki-opener-as-trigger-for-callbacks/2557

Still no luck in pairing the bridge with the App. Did a factory reset for bridge and lock. Frimware Lock 2.7.30 and Bridge 2.3.0. With https://api.nuki.io/discover/bridges ik get the following response.

{“bridges”:[{“bridgeId”:153587040,“ip”:“192.168.2.140”,“port”:8080,“dateUpdated”:“2020-07-14T12:49:54Z”}],“errorCode”:0}

Tried many many times but no succes. With pressing the bridge during searching and without pressing. On wifi and on 4G connectrion etc etc. any idea?

--------------------- UPDATE --------------------------

I suceeded adding the lock… now the message appears for a network time out

someothers with the same error?

-------------- FIXED UPDATE --------------------------------

My Bridge was the problem in this. I had continuous dropoff’s in my network, the bridge was not avialable. The Bridge was still in firmware 2.3 and after fiddeling around it updated by it self to 2.6 and now it is all stable.

All these errors indicate a bad network connection between Homey and your Nuki Bridge. You should look into that. According to Homey the bridge is mostly not reachable and I’d look into that first. Connect your phone to the bridge and have a look at the connection details. I can’t rule out Homey though as it’s network stack does seem to be unreliable for some people. If this would have been a common problem with my app more people would have complained about it.

Yes you where right. the bridge was unstable due to old firmware i think in combination with my TPLINK router (DECO P7)

Important notice about this release: this release is based on Homey SDK3 which requires Homey firmware 5.x. Firmware 5.x is currently in experimental stage. Dont install this app version until you have updated to Homey firmware 5.x. It also introduces two features that depend on Nuki Lock 2.0 firmware 2.8.1 or higher and Nuki Bridge firmware 2.7.0 / 1.17.0 which are both currently in beta. If you do not have these beta versions or you have a Nuki Smart Lock 1.0 but you do have Homey firmware 5.x you could install the app but might miss out on the battery percentage indication for the lock and/or the callback for the Nuki Opener until the firmware goes out of beta and becomes available for your device.

v3.0.0 - 2020-08-07

• Updated to SDK3 (this require Homey firmware 5.x).
  • Fixed issue with triggercards for continuous mode for Nuki opener.
  • Added instructions in pairing wizard.
  • Added battery percentage for Nuki Lock (requires Nuki Bridge firmware 2.7.0 and Nuki Lock firmware 2.8.1)
  • Added triggercard for Nuki Opener Ring actions including timestamp token (requires Nuki Bridge firmware 2.7.0 and Nuki Opener firmware 1.5.1)
  • Added Nuki Opener setting for configuring battery powered device. When enabled the battery alarm capability will be available
  • Added functionality where the Nuki will show as unreachable when it cant be reached

Important notice about release 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 : this release is based on Homey SDK3 which requires Homey firmware 5.x. Firmware 5.x is currently in experimental stage. Dont install this app version until you have updated to Homey firmware 5.x. It also introduces two features that depend on Nuki Lock 2.0 firmware 2.8.1 or higher and Nuki Bridge firmware 2.7.0 / 1.17.0 which are both currently in beta. If you do not have these beta versions or you have a Nuki Smart Lock 1.0 but you do have Homey firmware 5.x you could install the app but might miss out on the battery percentage indication for the lock and/or the callback for the Nuki Opener until the firmware goes out of beta and becomes available for your device.

v3.0.2 - 2020-08-17

Merged pull request 4 by Piero Freguia (thanx for the improvements)

v3.0.1 - 2020-08-07

• Updated the app structure using Homey compose
  • Fixed manual pairing

v3.0.0 - 2020-08-07

• Updated to SDK3 (this require Homey firmware 5.x).
  • Fixed issue with triggercards for continuous mode for Nuki opener.
  • Added instructions in pairing wizard.
  • Added battery percentage for Nuki Lock (requires Nuki Bridge firmware 2.7.0 and Nuki Lock firmware 2.8.1)
  • Added triggercard for Nuki Opener Ring actions including timestamp token (requires Nuki Bridge firmware 2.7.0 and Nuki Opener firmware 1.5.1)
  • Added Nuki Opener setting for configuring battery powered device. When enabled the battery alarm capability will be available
  • Added functionality where the Nuki will show as unreachable when it cant be reached

@Piero_F has made various well coded contibutions to this app recently. He is obviously a better coder then me and also has access to a Nuki Opener which will help in further development of support for this device as well. Together we have decided to transfer the ownership, maintenance and further development of this app over to him. I have no doubt he will do a good job. Best of luck to him (as a user I’ll still be involved) … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Important notice about release v3.0.3: This release is based on Homey SDK3 which requires Homey firmware 5.0.0. Homey 5.0.0 is still in an experimental stage. Since few days the Homey Community Store prevents you from installing apps that relies on incompatible versions (thanks @MaxvandeLaar!).
Some new features implemented by the app are available only with the latest Nuki firmware that are still in beta phase. The following table show the relationships among Nuki features and beta firmware.

Nuki feature Bridge FW 2.6.x / 1.16.x Bridge FW 2.7.x / 1.17.x Smart Lock FW 2.8.x / 1.10.x Opener FW 1.5.1
Contact alarm (door sensor) :heavy_check_mark:
Smart Lock battery level :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
“Someone rang the doorbell” :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Note: Homey Community Store still allows you to install v1.4.0 which is compatible with Homey 4.2.0.

v3.0.3 2020-08-28

This is the first version after the handover of the app development. New developer and new intents.

• Differentiate the aspect from the Nuki app by Athom to avoid appearing as a duplicate app
    The new name “Nuki Direct” emphasizes straight, fast, reliable communication between Homey and Nuki devices. The app’s icon and color have also been changed.
  • Highlight the extra features offered by Nuki and implemented by this app over the standard features of Homey
    For this purpose, the icon and title of the device status displayed by the app have been changed; the trigger flow cards related to specific Nuki events have also been modified.
  • Make Smart Lock and Opener devices more homogeneous
    Before this version the devices were managed by two different developers and it was difficult to adopt the same model and the same terminology for the two devices.
  • Simplify the app
    Whenever a new version is released, new features are introduced; when introducing new features, existing features should also be re-evaluated: Is the new functionality consistent with the existing ones? Is the application getting too complicated? Am I creating overlapping features?
    After this re-evaluation the Continuous mode of the Opener and the Smart Lock battery status have been simplified. The device settings have been reordered. The pairing instructions have been refined.
  • Improve security
    In my opinion the possibility to unlatch a Smart Lock (or an Opener) directly from the Homey app user interface is dangerous; a single wrong tap can open the door when you are miles away from home! For now, I have hidden the unlatch command from the user interface. If there are no counter-observations, I will remove it completely in the future.
  • Resolve known issues
    The “Nuki Opener Ring Action” trigger flow card added to version 3.0.0 did not work correctly; furthermore, the Timestamp tag associated with this flow-card was difficult to use in practice.
    The problem has been solved and the tag has been removed and replaced by a new condition flow card: “Doorbell rang {less | more} than n seconds ago”.
1 Like

Hi,

Due to router issues, i had to change the fix IP adress of my Nuki,
How could i adapt my app configuration to reflect that change of nuki IP adress??

Hello Viking42,
You need the new IPv4 address assigned to your Nuki Bridge.
If you do not know the IP, you can find it using the Nuki smartphone app. Please, go to “Manager my devices” then select “Bridge” and follow the instructions.
In Homey app select the first Nuki device you wish to update and open its “Advanced Setting”. There you can update the IP address of the bridge. Please, repeat the procedure for each device paired with the Bridge.

1 Like

How can you open the door with Nuki Direct ?

I can only unlock and lock my door but cannot OPEN my door.

Hello Chris,

In the release notes of Nuki Direct v3.0.3 I wrote:

In my opinion the possibility to unlatch a Smart Lock (or an Opener) directly from the Homey app user interface is dangerous; a single wrong tap can open the door when you are miles away from home! For now, I have hidden the unlatch command from the user interface. If there are no counter-observations, I will remove it completely in the future.

None of the available UI components provided by Homey are suitable for such crucial and irreversible action.

Do you think it is preferable to have an “unlatch” command in Homey UI interface anyway?

Nevertheless, the unlatch action can be performed by any “Nuki action” action flow card.

1 Like

@Piero_F, I noticed the new Nuki beta firmware 2.8.3 also introduces the battery level of the keypad (needs Keypad Firmware 1.7.0 or higher). Do you own a keypad or do you need help integrating this into the app?

Nevertheless, the unlatch action can be performed by any “Nuki action” action flow card. ! This is the only thing I needed to know :wink:

For the rest I think if you put it as a TAP option you should have never used Homey nor Nuki :wink:

Nuki Action Card does not work it does not detect my device ?

Hello @Phuturist, Thank you for your help. I also noticed that the latest Nuki firmware introduces the battery alarm for the Keypad but I do not own a Keypad thus your help is much appreciated.
At the moment I’m not sure where the best place to put the new information is. Maybe a new Homey driver capability like “alarm_battery_keypad”? Do you have any suggestions?

Hello @ChrisBoer,
Sorry, there is a bug in the code of Nuki Direct v3.0.3 that prevents the execution of the action declared in the “Nuki action” flow card. I fixed the bug and I committed the fix to the “master” branch of the GitHub repository. If you need the fix quickly, you can download the code from the GitHub repository.
Anyway, within a week I will release a new version (containing the fix) that will be published on Homey Community Store.

Thanks @Piero_F I will wait for you update and test it right away.

If you need something tested upfront I can also do this for you.

So please let me know.

Had not really thought about it yet but I think a custom capability that is added to the lock when the batteryvalue of the keypad is detected in the responses might be the simplest approach. A seperate driver seems a bit overkill to me. But you are the maintainer of the app now so the choice is yours … :wink: . Let me know and I’ll look into it when I have time.