[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

@Vicky Have you provided the right ID’s, then it can be used in v4 after the update, concerning:

@johan_bendz, thanks for your swift reply…

For me to understand. When looking in Philips Hue ZigBee app I see version v.2.0.18.
You are taking about version 4.2 and firmware 5. Am I missing something? Or looking in the wrong place…?

Any clue when you’re changes are available for download?

Hi @Hansvdb, version 2.0.18 runs on Homey Firmware 4.2. There is also an experimental Homey Firmware 5 and the latest app version for this is now 2.0.24

As Atom is about to release Homey Firmware 5 to live “soon” I add support for new devices primarily to that version(s) of the app.

New version 2.0.24 (firmware 5)
New feature: Flow Card for Blink.

5 Likes

Thanks for your frequent updates, @johan_bendz!

As I see you are able to add certain behaviours as flow cards (i.e. Blink), I have to ask; is it possible to add some sort of dim behaviour that can be used with hold/release buttons on remotes;

One flow card to start dimming up/down and one flow card to stop the dim? (The Fibaro Dimmer 2 have these flow cards for instance.)

Or is the only way to achieve this by creating advanced flows with other apps such as Transitions?

Thanks again for your effort :slight_smile:

Hi, so my Play lightbar should already work in 4.2?

It is recognized as generic device with those values

Cheers

I think they work in V5, not in v4.2 yet:

Added to the firmware 5 version of the app. I’ll look inte adding it to the firmware 4.2 version soon.

1 Like

@johan_bendz Just bought 10 Hue Motion sensors to report motion and temperature in each room. I will connect directly to Homey using your Hue app as my Hue bridge is ‘full’ (50 devices). I just added the first motion sensor and it is routing via a nearby router device according to the developer page. But it only updated values once (including the motion alarm) and seem to be stuck (the motion alarm is still on). I can see that the device is responding to motion via the front light diode. But Homey is not updating values. I have tried to restart the app. I also just added a Hue dimmer switch and is works fine. What to do?
Running FM 4.2.0. Homey Pro (early 2019). Latest version of your app v2.0.18

To simplify my question after flowing some more, what would be ideal is simply a stop current dim flow card or similar :slight_smile:

Is this doable within the limits of Hue?

Hi @Nitramevo, not sure if I can fix your issues since it sounds like a Homey Zigbee problem. Please send a crash report from the Philips Hue Zigbee App and I will have a look at it.

Hi @johan_bendz,
I guess there went something wrong with the latest update version 2.0.25 (Experimentell).

I hope not, it’s for firmware 4.2

And what is the actual version for v5.x?

image image

Version 2.0.24 is the latest version for firmware 5. Once I have version 2.0.25 as stable for firmware 4.2 I will release a new 2.0.26 version for firmware 5. Anything special you wait for? :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m a little bit stupid, but there is no v2.0.24 available in the App Store. That’s the only thing what I want to say.

@johan_bendz Indeed normal store is right now on 2.0.18 and test store is on 2.0.25. And it seems 2.0.25 (test) can be installed on Homey 4.2, so I think there is no V5 version anymore.

1 Like

Thank you, @rvdeijk! I’m not stupid! :pray:t3::wink:

1 Like

Ah, yes… that’s correct. The only way to update 4.2 is to remove 5. Once Athom has accepted the new 4.2 version I can upload a new 5 version. Confusing… I know :joy:

2 Likes

Dont think you can connect it to homey directly.
But if you use the hue bridge you can control your lights using this remote AND using the hue bridge at the same time.
And the bridge connects to homey again:
So you have 3 ways to comtrol your lights:

1. Using the livingcolors remote
  2. Using homey
  3. Using the hue app

Works great!

Update to Homey 5 and they now work. Awesome job! Whole apps works smoothly so far on V5 so nice job there!

1 Like