[APP][Pro] Plugwise App by Plugwise [Adam, Anna, Smile P1] [v3.1.0]

And the max temperature is on par!

1 Like

Hi @TedTolboom

This question is more Plugwise / kettle orientated but I am sure you have an answer :wink:

In your App the the 'gewenste ketel temperatuur" is shown:

On my Remeha Tzerra and Calenta systems I have set the central heating water to 48 and 60 degrees (the shower water is 65 / 65). In the App these numbers are never met. If the CV is running I get 35 / 45 degrees.

What does the 'gewenste ketel temperatuur" represent, if it is not the value I have set the central heating water to?

Thanks!

@Eternity this shows the actual operational temperatures inside the CV.
Desired temperature is the temperature setpoint the CV is aiming for at that moment in time to reach in the supply temperature (aanvoertemperatuur).
In below example: my heatpump is operating at 100% modulation level with intended supply temperature of 35 degrees. Actual supply temperature is 34.7 degrees and return temperature is 28 degrees.

Which you can also check while logging in onto the Adam’s web interface (measurements > kettle):

Thanks @TedTolboom , it makes sense now :wink:

I understand you have combined your CV with a heatpump. Is it an Elga (Ace)? I am toying with the idea of adding an Elga Ace too. It also requires an update to my ADAM HA. So, modulation reflects the heatpump, not the boiler?

Hi @TedTolboom !

Great integration again, thanks and congrats!

My question is the same as @TKroon has, but I have Adam HA and other Plugwise goodies.

Schedule settings would be awesome to have in this app, since the best is when Adam works by shedules it knows. This is the most efficient way, so I have two shedules programmed in Adam:

• Usual, which sets termostats during the day by my needs
  • Away, wihich keeps all thermostats on 15 degrees celsius

I’d automate “Away” mode when I leave for long and automatically set back “Usual” mode when I get back but this way I can not do now.

Is it possible?

1 Like

@TKroon and @Fac3 I would need to investigate what is feasible within Plugwise’s API and possible within the Homey app.

Switching between in the Plugwise app defined schedules might be possible to implement; completely defining the schedules within the Homey app will be more complicated. Not sure if the latter fits your needs.

@Fac3 in v4.3.5 firmware of the Adam, Plugwise introduced “scenes for all zones” and “Actions for all zones” (not sure if that is the right word) that is pausing all schedules / putting all zones in holiday mode. Those scenes and actions are not yet implemented in the Homey app… this sounds similar to your needs described above. Or am I missing something?

It’s definitely enough to switch between schedules, defining them is not neccessary at all.

• 4.3.5??? Mine is 3.2.8 and says it’s up to date…
  • Implementation of scene control for zones or all zones is also would be important but not as much as schedule switching

The main advantage of Plugwise is it’s learning and predicitve behaviour. It learns how slow or fast the zones react to the heating beside different environmental conditions (inside and outside temperatures, wind direction and force, sun directions and actual cloudyness and so on) According to these data it switches earlier or later on or off zones, or even not switching on at all at some cirscumstances if it makes no sense.

This is the reason Adam needs to know exact scheduling to be prepared at the right time. For example at me “Usual” scheduling keeps two degrees celsius higher during the day compared to night time. The main goal, if the schedule says 21C from 21h, it will turn off a lot earlier, because floor heating will release heat for long after switching off. But switching off time is different if outside temp is 10C or -10C.

So when I leave my home for long, I need to manually switch between “Usual” and “Away” schedule. :slight_smile: And it happens a lot.

Agreed with @Fac3. I’d like to let Adam do most of the work and thinking, because it is more efficient. The only thing I do is switching between some temperatures, which I can set via schedules or modes (Home, Away, Vacation, etc).

Feature request @TedTolboom

Would it be possible to select the status indicator for a TOM valve. It now shows the setpoint (shows 20 degrees in the screenshot), but that can not be set to valve open % or actual temperature. That would be handy :slight_smile:

In Homeydash I can select the valve %

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-23 om 12.49.30

Unfortunately the current Homey apps SDK does not allow this.
Devices with the thermostat class will always show the temperature setpoint and the color is depending on the delta between actual temperature and setpoint.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the answer Ted!

1 Like

@TedTolboom
Would it be possible to set the valve position of a TOM with an action card? So, in a flow it would be possible to set the TOM to a x % position.

Use case. I have installed a TOM before the pump of my floor heating systeem. Adam switches the pump with a PLUG and opens the TOM. However, sometimes I see the it does not open to 100%.

@TedTolboom I had to include my Anna a couple of times to homey. I noticed that the check on ID when adding the device is case sensitive. The ID itself is lowercase, but my keyboard put itself to uppercase for every character. It took me way too long to notice this, causing the quite a lot of retries and error messages saying the ID is invalid.
I think that could also cause quite some frustrations for other people. Maybe this is something you could look at if you have some spare time (just a message when entering the ID could be sufficient)

I added a plug to the plugwise system.

Now that device does not show up in the homey.
I already restarted the plugwise app in homey.
What do i need to do to sync devices?

Homey’s guidelines do not allow to automatically add new devices, even if they are available. In certain cases users might even prefer to only add a subset of devices.

In order to add the plug, please use: add device > Plugwise > Plug

The app will then scan of new plug devices are available on the connected gateway.

Ah, i see. Done.

I also understand why: a “koen” valve for instance is a plug with thermal actuators for valves. It makes no sense steering that with homey. Steering them with both systems would f##up all logic.

By the way: i use a plug now to monitor the energy my small wind generators are producing :sunglasses:

Anyone else having issues with the Plugwise app being automatically paused?

FYI

I reached out to Athom with a request:

The Plugwise App is developed by Athom, so that is were I will direct my request to.

The Plugwise devise called ‘PLUG’ (the one that works with ADAM HA) is supported in the Athom App, and is fuctional in my setup. However, I use one PLUG to register the power my solar panels are generating. This is visible in the Plugwise App and shows as a negative figure (so, power is generated). In the Homey Plugwise App the negative figure is not shown. It stays zero.

Request: Allow the Plugwise PLUG to show negative power figures when a connected device does not use but generates power.

Thank you!

1 Like

No. Works fine here!

Without the power (negative) showing in Homey?!?!

1 Like