[APP][Pro] Plugwise App by Plugwise [Adam, Anna, Smile P1] [v3.1.0]

I can comfirm that a system with two ADAM HA can be implemented with the Homey Plugwise App.

In my case I have two ADAM’s, one to control a floor heating system (with two pumps, each having a Plugwise PLUG) and a second ADAM controlling a radiator setup with a bunch of TOM’s and LISA’s.

Implementing the second system was a hell… biggest problem turned out to be the fact that documentation online and on paper differs.

@TedTolboom
In the Homey App both ADAM can be added. After one selects the appropriate ADAM, the devices linked to that ADAM can be added to Homey. Excellent!

In my case I see that the PLUG report negative values:
Schermafbeelding 2020-12-16 om 15.18.16 from my solar panels. This was also something I wanted. Unfortunately, the negative values from the PLUG are not seen in Homey tags, only positive:

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-16 om 15.20.37

Also, it fails to show the amount of energy used (energie meter). That value remains empty

No big deal, just letting you know :slight_smile:

@Eternity Unfortunately no luck. I can see the modes when I go into the device, but I can’t switch them in a flow!
Screenshot_20201216-220123|243x500

Did you have any luck?

No, I don’t see them either @PaOel
I just made extra flows with my own temperature adjutments, skipping these Plugwise presets.

I think @TedTolboom is putting a lot of effort in the Aqara App.

Koen is always Connected to a Plug. There is no reason to support Koen, select the Plug connected to your floorheating, switch it on to enable the heating, off to close the valves.

To be honest, I use Adam to do the heating. It switches Plugs automatically. Homey is only change setpoints.

1 Like

Thanks @Menno_van_Eck
Yes, I understand the Plugwise system better now. I also only use Homey for setpoonts.

BTW
I gave old radiators. Some seem to not fully close. Even after kalibrating the valves. Does someone have similar issues?

It all depends. Will these radiators get warm or hot? In my situation this only happened under low battery conditions.

1 Like

One gets warm, another one gets hot. Both are mains powered.

I have seen that once before. I have attempted the 5ct solution (coin if 5ct between the actuator and the valve) but this didn’t work either. In that case the valve might not close sufficiently.

@TedTolboom

Now v5 is stable and Aqara App seems to work fine for most users, I was hoping you’d have some time to give some love to other Apps you develop :wink:

The PLUGs can measure power drawn and received. For that purpose I have a PLUG set to meassure two solar panels. Here you can see the result:

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-17 om 12.11.02

Unfortunately, Homey does not see these values. It would be great if that would be supported!

Another request is the temperature scale of LISA’s. The can be set from 0 to 99 degrees:

That is a bit out of the range my family members feel comfortable with ;-0
Could that scale be set to a more realistic lower and highest value?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Ted/other developers,

I would also like to set Anna’s schedule, instead of only a temperature. When I set Anna’s temperature with Homey, Anna starts heating to get the room to the temperature as fast as possible, while a schedule does it the most efficient way.

I’ve analyzed a winter day with my old Honeywell Round Modulation thermostat and Anna, and the Honeywell is heating all day with around 40-50% power, while Anna starts with 100%, and stays around that value until she stops. I contacted Plugwise, and they told me that this is the correct behaviour, since I set the temperature like an ad hoc setting. With the schedules the heating is way more efficient, as Anna uses a lot of variables to use as little energy as possible and not overshoot the set temperature.

So, is it possible to add the ability to set Anna’s schedules with Homey :slight_smile: ? If I can help with testing or anything, feel free to contact me! Thanks!

3 Likes

+1

Hi all, anyone (like me) having trouble with Plugwise Adam app after Upgrade to 6.0.0rc4
Sure it’s an rc release, that’s why I ask this.

Athom’s Plugwise App has been updated.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-05 om 15.13.28

Very helpful update notes… ::rofl:

After the 2.5.0 upgrade the app does not register changes made on/by Anna anymore.
The measured temp is not updated in Homey and settings made on Anna itself ar not synchronized with Homey anymore.

Does anyone knows why the latest release of the Plugwise APP keeps lowering the set temperature of the zone with at least 0,5 a degree?

So setting to 21 degrees becomes 20,5 after a few minutes.

Same happens with other temperatures

Wow that was fast. With Plugwise 2.6.1 the sync from Anna to Homey works again and lux is back :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Eternity, I had the same issue with battery powered Tom’s. Even sent some back to Plugwise when they did not seem to have sufficient power to close the valve. One or two were replaced, but after putting them on mains power I haven’t had these issues anymore.
What I did think about at that time was if it made sense to lower the pressure on the valve by changing the positions in the ‘Voetventiel’ in the ‘Onderblok’ but given your comment on having old radiators with probably no ‘Onderblok’ I’m affraid that might not be an option for you? :grimacing:

I totally agree! It would be really great if the scale maximum could be set by the user in the homey app or maybe per Lisa. That would give anyone a more precise and relaxed control.
My guess is that people needing over 30/40 degrees are more likely to use another type thermostat… probably for their saunas, botanical gardens or something, right?

@HanWassink
In the end I replaced the valves (ventielen). They were 30 years old. The new once work smoothly!

1 Like

Did you guys see the 2.7.0 update? Our prayers concerning the max range for the Plugwise zones have been answered :pray:t2: thank you Plugwise, Athom and probably @TedTolboom for making this happen!

2 Likes