[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

I can shut down tv but not Sart tv when it’s shut down.
Can someone help me out.

Does your TV support wake-on-lan / wake-on-wifi ?

Thx to get back to me.
I can’t find
I have Samsung ue55ju6445wxxn tv do you know if it’s support It.

Some JU-models do not support wake-on-lan / wake-on-wifi, so the app cannot turn the TV on.

Some users use a Chromecast, powered by an adapter (not TV USB), and can cast a webpage or something to turn the TV on. The TV must have enabled AnyNet+ / HDMI-CEC for this to work.

Thx for the quick response

1 Like

Cool, will give this a shot.

Is there any possibility to send/display notifications to the new Tizen (API V2) models? I have a Q8DN, and it would be great to get notifications directly on the Tv.

Hey, nice app.

It worked perfectly fine for me, but a few days ago something happened and I can no longer shut the tv off. It turns on, then the icon goes white for a few seconds but then goes gray and when I try to turn in off I get a message saying “Power on already…”

Am I missing something? I use smart things token, tv is securely connected and polling set to 10.

Edit: I actually just noticed that it wasn’t securely connected. Decided to delete it and reinstall everything. Now I can’t even turn it on. When I launch the app, it finds the tv but then it doest respond to anything. I can’t save secure connection for some reason, I get a pop up on tv asking if I should allow Homey access 3 times, I press allow on all 3 but then when I go back into settings its set to No again.

Edit2: I dont know what happened. I can now add TV to app and it works for like a minute but when I turn it on or off using app it stops working and gives me this error I scrennshotted above.
I made a report, in case dev wants to take a look: 39a6044c-00a2-4e00-ae6e-2f4929746b3b

Hi
I am new to Homey (got my globe today) an I am very happy reading, that I shall be able to control my TV via smarthome.
I already added my tv to homey (encrypted) and works so far fine except to points.
I need to set volume to a certain value (10) at night but can not find a flow card supporting the input of a value for volume, but only “volume up” and “volume down”. Not knowing the actual value I cannot use up and down.
Is there any way to set volume to a fixed value?

Second, I need help to switch on the device. Is that even possible?

My TV is a Samsung UE48H6600 (2014 or 2015)

Thank You for any help.

1 Like

Hi,

You can use the “Send list of keys” - flow.

First send a number of KEY_VOLDOWN to turn the volume down, e.g.:

KEY_VOLDOWN*20

Then turn the volume up 10 times:

KEY_VOLUP*10

I don’t think your H-model supports wake-on-lan / wake-on-wifi. If it supports HDMI_CEC / AnyNet+, you can use a Chromecast that is powered with a separate adapter (not USB from the TV), and cast something to turn the TV on.

Hi !

Thank You for Your quick reply!
This is creative idea, to push volume down to zero and set it on the requested value afterwards.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work as expected.
Both multiple sent keys are not repeated the requested value (20 down, 10 up), but stops after 2, 3 or 4 events.
It looks like the TV is not fast enough to set the sent keys. Possibly a delay after each sent key is necessary?

Regarding my other question You might be right that this model does not support WoL
It has Any Net support, but I don’t like workarounds, so I will better wait until it is time to replace the TV.

Thanks

Edit:
Power On works when key “Power On” is sent via flow.
Just the device button on device page only switches TV off but not on.

You can change the “Delay between keys” - setting in advanced settings for the app.

" Delay between keys

The delay in milliseconds between each key is sent, for the ‘Send list of keys’ - action.

Default is 100 ms.

If the value is too low, some or all of the commands might be ignored by the TV.

You have to tune this setting for your TV :slight_smile:

(and there’s more documentation on top of this page)

Thank You very much balmli! This works fine.
A little bit annoying, as it takes some time to get the requested volume set, but it is the best out of what Samsung supports.
Keep up the good work!

Sorry for bothering You with questions which may be lready answered , but for a Newbie there is so much to read .

1 Like

Hi,

I am interested in developing an app for smart and/or android TV and take it as far as publishing it onto the content store of the tv.

I am hoping to secure funding for this and would like to get an idea of the cost involved.

I noticed that you developed an app for Samsung TV to switch tv on/off.

Have you developed other APIs for other TV types?

I would like to develop the following app which is slightly similar to your but I am not technical.

I came across your app on this forum.

The app I need in its simplest version is to do the following:

1. Switch the TV on at a predefined time set by the user and set the volume to a predefined level set by the user (if not, set to a default level).

2. Display a video content stored to cloud (from a default list provided by the app).

Did you develop your app for Samsung App store?

Thanks.

@balmli

I get the following response from http://192.168.68.64:8001/api/v2/

{
  "id": "uuid:9c21e5b5-07d4-4629-8d30-7c5d4b5c4cde",
  "name": "[TV] Slaapkamer 1",
  "version": "2.0.25",
  "device": {
    "type": "Samsung SmartTV",
    "duid": "uuid:9c21e5b5-07d4-4629-8d30-7c5d4b5c4cde",
    "model": "15_HAWKM_2D",
    "modelName": "UE43J5500",
    "description": "Samsung DTV RCR",
    "networkType": "wireless",
    "ssid": "00:00:00:00:78:47",
    "ip": "192.168.68.64",
    "firmwareVersion": "Unknown",
    "name": "[TV] Slaapkamer 1",
    "id": "uuid:9c21e5b5-07d4-4629-8d30-7c5d4b5c4cde",
    "udn": "uuid:9c21e5b5-07d4-4629-8d30-7c5d4b5c4cde",
    "resolution": "1920x1080",
    "countryCode": "NL",
    "msfVersion": "2.0.25",
    "smartHubAgreement": "true",
    "wifiMac": "F8:77:B8:87:C1:40",
    "developerMode": "0",
    "developerIP": ""
  },
  "type": "Samsung SmartTV",
  "uri": "http://192.168.68.64:8001/api/v2/"
}

So here is the problem. If I connect Homey using the encrypted way the tv shows the 4 digit pin. If I enter this in the app the tv gets connected and I am able to control it, except using wake on wifi.

Now I remembered something from a few months ago. When I installed the Smartthings app on my phone and I added the tv, before a pin was shown on the tv, the tv first asked me if I wanted to allow my S9 phone something. See the picture below:

After I allowed it the tv showed me the pin and I was able to control the tv with the Smartthings app, except turning it ON with the app. Strangly if I used the Wake on Lan Android app on my phone I CAN wake the tv. So Wake on Wifi does work.

Then I took a look at the devices that were allowed to connect to the tv from the tv menu. And here I saw my S9 was allowed to connect and use the service “quick connect”. See the picture below. My phone or any other device gets listed on the tv only if you allow the service like the picture above shows. Now if I would click on Deny, I still get to enter a pin and I am able to control the tv, except… wake on wifi. If I connect the phone again and click allow and then enter the pin, wake on wifi works through the android app on my S9.

I wanted to make sure that there is a differcence on how Homey connects and how my S9 or Samsung tablet connect. So I removed my S9 from the list on my Samsung tv and tried to wake it with the Android app, but no luck. Then I connected my S9 through the Smartthings app and again before showing the pin, it asked something to allow. When I allowed it it shows the pin. The difference with Homey and the S9 or my tablet is, is that the S9 or my tablet gets a listing in the tv memory granting access to use the “quick connect” service, like in the second photo.
Homey is not in the list, nor did I get a message on the tv to allow or denny Homey something.

So wake on wifi does work, but for this I need to allow the phone to use a service on the tv and even then wake on wifi only works with an android app.

Hope you can make something out of this.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Dennis

Edit:
Now I do see (i think it is Homey) a device in the list on the tv richt after I added Homey with a Pin, only the service it uses is not “quick connect”, but “play mobile content on tv”.

Hope this helps to solve the puzzel.

Hello,

I have add my TV as Samsung Encrypted, and give the Code, on my TV was Notify “Is Connected”.

i can only “power off” ?

{
“id”: “068e7781-006e-1000-bbbf-90f1aaca799f”,
“name”: “[TV]Samsung LED40”,
“version”: “2.0.24”,
“device”: {
“type”: “Samsung SmartTV”,
“duid”: “068e7781-006e-1000-bbbf-90f1aaca799f”,
“model”: “14_X14”,
“modelName”: “UE40H6200”,
“description”: “Samsung TV RCR”,
“networkType”: “wireless”,
“ssid”: “Ultra-Net”,
“ip”: “192.168.178.27”,
“firmwareVersion”: “Unknown”,
“name”: “[TV]Samsung LED40”,
“id”: “068e7781-006e-1000-bbbf-90f1aaca799f”,
“udn”: “068e7781-006e-1000-bbbf-90f1aaca799f”,
“resolution”: “1920x1080”,
“countryCode”: “DE”,
“msfVersion”: “2.0.24”,
“smartHubAgreement”: “true”,
“developerMode”: “0”,
“developerIP”: “0.0.0.0”
},
“type”: “Samsung SmartTV”,
“uri”: “http://192.168.178.27:8001/api/v2/
}

Greet Sven

@balmi, did you manage to find a solution for Azid with his diagnostic report…
I have exactly the same problem. I can control basic functionality with the app, but when using the launch app option in a a flow, the lists stays empty… Also for a frame 2020 model.

1 Like

I have also the same problem on my tv. The samsung q95 2020 model the basics work. But i don’t get the app list.

@Tomm @Rik_Van_der_Knaap

I will add a static list of apps that will be used if loading the dynamic list from the TV fails.

Thank you very much! When do you think i can recieve the update

I will try to have it ready this week.

1 Like