[App][Pro] Satel Integra alarmsystem integration

Finally found some time to test today: version 2.1.0 did not seem to fix the issue but, running from cli it worked. After a reinstall the “normal” app worked too :thinking:

Trying to reproduce the issue I found the following: after saving the settings it takes a couple of seconds before the app connects to the alarm … when you press read before it has connected it fails (and subsequent tries now fail too). Also if you wait too long the app/alarm disconnects (25 seconds, idle time-out?), the app reconnects after 5 seconds but I was no longer able to read. So it seems that after a first failed try to read all subsequent tries will fail too.

For now I am able to consistently get the app to work by doing a reinstall, configure and save settings, wait 5 seconds and then click read.

Great to here :slight_smile: , As workarround just wait 5 sec before hitting the read button…
Let me check if i can improve the code for this.

The 25sec timeout comes from the satelpanel when no data received.
Thanks for testing.

HI Steven,

According to protocol discription : ETHM-1 v1.07 2015-03-02 / ETHM-1 Plus v2.05 2018-01-11
It should work :slight_smile:

But the connection you make with dload (in previous post) isn’t a direct connection to the IP of the system.

Can you check the following (in dutch)

• open dloadx and make connection to the panel
  • Go to Data – Systeem en Hardware Structuur
  • choose TAB Hardware en find your ETHM1-Plus module

Check IP-adres and if integratie is is turned on. see screenshot.
If these settings are there you should be able to connect with my app.

Hi Mickel,

Have now reprogrammed the ETHM-1 Plus module so that it no longer communicates through the Satel server and can therefore be reached through the internal network.

Then I was able to link Homey with your App :slight_smile:
However, is there also a possibility to have this go through the Satel Server?
Now I no longer have Push notifications, and use this for my doorbell and burglar alarm etc.

Hi Steven, great to here, NO as far as i know it is not possible thru the Satel Server.
But if you have the app running, you can do the push notification thru homey :slightly_smiling_face:
Just create some flows … on the zone for your doorbell, and on the partiotion part there is the burglar alarm

Did some more improvement on the pollers on the socket and the reading proces.
See V2.3.0 https://homey.app/a/com.satelintegra/test/ in test now.

Please comment back if this version working OK (or not)

Hi Mickel,

Have now connected Homey with the ETHM-1 Plus module and given a fixed IP address in the router.
As a detour, I turned the Satel Server option back on in DloudX after the integration with Homey and both systems work :slight_smile:

Only I could not add all outputs and zones in Homey and then I installed your latest test version and after that I could add all zones and outputs :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So until now your latest version is good

Great to here, happy playing with it. :grinning:

I just tested with another user with a 64plus panel and ethm1plus module and also satel server and this is also working.

1 minor bug (also in latest version) is that the reading of the zones, outputs, partition is not 100% proof.
Workarround is to add the devices that are there and do antoher read panel from the settings.

Thinking which solution is best for this…

1 Like

Hi
I have Versa

is your app compatible with Versa?

What settings need to be made in the alarmsystem application?

HI, i do not know if the versa panel is compatible with my app…
Just try…
If a read the documentation of the ETHM-1 Plus module open intergration is possible and also the versa is programmed with the DLOADX software.
Look at my first post what to set in the DLOADX for the intergration.
Let me know if it works or not.

1 Like

Cool, great app! Thanks for all the work

In DloadX it is also possible to read the temperature values of the wireless motion sensors, do you is it posssible to add these values in Homey?

Thanks, It is possible to read out the temparature of a zone and create a device card, but i do not have these motion sensors, so there is no way i can test it properly…

Also there will be other challenges in the code , as in how to see wich sensor has temperature and wich not.

Didn’t check for a while, still had my satel integra 64 plus via domoticz, but finally an app for homey!

At first all the time it said all sensors added, but when trying to add a device it just said no devices found, but after a few more tries it suddenly took a lot longer to add the devices, and now everything works! Thanks a lot for this app!! Only small note that I have is maybe not to already select all devices when adding, now I have to deselect a lot of sensor before adding them (eg when selecting sensors, everything is selected by default, also motion, fire, output etc), but that’s just a minor thing.
Would also be nice to know in what mode the alarm is, and also to be able to put the alarm in a certain mode instead of just on or off. (eg home/away)

Hello all,

When I searched for a professional alarm system compatible with homey, Satel seems like to only ‘real’ option. So many thanks in advance for developping and maintaining this app.

At this moment, I have and old alarm system with window/door magnetic contacts (build in with wire), 2 pincode panels, indoor and outdoor siren and a central with phone module that places a call to us in case of alarm.

I would like to upgrade this old system, and ofcourse make it Homey connectable… while keeping the old magnetic sensors (those things are rock solid, why change?)
So my question is: Does anyone did a similar operation, renovating the old alarm system, and is SATEL compatible with old 2-wire magnetic contacs? (while all other components can be changed to Satel products)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

@johnk, main question is of the door/windows magnetic sensors has a build in resitor?
If YES you need to measure how many Ohms there is when door/window is closed and open.
Contact a satel dealer and ask him the question if your windows/door sensors going to work on a satel system with the meassured value’s!

I know from the past that a satel system can work with different values of resistors and the inputs can be configured for different configurations , see screenshot in dutch :slight_smile:

if you dutch take a look at topic Magneet contact met 1k weerstand opnemen in homey

Bedankt Mickel :wink: I’ll do some reading…
There is a magnetic sensor at the garage door. That one is visible and might contain some info too.

And next is the search for a good Satel installer in Flanders, Belgium…

Hey,

I have applied a new Wifi router and now I can’t get the Integra app to work anymore. The ETHM-1 has been given a fixed IP address in the router and it has also been adjusted in the app. The app can now also no longer read the panel type. I also updated the ETHM-1 firmware a few weeks ago, could it have something to do with this?

Hi,. Looks like this is not app related!
First some basic checks?

Did the app works after the firmware upgrade?

Is the satel reachable by ping on the reserved ip-address?
If yes,. Can you make a connection with dloadx?

Is homey working on wifi in the same networks as DLoadx.

Did you already reinstaledl the app?

Make sure only 1 connection is made to the satel integration port (default 7094).

If above all not working restart the complete app,. Wait 2 minutes and send me a diagnostic.report

Hi,

Did all basic checks but had no effect.
After some more searching, the problem turned out to be in the IP filter of the ETHM-1 PLUS, when I adjusted it again everything worked again :slight_smile:

What I did notice between all the trying is that the percentage bar always goes to 100% and the app gives a message that the readout was successful and the components can be added via devices.
However, this is not the case because the panel type is not indicated, it also did not matter which IP address I used. Only when applying an incorrect port number did an error occur.

However, thank you for your quick response and developing this great app.

Greetings,

Steven

Great its working,. Donation is always welcome :slight_smile:

The percentage bar is only there for users to wait until the readprocess in the background is done,. For very big systems this can take a while.
But its should only trigger when the paneltype is OK.
This is a minor bug , when i do a next update i will fix this.