[APP][Pro] SMA Solar devices

Depends what you want to do.
As Emil mentioned you can access the values in a flow using for instance a Logic card as both conditions and actions.

hi, i would like to know per day how much each string provide
do you have an idea how I can read that out?

This is not supported in the app today. I could potentially imagine adding a setting if you want to see Watt and Volt per MPP or per String. But it is a massive effort going through the modbus documentation for all SMA inverters to find out which models support what number of strings, and verifying that the modbus registers are the same (or not). Iā€™ll sleep on this a little :wink:

1 Like

Hi

As of today I get a error towards PVOutput.org
2021-03-02T10:07:26.424Z
Error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established

Has anything changed in the API? I couldnā€™t see any notification about issues on their site.

BR
Martin

Just checked my pvoutput and it is working. I have data uptodate.
My last error in the advanced settings is a timeout on the 12th of February.
Donā€™t know if anyone else also has issues? Did you try the usual restart of the app to see if that solved the problem?

Also no problems here :wink:

Ahh. Itā€™s too embarrassingā€¦ sorry :disappointed:

I started to think my Homey was giving up on me as several apps didnā€™t work. Now I find that somehow Iā€™ve inactivated the device in my google wifi settings. So only local units connected to the Homey worked. Saw that I didnā€™t have a connection to Athom Cloud which made me start investigating the network settings.

Thanks anyway :+1:t2:

1 Like

Love this app.
Installation went very smooth after the activation of TCP in the SMA control panel.

The only thing I donā€™t seem to have found is if power is expressed in Watt or Kilowatt?

Iā€™ve just purchased my Homey and want to add a flow saying: if my panels are creating more than 1000 watt then ā€¦

Should I write 1000 or 1.0?

1 Like

It is in watts :+1:

1 Like

out of curiosity, will this app work with Solaredge?
Solaredge inverters can also send Modbus data in the Sunspec protocol over TCP, is this the same?

There is a different plugin for Solaredge: Zonnepanelen | Homey

Yes, but that uses the official cloud API, which updates every 15 minutes.
With modbus you can have updates every few seconds, so you can ā€˜steerā€™ your power consumption according your solar production

1 Like

No clue Iā€™m afraid if any of this code would work on Solaredge. I guess the foundation of the app would work, like the modbus communication and structure for supporting different inverters which require the use of different modbus registry addresses. But since SMA isnā€™t using these modbus registry addresses consistently across their product families I would be surprised if it would work across to a different brand.

Ok thanks,

I managed to use an old version of your app to develop a Solaredge app.
The protocol is a bit different and somehow more complicated, but I will soon release a test version.

I hope that you allow me to use your app as a startpoint.

Hello, i have a Sunny Tripower inverter (STP5.0-3AV-40). Everything works perfect with the app, but the only information which is not updated is OPERATIONAL STATUS. It says: Information not available.
Is this parameter unsupported for this inverter?

Hi!

This should be supported.
Information not available is a status the inverter can return.

If you log in to the inverter using sunny explorer and check the ā€œInstantaneous valuesā€ tab, what does it state as ā€œGeneral operating statusā€?

Hi, here is a screenshot with the fields from Sunny Explorer. And displayed in Homey.

Thanks, problem identified (I think). Missing statuses and a too wide condition for filtering out non desired 0 statuses.
It will be fixed in the next release

2 Likes

OK!
if i can help you with any other information just let me know!

Solved after receiving the update tot version 2.2.0 and doing a restart of the app!