[App][Pro]Soma Connect App (Release 2.0.1)

New test version is in the store now.

Again an improvement (but not the final one): no exclamation marks anymore! Closing or opening the Soma tilt causes an error.
Log says http://192.168.2.12/set_shade_position/f2:26:02:xx:xx:xx/100 instead of http://192.168.2.12/set_shade_position?mac=“MAC”&pos=“position” (pos with value between 0 and 100).

I also see a command http://192.168.2.12/set_shade_position/f2:26:02:xx:xx:xx/100?close_upwards=1, but I doubt (according the api manual) if the USB connector still supports close_upwards parameter. The closing direction is part of the Tilt setup of a specific device in the Smart Shades (Soma) phone app.

Edit: the battery level is for all 3 devices 100%, which is not the case according the phone app. I think battery_level is used instead of battery_percentage from the Json file:
{“result”:“success”,“version”:“3.0.9”,“mac”:“ca:18:e8:xx:xx:xx”,“battery_level”:3642,“battery_percentage”:7}

I will take a look when I my daughter comes of the PC. I have to let her have a go occasionally.

New test version in the store.

It is working! Thank you for all your hard work!

Some minor improvents could be made on a rainy sunday (which is not that hard to find in Northern Europe at the moment):

• IF “position changed” is not executed in advanced flow
  • no difference in noise and speed between normal mode en quiet mode in advanced flow
  • 20% en 80% result in the same opening of the tilt mechanism, and 0 and 100% and so on. So open is 50% and close is 0 or 100% (in the same direction, in my case downwards). This perhaps has some to do with the lack of the close_upwards parameter in the new connector api. Using the phone app, it is possible to close the shades upwards and downwards

I will contact Soma to see if they can shed any light on the direction.

I have published another test version. This puts the direction and silent option back into the position command but in the new format. If it doesn’t work I will roll back the change.

Nice and again an improvement! On version 2.0.7 Test now the directions work as expected with upwards and downwards between 0 and 100%.
Setting the tilt device to a speed lower than 100%: I can not hear or see any difference; the normal speed and the quiet mode work on the same lower speed. That works for me.

Please don’t roll back.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it is now possible to update the app with the devices IP manually.

But I the app still said the device is unavailable (repair has no effect) and the log is also empty by default.

After altering the polling value an item shows with in the log - but its hitting the wrong (old) IP address.

Restarted the app, and the log was updated , devices showing - but still on occupation get a disconnected error.

Ill keep an eye on it, but its great to have this blind managed by homey again, thanks

@Adrian_Rockall My Connect U1 is constantly rebooting. After a lot of checks and tests I figured out, that after deactivation of the Soma Connect App (v2.0.7 on Homey 2023) no reboots happen anymore.

Reboot cycle:

• green LED on Connect U1 for about 4 minutes
  • blue LED for 30 seconds (seems to be the BLE communication)
  • red LED for 10 seconds
    Than the cycle starts again.

This causes that my Tilt 2 devices won’t open or close several times a week, because during the reboot cycle (blue en red LED) the devices won’t respond. During green LED all 3 tilt device work fine.

Already tested/checked:

• My polling interval of the app is 3600 seconds (max. value)
  • the Connect U1 distance to Homey and tilt devices is a few meters
  • remove and add again the Connect U1 in Smart Shade app.
  • latest firmware of U1
  • deactivate/activate and restart Soma app on Homey.
  • restart Homey

What can I do to prevent this reboot every several minutes all the time with an activated Soma Connect App?

PS:
I see there is a 5 minute interval for Refreshing Light Level Values. I do not use the solar panels with the light level possibility. When I look at the duration of the reboot cycle: this could be a total of 5 minutes.

* 2024-02-22T13:28:08.631Z
*** Refreshing Light Level Values ***

* 2024-02-22T13:28:08.633Z
* Get from: http://192.168.2.21/get_light_level?mac=f2:26:02:xx:xx:xx

* 2024-02-22T13:28:09.070Z
* Zonwering 3: Light Level = 0

* 2024-02-22T13:28:09.074Z
* Get from: http://192.168.2.21/get_light_level?mac=ca:18:e8:xx:xx:xx

* 2024-02-22T13:28:09.162Z
* Zonwering 1: Light Level = 0

* 2024-02-22T13:28:09.165Z
* Get from: http://192.168.2.21/get_light_level?mac=ed:4d:1b:xx:xx:xx

* 2024-02-22T13:28:09.444Z
* Zonwering 2: Light Level = 0

* 2024-02-22T13:28:09.447Z
* *** Refreshing Light Level Finished ***

PS2:
The Soma Help center site says:
/get_light_level/“MAC” : This endpoint returns the current solar panel light level from the device. SOMA Connect makes a connection to the Smart Shades device to get the light level - do not overuse it / poll it too often or do not poll it on many devices at the same time.

Nobody using Soma Connect U1 nor having this each 5 minutes reboot?

I don’t have the U1, so I can’t test it. Have you reported it to Soma?
I will add an option to disable the light polling so you can check if that helps.

I have asked Soma. They asked if I have een connection between U1 and a home automation system. Than I tested the reboot; when in the Homey Soma app the log tells about the light level, the U1 reboots every 5 minutes.
I would like to test your changes. Thank you in advance.

I have just published a test version of the app with the option to disable light polling in the device settings.

That’s the solution! No 5 minutes reboots anymore.
Thank you for your work and time.

1 Like

Hi hoping to get some help. This is not working all of a sudden with the following:
Starting app

• 2024-05-10T01:51:13.452Z

• ************** Soma Connect app has initialised. ***************

• 2024-05-10T01:51:18.545Z

• Kitchen onCapabilityPosition Error: No response from Hub. Check the IP address is correct and the Hub is powered on

• 2024-05-10T01:51:18.553Z

• Living Room onCapabilityPosition Error: No response from Hub. Check the IP address is correct and the Hub is powered on

• 2024-05-10T01:51:18.567Z

• Error: socket hang up

• 2024-05-10T01:51:18.578Z

• Error: socket hang up

I am still able to see the blinds on my phone through the soma connect app and can also see the raspberry pi. All info is the same and has not changed. Tried restarted to no avail

Did you restart the hub?
Have you checked the IP address of the hub to make sure it hasn’t changed?

The Soma phone app connects directly to the motors via BLE.

Yes I did. Nothing has changed…

Have you tried restarting Homey?
Have you tried rebooting your WiFi system?

If you have a computer, can you ping the hub to see if it responds?

Basically, the errors show there’s an issue communicating with the hub.