[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

Hi Adrian, I installed the test version and I could connect al my devices, that’s great.
The sunscreen works perfect (not yet tested in a flow), but the heaters gave an error message.

Hmm, yes, something does not look right with the command in the log. I don’t think the ‘on’ command needs any parameters so I will investigate this evening.

Hello again,
This time it worked for 6 days.
When I try to send the log I also get an error.

Hmm, interesting that the messages in the log appear to be timeouts and you get an error when trying to send the log. My first guess based on that is that Homey is having internet issues. As you are connecting to Homey via the phone your LAN must be working but possibly not the external internet or at least the DNS is not working.

What do you see if you go to Homey Developer Tools

After my last message I restarted Homey and now it is working again. Sent you a log but no issues right now.
Ill check the developer tool next time it stops working. Could be another issue as you wrote.

Also, when I hade the issues earlier today no devices had red triangle with exclamation. Last week I think it was there so maybe the problems today are not the same kind I had earlier.

Hello again,
It seems to not be related to the Somfy app as you suspected.
It stopped working again and then I could see that Homey was not connected to the Athom cloud. It is very strange because my network works just fine. Only Homey are having issues. I think I need to contact Athom. I recently switched from Homey to Homey Pro, could be something wrong with the unit.
If I restart Homey it connects to the cloud. Headache :smiley:

I hope you can get it sorted out easily.
I have heard that Homey can have problems if you have both 2 4 and 5 G on the same SSID.
I have mine split so I can ensure things don’t get confused.

Congrats on your 3-year Homey forum membership :cake: :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
I can’t get the homey app working with my good working Tahoma Switch. Just found out that there is a Tahoma and a Tahoma Swich which is presented as the successor for Tahoma. The problem is that my credentials that I use to login to the Somfy website and used by my Somfy Tahoma app is not letting me logging in into tahomalink for the Homey app.

Is there a solution for this, besides start looking for an older Tahoma version?

I have heard of other people with the Tahoma Switch using the app so I’m not sure why it’s not working for you.
Could you enable the log in the Configure App screen (blue tick) and then try. After trying to connect send me the log.

The weirdest thing just happened.
I have being trying to get this to work since last Friday. I read somewhere that uninstalling the somfy Tahoma app, create new credentials, install the app again these with new credentials could help to get logged in into tahomalink.
Tried it, but no, this is not working,. Still cant log in into tahomalink. I get a wrong credentials error.

Then I insert these “wrong” credentials in to configuration page of thr homey somfy app, now the credentials are accepted. I selected Default (www.tahomalink.com) in the configuration.
And still are not able to log into tahomalink.com.
Can it be any weirder?!?

Important for me is that it works now.
I just send you the log.
Maybe you can make any sense of this.
Thanks for your response!

I am pleased it is working now.
I think tahomalink.com is always used for the API access, even when it is not your standard login.
I added the alternative address a few years ago as some users had issue but I think the problem turned out to be the log in method as Somfy were switching to a more secure protocol (that is now supported by the app).

I didn’t try the alternative addresses because I thought that it also shouldn’t work because I am not able login to tahomalink.
If I login to the webversion of Somfy, I can see a list of my coupled devices. There is one device, Tahoma. The image of the device is the old Tahoma, not the switch. On the right site of the image is shown that I have a Tahoma Switch. Also the is a link available to open the Tamoma. This link opens tahomalink website login. I can’t login, so can’t open Tahoma.
Weird things are happening. Maybe the switch is that new, that Somfy has not update everything for the switch yet. Only the API access is updated.

Most important, homey app is working!

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Rockall

First a big thank you for the App and your effort!

I have a question about a “status” of my Velux Windows.

In the device screen, I have this;

What does that mean? Normally I see flow history here.

And as flow cards I see the english options:

What do these do?

The Lock State is information from Tahoma that is set to a condition that would prevent the cover from moving. For example, a canopy might have a wind sensor connected that prevents the canopy from opening if the wind is to strong, or a window might have a rain sensor that prevents it from opening if it’s raining. I don’t know the full range of messages as that depends on the device and the app will just show the message that is received.
“The lock state changed” flow trigger will be activated if the lock status message changes. I think it includes a tag that contains the message, but I don’t have the code or a device with that feature to check that.

The “A command completed” trigger is fired when the Homey app receives the command finished status from Tahoma. So, when you move the cover, Homey sends the command to Tahoma and then continues about it’s business. Meanwhile the cover moves, which could take tens of seconds to complete. Once it has reached it’s destination it informs Tahoma (provided it is an IO device). Then Tahoma sends the command complete status update which Homey receives when it next polls for events and it fires the trigger card.

Thanks Adrian!

I have created a flow to place a notification on my time line when a lock state of the Velux has changed.

BTW, I have a Connexoon box. Never use that App (but the Velux remotes and Homey). I saw that a f/w update is available and that I somehow can’t access the settings menu in that App. Guess I shouldn’t fix anything as all seems to be working nicely. Strange error though!

Hi @Adrian_Rockall , thx for your very useful app!
I have 4 Velux windows which can be pilot by Io and thus through your app.
These Velux are all linked to “Velux active” (by netatmo).

Is there a way to use all the functionalities of Velux active in Homey, using your app?
Actually the main point which interest me is the possibility to lock down all Velux, stopping the automation of Velux active, so that my velux stop to open and close on their own (that’s better when you leave your home!).

Thx in advance

I haven’t come across Velux Active before so I’m not sure how that fits into the system.

I haven’t seen any way to lock a device through the Tahoma API so not sure you can block Velux Active but maybe you could have a flow that closes the windows when you are away. Then have a flow for each window, that is triggered by the state change card, that runs the ‘close when not home’ flow.
I have no way to test that so it’s just a thought.

Thx for answering!
Your idea could work though that’s maybe not ideal for the velux, making them opening and closing 1 second later… I will test

Another idea I have is to plug a fibaro relay to the button which is used to lock/unlock velux active. I suppose if I weld correctly the wire, the relay could trigger the velux active button

Does Velux Active show up in Tahoma?
If it does then you could send me the device log and I will see if it has any commands I can use.