[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Hello,

Could you tell me if it is possible to integrate fibaro intercom into your homey application?

I got an error message when I add the camera manually

cordially

I canā€™t see any mention in the specification that the camera supports the ONVIF protocol. Are you sure you think it does?

I couldnā€™t find the information. how can I control it via HOMEY if it is not compatible with the ONVIF protocol? I tried with virtual IP camera but got a ā€œsocket hang upā€ error message.

Unfortunately I canā€™t see an app that supports it so probably not possible to add it to Homey.
Athom makes the Fibaro app but that is only for the zwave devices.
Maybe someone else has an idea?

Hi Adrian,

I am having an issue with the app. When I try to add a camera (that was added before), I get this message:

Is there a solution for this?

Thank in advance.

EDIT:
Homey Pro: v1.6-rc.1
Homey App: 6.9.3.827
ONVIF App: v2.0.0
Camera: Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A

Thanks for reporting the issue. I can recreate it so I will post an update ASAP.

1 Like

There is a new test version in the store.

1 Like

Great!! It is working again.
Thank you for the fast response.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
I just discovered this (translated actioncard: (ā€œupdate motion snapshotā€):

Homey Pro v7.1.6
Onvif v2.0.0 & v2.0.1
It occors with both my completely different cams.
I removed and added the actioncard again, but the error still occurs.
If you need any info or testing, just let me know.
And, no hurries!

Tia, Peter

Thanks for letting me know, I will investigate it today.

1 Like

Just a quick update. My Hikvision camera looks to be running smoothly :+1::+1::+1:.

Yep , was definitely due to the Proā€™s crappy Wifi.

Ive now got it zoned off on a 2.4Gz guest network on my router. I still get crap latency figures but it doesnā€™t seem to be loosing packets which I think what was originally tripping up ONVIF ā€¦

Iā€™m also really happy it can now finally work with Human Detectionā€¦ :grin:

Without human detection having a security camera is pretty much useless if you ask me other than providing evidence to the police ā€œafterā€ youā€™ve been robbed ā€¦ lol

Motion detection is about as useful as a hammer made of paper ā€¦ After the 100th moth flys past the camera you just end up turning it off in the end ā€¦

Human detection is what itā€™s all about ā€¦

1 Like

Just curious , how are you finding the Human detection performance of your HikVision camera ?

Have you also had a chance to fool around Google Tensor Flow yet and itā€™s ability to define human beings plus a ton of other things such particular animals and vehicles just by monitoring low bandwidth , low res RTSP video streamā€™s .

Ive only just started playing around with itā€¦ Looks awesomeā€¦

Sorry it took so long but I have published a new test version that fixes the action card issue.
As part of the SDK3 update I moved all the flow registrations from the driver into a function in the app, but I forgot to call the new function from the app initialisation function.

Human detection on my HikVision camera is rubbish, even pigeons trigger it. I emailed their support several weeks ago about but Iā€™ve not had any response.

I hadnā€™t heard of Google Tensor Flow before so I will look into that at some point.

Hi Adrian, thanks for the quick fix, I tested it and it works as expected now. I understand while rewriting the app stuff gets forgotten or mixed up! No problemo and thanks again for the neat app!
Cheers

Are you using a Gen1 model. ? I havenā€™t used those personally. Iā€™ve got a Gen2. Iā€™ve found the detection works extremely well on themā€¦ Originally I had super rare false detections. Maybe one every three months or so but Ive since found going from full scene monitoring to line detection style monitoring thatā€™s cut it down to zeroā€¦

FYIā€¦ Hereā€™s a good demo of what Tensorflow can do. I have a version of it running on my new Home Assistant setup ā€¦Itā€™s works best though when used with an add-on AI hardware accelerator ā€¦

Can basically give any camera with RTSP output (even cheap Chinese crap) super duper Human and object detection capabilities.

1 Like

Just a quick note.

If your able to display that video on a large screen TV it will help a lot to see what the system has identified for each object.

Itā€™s not 100% perfect, but is truely remarkable and a massive next step in security cameraā€™s if you ask me.

For a simple controlled environment and a typical security camera setup it will probably be 99% effectiveā€¦

1 Like

It looks pretty cool.

Hi Adrian,

FYI, the memory usage has more than doubled since nov. 12th on my Pro 512MB. It seems to occur after installing Onvif v2.0.1
Is this as expected? It is now the only app above 19.5MB

Cheers, Peter

Iā€™ll have the same