[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

I have published another test version. This has a couple of fixes plus more diagnostics.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to select any channels again, just blank white screen during that step.

Log ID: 2020-08-09T11:34:35.562Z
App version 1.0.1

Thanks for the logs. I have just spotted a stupid error where I moved some code about and forgot to change the name of a variable. I will publish a new version within the next 30 minutes.

The new version is ready. Fingers crossed it works this time.

It worked!
I was able to choose my channels during setup and now have 4 saparate cameras for each of them in homey ui.

I’m gonna test a bit and see how it behaves with motion events and such and will report later today.

Log ID: 2020-08-09T12:22:30.198Z
App version 1.0.2

1 Like

Looking at the logs, I think I might still have some work to do with the events. I can see it is creating an event request for each camera but as there is just one controller subsequent request will probably overwrite the previous one. As each one includes the unique name then I think only the last one will be active. On top of that the search fo a device will probably fail as the new registered information will be different to the parameter I check in the camera.

So I somehow need to combine all the event setup requests for the same IP into one request to the controller, using a common ID, so the event system can choose which channel the message relates to from the data withing the message.

It will be interesting to see what currently comes back when motion is triggered on each of the cameras so could you send the logs of that please.

I enabled motion sensors on all 4 channels and tried to go trigger all 4 of them, but I can’t seem to get any reaction from them. In the UI I get no indication of motion sensors being enabled.
I send log in the app.

uuid:52192fba-b9cb-dc33-64df-496a4a4cb9cb

That’s kind of what I expected after seeing the previous log but it’s good to have my suspicions confirmed. I am looking int the problem now trying to decide how to overcome it. I will let you know when there is an update.

Ok, another test version is ready. let me know how it goes.

Tried to trigger all 4 channels for motion again. I get no motion feed back as far as I can see.

Log send.

561ef506-285a-cdb1-4aaa-abe5dc67f615

Well, the log is sort of good as it shows that events are being triggered but the device can not be determined.
Could you disable the motion trigger, make sure logging is on and then enable them again. Hopefully that should log the command that is being registered so I can make sure that looks good.

I will also add some diagnostics to the event handler to find out what is being received.

Restarted the app, disabled then enabled motion events on all 4 channels, triggered all 4 channels for motion

Log

0e83d44f-7cfb-f077-4db4-9bb45397937d

Another version is ready. Fingers crossed.

Ok I tried to trigger all 4 channels again and it works but only channel 1 receives motion alarm status when other 3 channels are triggered.

uuid:52192fba-b9cb-dc33-64df-496a4a4cb9cb

So we are getting closer. Could you send the log?

Oh I thought I did, sorry.

04ddd8f6-e661-6b10-af0d-beecca3d8997

OK, one more version. A possible fix and added more logging so If you can send me the log from this version again that would be great.

Same behavior as last time.

98fd6db1-f3b4-2cc4-cc94-83bf53a1ce7a

OK, A new version and I’m fairly confident this time. I hadn’t noticed the reply contained two message block (message.message) so I think this will do it (hopefully) :wink:

Now I get no motion triggers at all :frowning:

93adbb15-38b3-9a18-7592-05870418acca