[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

@Adrian_Rockall . Many thanks for your support and dedication! what I miss is a donation button?

1 Like

There is a donation link on the app page in the store. Athom tends to hide it away with the information at the end of the page.
But I donā€™t expect users to donate so donā€™t feel you have to.

1 Like

@Ricardo_Nunes & @wesley_w, I have published a new test version. This has an extra option in the Advanced settings page to select which type of motion alarm triggers the motion.

Unfortunately, I can only predefine the options, so it is possible to try and select one that is not available on the camera in which case it will show an error when you try to save the settings. I was hoping to build the list on the fly but that doesnā€™t seem to be possible.

Anyway, the options are ā€œMOTION (IsMotion)ā€, ā€œANALYTICSSERVICE (IsInside)ā€, ā€œMOTIONALARM (State)ā€ and ā€œDIGITALINPUT (LogicalState)ā€.
The one I think should work best for your cameras is the last one.

Yes! I can confirm that the motion trigger in Homey is triggered by the PIR sensor using ā€œDIGITALINPUT (LogicalState)ā€ā€¦ I will do some more investigation and report back later. The ā€œbewegingā€ image is updated by this trigger.

1 Like

Dear Adrian et al. I can also confirm the trigger wesley_w refers to! :clap:
Thank you

1 Like

Hi Adrian.
The ā€œdigitalinputā€ makes this imou cameras work reliable with motion alarm, i confirm that as well.
But i have other imou models that do not use pir sensor, instead they have ā€œAIā€ inside and filter humans from other things, but they do not report motion alarm on homey now, the digitalinput is not supported by these camera and all other 3 available Iā€™ve tried but non of them reports motion.

Notification types for the camera thatā€™s currently not working.

ā€œMOTION,TAMPER,OBJECTSINSIDE,FACE,SCENETEMPERATURE,FIREALARM,MOTIONALARM,ANALYTICSSERVICE,JOBSTATE,RECORDINGCONFIGURATION,TRACKCONFIGURATION,RECORDINGJOBCONFIGURATION,CREATERECORDING,DELETERECORDING,CREATETRACK,DELETETRACK,STATE,STATE,IPCONFLICT,DETECTEDSOUND,PROFILECHANGED,CONFIGURATIONCHANGEDā€

Could you turn on the logging to Basic Information and trigger motion on the camera.
Previously I was very liberal with the checking but now I have tried to make it very specific so it doesnā€™t get the false alarms from the events that are not active. But I did use the information from the ONVIF specification which I could have misread.

Iā€™m not at home right now, tomorrow Iā€™ll test the camera again, but donā€™t listen to what i have said before cause i might not haved the motion turned on in the camera Iā€™m referring to when i was checking.
Sorry for the mess, itā€™s my fault.
Tomorrow Iā€™ll get back to you.

1 Like

Hi Adrian.
Soo after doing some testing for the cameras that use pir sensor ā€œdigitalinputā€ is working flawless itā€™s 100% reliable, models (IPC-G26E) and (IPC-C26E).
For the cameras that use artificial intelligence instead of pir sensor ā€œdigitalinputā€ does not work at all, and all other 3 give motion alarm, but all off them are not reliable since it gives motion every now and then, even though there is no one in front of the camera, i believe analyticservice is the one that gives motion when there is a person in the frame Iā€™m not sure, but if it is, it is given motion on all the frame the camera has and not only inside the detect area I have predefined in imou app.
Donā€™t know if there is a fix for this cameras or not.
Thank you!

Could you send me the logs from one of those cameras after creating motion (probably best if you turn off motion for all others while doing this so they donā€™t confuse me :wink: )
So, switch of all motion, set the log to Basic Information, clear the log, enable motion on one camera, wait for some false alarms then move about to create more motion. Itā€™s very likely the camera sends different events depending on the type of motion so that sequence might let me know what it sends when and if there are any other types I can respond to.
For example, OBJECTSINSIDE, FACE and ANALYTICSSERVICE might be sending different types of alarm signals.

Done, i believe I sent a basic and full log.
With analiticservice it seems to only trigger with humans thatā€™s correct on doing that, but what i wanted is that it had a similar behavior as with the imou app, that it would trigger motion alarm with humans but only when they are inside the detect area Iā€™ve set, right now it seems to be triggering even if there is humans outside of the detection area, although it seems to only trigger when it detects human presence.

Looks promising:

RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside: IsInside = false
or
RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside: IsInside = true

Hmm, in theory this is the ā€œANALYTICSSERVICE (IsInside)ā€ setting.

It seems there are events for multiple cameras: 192.168.68.130, 192.168.68.133, 192.168.68.136, 192.168.68.137. Are these all the same type of camera?

OK. I have filtered it down to:
ā€“ Event detected (ā€œ192.168.68.136ā€) ā€“
+0:0:0.009: Event data: (08:ed:ed:1f:0c:d5) RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside: IsInside = false, 4059

--  Event detected ("192.168.68.136")  --
+0:0:0.013: Event data: (08:ed:ed:1f:0c:d5) RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion: IsMotion = false

+0:0:0.006: Event data: (08:ed:ed:1f:0c:d5) RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion: IsMotion = false

+0:0:0.005: Event data: (08:ed:ed:1f:0c:d5) VideoSource/MotionAlarm: State = false

--  Event detected ("192.168.68.137")  --
+0:0:0.008: Event data: (08:ed:ed:1f:0c:d5) RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside: IsInside = false, 521

--  Event detected ("192.168.68.137")  --
+0:0:0.005: Event data: (08:ed:ed:1f:0c:d5) VideoSource/MotionAlarm: State = false

It looks like it has just captured the motion alarms switching off.
I think the objectId might also need to be taken into account for ObjectInside events as I wonder if different zones that have been defined have different IDs. Unfortunately my camera that has zones is not working at the moment as I have fitted outside but not run the cable through yet.

So, I will make a changed to allow for the zone ID and also add an extra step to the log filter so it produces a simplified list of events.

Sorry for the late response Adrian.

Ip ending on 133/136/137 are the same type of camera and this are the ones we are talking about.

136 was the only one left with motion active like weā€™ve talked about.

Ok, no rush when you have news just let me know please, in the mean time Iā€™ll watch over to better see how camera reacts, when thereā€™s people passing by, today itā€™s not a good day for testing, itā€™s holiday in here and everyone is confined soo no big movement.

Thank you for your support! :pray:

I have published another test version.
This one allows you to specify the object ID to match against. My suspicion is that each zone you define will have an ID and that ID will be sent with the event. But I could be wrong.

The log in Basic Information mode is much cleaner now so it should be easy to see the events that are being received without all the other noise around them.

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed new test version, with this version, none of the cameras detect motion.
Either this ones we are talking about right now ,Iā€™ve tried all notification types, or the other models that wore working before 100% with digitalinput.

Thatā€™s strange, mine are still working with the MOTION option.

Can you send the logs again?

Iā€™ve restarted the app, and the ones with pir sensor are actually working.
But the ones were talking about still give no motion.
Iā€™ve sent log.

Sorry, I havenā€™t received the log. Could you send it again or send it in a PM.

Hey guys! iā€™m not really in the logging stuff but if I can be off any assistance please let me know.

The logging should be straight forward in the 1.1.24 version so if you could send it to me it would be great.
Just set the log type to Basic Information, Clear the log, turn on motion for a camera and then walk about to trigger motion. Then once the log has some data click on the Send Log button.

If your cameras have the face detection and it is setup, it would be nice to see the events from that as I might even be able to add some bits to show the face name and trigger flows etc.