[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

I got my humidifier and tested it with Homey today and it looks good.
It is available in the HCS but as I am waiting for the last test version to be reviewed by Athom I can’t publish it in the Athom store yet.
The humidifier looks like a really nice unit and I am very impressed with it so far.
I like the little draw at the base where I can put aroma oils as one issue I have with some atomizers is the oils clog up the piezo when it is added to the water.
The water tank is also a decent size so hopefully it should last the night and fingers crossed I will wake without a dry mouth and throat.

I tested the airco, seems to be working better now…
Not sure if everythinh works ok. need top test more but it now indeed does something!

About the humidifier, that is quick… does the device really work (not sure if it is the best device around) that good, i did not know it sells on amazon. Until now i purchased my devices directly from switchbot…
edit: it seems on my local amazon (.nl or german .de) it is not offered…

I also replied on facebook, suggested to supply devices for developers (you) and to make sure the api is better optimized (rate limit and local api)…

1 Like

I have yet to see how quickly it humidifies the room but it certainly does emit a good stream of atomised water.
Control via the app includes Om / Off, Efficiency (0 to 100%) that specifies the amount of water emitted and Auto mode so it switches off and on based on the humidity in the room. It also measure temperature and humidity.
At the moment it only seems to work via the hub as i can’t see any useful data via bluetooth, but it might be hidden away there somewhere. It also looks like it connects via WiFi but I haven’t looked to see if I can do anything vis that yet.

Do you need the switchbot hub for it to work? If no hub is requiered… what is the range from Homey to Bot?

My bot is 5 meters away from Homey line of sight, bot in the second floor, inside a fuse cabinet of metal, no problem without a hub! App measures signal strength, so youll see.

1 Like

Thank you!

Eehhh … I hope that I’m wrong but a dry throat & especially mouth in the morning can be a sign of Diabetes. Had that a couple of years ago and was diagnosed with Diabetes Type II. Taking some pills every day I feel very good again.

I would like to help but I don’t use any social media.

Did you see the aanouncemenet of the new Switchbot devices : Motion & Door/-Windowsensor ??

Looks like you can make a full job out of this.

I have seen them in a picture on their website but not seen any information yet.

I will add them in as soon as I can get them.

Thank you for your concern, it is much appreciated. I have been checked for Diabetes and that is OK. To be honest I think it’s just that I snore too much :slight_smile:

I installed the TV hub but it seems that not all buttons are used in Homey which are created or active in switchbot.

Is it possible to create a flow card where you can choose every button you created in the switchbot app is also usable in Homey?
I think this wil be the issue on all IR hub devices you install…

At the moment the app supports the commands that are documented in the API for each device.
I am planning to support the custom buttons when I can work out how, but your suggestion of using a flow command sounds interesting.

it is not pure custom buttons, the default buttons are also listed, only volume and channel -/+, power and mute are in the homey app.
Other default buttons in the switchbot app (so buttons i did not create myself) are also not available, maybe these can be added in the future aswell

Thx

I will try to contact Switchbot to see if they can provide the command codes for more buttons. The online API specification is a bit sparse unfortunately.

1 Like

I today received my humidifier from switchbot.

I noticed the following:

• temp and huminity are not updated, the apps shows data over 5 hours old…
  • the first time i ran the app i got an error, sadly no idea what it was, currently i cannot reproduce it.

offtopic:

• does your device run constantly?
    i started it , ran it over 5 hours and it keeps running, also i have no idea if the auto mode actually works.
    Also i cannot find any actual live data (in the original switchbot app) of current huminity and temp, in the homey app it is listed but not updated…

I must admit the data doesn’t update very often and it appears to only update when switched on.

I think the error might have been because the efficiency setting is null to start with so I will look at that.

It does run constantly when switched on and I think the auto mode just alters the efficiency. At times I can hear it running but there is very little vapour coming out while other times it is like a fog machine.

I must admit since I’ve had it the humidity has been really high so I’ve not been using it.

Switch-bot.com or amazon(.nl) has Prime day deals !!

Otherwise/-day use Coupon Code: WELCOMEBACK for 15% discount(on switch-bot.com).

i’ve bought some curtain & Sensor Combo (the new Motion Door-/Windows sensor).

1 Like

I haven’t seen the new sensor yet and there’s no information about them in the API document so no support in Homey yet.

No problem. or Better : No rush.

Time will tell …

(by the way what about the camera that is on some of the pictures on switch-bot.com (and not announced yet (as far as I know)). Any signs/trace of that in the API yet ? Just curious. Relax.

Using 039 without issues so far but since two days the Switchbot doesn’t react to homey anymore. Just switchbot ios app. WhT could be the issue?

BTW… could you use switchbot passwords with the app? Otherwise any guest could use the switchbot app to pair to my door opener