[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

At the moment, as an independent developer, I have no access to submit apps for the bridge. I would have to pay €99 per year to submit apps for the bridge, assuming I would be accepted as I’m not the product manufacturer.
However, I do work with Switchbot so maybe they will join at some point and a bridge version could be created.

Thank you for your quick reply !
I hope they will create a bridge version… But if I may suggest (after making sure that homey would accept you as a third party developer), don’t hesitate to setup some kind of funding for the developper fee; I’m sure we can get together to get your app in the cloud without you having to invest your own money in plus of your time.

Regards,
Touré

2 Likes

I still have update problem with a thermometer through cloud. It is not being updated for 19 hours.
BLE connected thermometers are OK.

Attached images are thermometers in the same room. First one is Aqara zigbee connected and the second one is the cloud connected switchbot one.

Could you got to the More > Apps > SwitchBot > Configure App. then select the log tab and set the drop list to “Detailed Information”. Then wait for about 30 minutes so the log can capture some data and then tap on the Send Log button. Hopefully that should show me if the app is trying to get data from the SwitchBot servers.

I have sent the detailed log of about 30min. Let me know if you didn’t get it. Thanks for your effort.

I have the log and it is not showing any attempts to get the device data from the hub.
How many hub connected devices do you have in Homey?
The app will poll the API every 8.7 seconds * the number of devices.

The BLE is working OK so it’s not a complete app failure, therefore something must of upset the timer. I will investigate and let you know.
In the mean time, if you restart the app does it start updating again?

Oh… I see. I have 7 switchbot hubs in operation. So I have to set at least 8.7 * 7 secs for polling interval. Thanks for checking.

It’s more about devices rather than hubs. So if you have added, say, 2 temperature modules, 4 curtain motors and 2 switches to Homey via the HUB drivers, then that would be 8 devices.
The app takes care of ensuring the polling interval you enter is not too short using the 8.7 seconds * the number of devices rule. So even if you entered 8 seconds for the polling the app will just override that.

All I was trying to do was get an idea of how often the log would show the hubs being polled.

(BLE devices do not count in the calculation as there is not limit on those)

My Switchbot Curtain is not working anymore. I can control them through the Switchbot app but not through Homey anymore. I have it on a HUB and have the correct token set.

I reinstalled the app on my Homey as well. Sidenote, they work with the BLE integration.

I sent a diagnostic report with number E123889d-fe28-420b-af21-aa58ab6bb981

Thanks for the feedback. Then I have about 14 devices connected to the cloud used in homey.

The log shows that the API key is not defined. I don’t know why it would have forgotten it but if you re-enter it via the Configure App page hopefully it will start working again.

OK, so the app should poll for new values about once every 2 minutes which is not what the log is showing.
I think an error might have occurred during the last polling session which has stopped the timer. I have put a try…catch around the API calls in that section now so even if and error occurs it will still restart the timer.
I’m not sure when the update will be ready as I am doing a big change to make it Homey bridge compatible so I need to do a lot of testing.

2 Likes

Thanks for helping me out, i already mailed you.

Solution was disconnecting the hub from the power, putting it back in, and setting the API key.

1 Like

Will there also be a hub version of the contact sensor? Would that help with instant Homey updates or can I only do that with the ESP32 hub?

There is a hub version of the contact sensor in the test version of the app. Unfortunately it is not as fast as the BLE version unless it is the only device on the hub.
Talks are still ongoing with SwitchBot to be a bit more involved and they might take over the app soon.

1 Like

Tx for your response!

I have only 3 devices in the SwitchBot hub. Will that work faster?

The API rate limit means the polling interval is 8.7 seconds * number of devices. So with three devices it will poll each device every about 27 seconds. The BLE will poll about every 20 seconds regardless of the number of devices.

I use an Switchbot humifier with Homey.
I noticed that the values in Homey are not really ‘up to date’

When i scroll to the sensor details it list:
temp ‘4 hours ago’, huminidy ‘4 hours ago’ and the drop ‘1 month ago’

Is there a setting somewhere why this is not updated reguarly?

The app gets the values from the API so if the humidifier hasn’t sent any new data to the server then the app won’t get any updates.
I just checked mine and the values hadn’t update for a month either. I switched the unit on via the app and the values updated straight away. So it seems it is very lazy about sending updates.
If you view the log with Detailed Information enabled, you should see the data being pulled in.

1 Like

Hi!
Does the app support longpress? For example. I want a button to be held down for a certain number of seconds and then released.

Best regards
Johan