[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

The captcha was added in May, and then Tesla took it away after a couple of days.

But now it’s back, and I don’t know when or if it can be fixed.

Thanks for clarifying

V. 1.3.1 is ready for testing with a fix for the captcha - issue:

Please test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @balmli I can confirm the captcha works perfect. Thanks a lot m8.

Thanks for reporting back, @danone !

Hi.
I keep ggeting an error when trying to login. It says:
“Fetching auth code failed”

Sorry - it works now.

1 Like

A few questions:

1. Are we able to change the metrics i.e. km to miles for charging rate, battery range, odometer, speed etc?

2. For the pricing area under settings - is there UK/£ ?

3. For Tracking settings - data fetch enabled. Does this keep the car in continuous idle state and therefore impact its ability to sleep?

Thanks!

Hi,

Only km is supported now.
Prices are only used for smart charging: to charge only the hours in a period with lowest prices.
You can disable data fetching by unchecking "“Data fetch enabled” in advanced settings.

Hello All,

I have recently started using the flow cards Tesla Arriving / leaving Home

and

when the car is getting home, I am getting instantly notified (So the geofence is working well) but when leaving home, the notification (and the related flow) are firing up too late. Example: today at 8:15 am the car left and drove away 60 KM. I only got the notification on my mobile at 10:32 am!

Yesterday we left home at 12:46 PM and drove for 20 Km and got the notification at 4:56 PM!

Note that all other notifications related to presence and location are working well (those linked to my mobile).

Any idea what could be happening?

Cheers!

The app needs a fresh state of the car to know that it has come or left home.

The default “data fetch interval” of 60 minutes will ensure that the app knows the state of the car every 60 minutes + when you are driving.

You can reduce the data fetch interval to 1 minute, which is the minimum.

Ok. I get it. Thanks for the tip.

These are my current settings:

Questions:
1- If I reduce the Data Fetch Interval from 300 minutes to 1 minute, does this mean that the app will wake up the car every minute to get the data from it? that would use some energy. No?
2- How to make it fetch the data every minute only when driving?
3- What is the value: “Minimum Refresh Interval when streaming”?

Thanks for your support.

1. Well, it will stay awake for 10 minutes after a sync. Syncing every 300 minutes → 10 minutes awake, and then 290 minutes asleep. Syncing every minutes → always awake.

2. If the app sees that the car is driving, it syncs every minute. You can set the “data fetch interval” with a flow.

3. The app uses “streaming” to get faster updates while driving. To avoid too high loads on the Homey, the minimum interval when streaming is default 10 seconds. On my Homey Pro I use 4 seconds, and that works fine.

How does the app know if the car has started to move??

It is possible to check the state of the car, it it is online or not, without waking it up. So the app does that every minute.

And if the app sees that it’s become ‘online’ → then it starts checking the state for a few minutes. If you start driving within that period it will see that you are driving.

1 Like

Thanks again for your swift reply. It is much appreciated.

I have created these two flows:

and when not:

Would this resolve my location issue? To put things back in context, the idea is to trigger a flow when the car leaves home (or the home geofence).

on another topic, there seems to be an issue with the card “vehicle entered location” as I am not able to define the location’s data…

You need to add locations with the “Add current location to geofence” or “Add location to geofence” flows for the “Vehicle entered location” and “Vehicle left location” triggers.

You can also use the “Vehicle came home” and “Vehicle left home” triggers. As long as the location of the Homey is correct.

The Vehicle started moving / stopped moving are triggered as you drive and stop for eg. red light… So don’t use those triggers.

so which triggers do you suggest that I use?