[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Hi, my problems seems to have disapeared. Thanx

Ps: would love to see doorsensors added.

1 Like

Same here,i have the homey hub since 10 months,never had any problem with tuya app and since1 week sometimes my plugs doesn’t works.Restart Tuya app resolve the problem.
Version test 0.0.12 here.
Thanks a lot to the developper for this great app🙂

1 Like

Still have to find out more, but the main reason is that Tuya is Throttling it’s API. Discovery once in 10 minutes, authentication once a minute. And I see also in the logs that commands are getting time-outs too.

If you need multiple actions to be done for one or more devices, you can better use a scene in Homey with a tap to run action in mobile Tuya/Smart life app. In the tap to run you can specify multiple actions for one or more devices. First is screenshot Smart life app en second is Homey flow.

3 Likes

New test version available. Fix some stabilty issues.

2 Likes

Upgrade 0.0.13 done. Fingers crossed !

Glad to donate you for adding dehumidifier devices :slight_smile: 

And the tap-to-run scene in the Tuya app will be triggered by Homey? So, Homey starts the scene in the Tuya app? Seems so, otherwise you wouldn’t advise it, but just to be sure

With a virtual switch or a flow, of course !

I just wanted to know, and just for myself, whether triggering the action on the Tuya / Smartlife app (starting with “tap to run”) from within a Homey flow, is enough to actually start the action.
Of course it can be done with a virtual device or a flow, that wasn’t exactly my question.

The trigger action card in Homey triggers the specified tap to run action made with mobile app

1 Like

Yes I use it like this from the beginning. Configure all your favorite scenes in the smartlife app, and let Homey only kick-off the scene. Never had problems with that, and if you are messing around with the lights (color-dim), next time the scene is triggered your favorite light-setting is back again :star_struck:

Looks like the Neo Coolcam plugs can measure power. Is it possible to add that to the app?

@Rocodamelshekima, Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment, the API is not returning those values.

Ah ok, thnx

Does the Tuya Cloud app only control wifi devices registered in the Smartlife app, or has it developed in the meantime so it can control zigbee devices (or any other standard) as well? As long as the devices are registered in the Smartlife app.

For zigbee is another app, tuya zigbee. Smartlife and tuyasmart both work for the tuya cloud app

Got two of them paired through the other tuya app, power measure work

Saw that but i can’t get them to turn on/off in that app.
/OT

The Tuya Zigbee app is good choice if you pair your Zigbee devices directly to Homey.

If you want to keep the hub, you have to try if the device is shown with this app.

@Rocodamelshekima, is it possible to use both apps. This app to control, the other for the power readings. Not best solution, but unfortunality both apps have their limitations