[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Yes, I did on purpose not suggest to set the “nothing” value to zero, b/c zero degrees is a realistic value in some cases.

I tested with Vthermo, but same results. You simply can enter numbers only, not a “false” character. And when entering a value out of range, it doesn’t update.
Vthermo might be interesting to you, b/c you can set the range and steps after installation, and the minimum step is 0.25

I also have little knowledge of homeyscript.

Is it me or is the thermostat limited to 12 degrees? <— n/m… you can set a minimum during device creation.

1 Like

Thanks 4 sharing.
So the mobile flow editor is not equal to Homey Flow online? Interesting…

Hi Arjan, I filed a bug @ git.
While adding a new VD, my Homey app (v6.4.0) crashes. It happens with both the experimental and the official VD app v0.9.5
Existing VD’s work fine.
Bought you a beer for the great app (what was about time :wink: )
Peter

Am new to Homey and just figuring out how I can utilise this ingenious app with my existing flows. But I have just a quick question:

When setting a mode to ‘And’, the only option available is ‘Is turned on/off’, does this mean that Homey is waiting for the mode to be switched to an ‘on/off’ state, or will it check to see whether the mode is already in an ‘on/off’ state?

I’m hoping it’s latter because that would solve a lot of my problems… :crossed_fingers:

It’s the latter, and easy to test in a flow
Cheers

this is excellent news! thank you!

1 Like

I don’t know how to deal with my roller shutter from Elero which I have connect via a smart home hub from Mediola (v6 Mini). The Mediola Smart Home Hub supports http requests, so it’s possible to Move Up/Down and stop the roller. Additionally, I can see the following states of my roller:

• Bottom
  • Move Up
  • Move Down
  • Inactive (somewhere between Top & Bottom)

I’ve included a virtual device roller.

Now, the issue is to reflect the correct state of the roller. I’m checking the states on a regular base. But eg. If the roller is in state “inactive” I don’t think it make sense to send a “stop” signal over http every time my interval is over, but to reflect the correct state in the virtual device I need to set it as soon as I’m reaching the check interval. So it’s somehow most of the time a usleless loop. As I’m having three rollers that would generate a bit of traffic for my Elero Shutters (continuously sending stops). I can do it like that, but you know, it’s not the ideal solution. Any better ideas how to deal with the states with the virtual device?

EDIT: Problem solved with “Better Logic”. It triggers only if a variable changes.

I cant add the temperature to a VD Thermostat with the measure_temperature from a aqara temp sensor.

I get invalid_capability when testing. The aqara sensor only has the measure_temperature Capability.

When I try the same with with a Mill sensor that has target_temperature capability, it works fine.

You’ll have to round the temperature to .5
(limitation of the virtual device).
I have delayed the action card after the calculation card, to make sure the calc is done before the virtual sensor card reads the calculated value

This will work on a with an aqara temp sensorn, but it will not display the temperature on the VD thermostat as if you use target_temperature with a sensor that has that Capability , but you will see the temperature if you go in on the thermostat device.

target_temperature is shown in a tile.

So you have to set target_temperatur instead of measure_temperature for the VD

Yes, but not all of the sensors have that Capability. Aqara temp sensor only have measure_temperature Capability.

I’m not sure if I understand your goal right. What I mean is you have to set the target_temperature (VD) = measured_temperature (aqara, Tag temperature) if you want to see the measured value of the aqara in a tile of a VD.

Ok, but as you se in my screens above, i have done that and its not showing up as a tile on the VD.

no I don’t see it, because you have to do this the other way around:

name your VD variable target_temperature NOT measure_temperature.

I assume that the tag=temperature belongs to the aqara sensor:

in my case “Aktuell” is the temperature value of a sensor.

1 Like

That is not important, it is about the capability of the VD thermostat / thermometer.
The Aqara temp sensor just sends numbers, wich you can assign as temperature values.

So you can view any value you want as virtual thermometer (as long as it’s inside the range of -100 to +200)
I have weather forecast VD 'thermometers" to view the wind, rain, humidity etc.
I also have lux sensors that way.
(btw, the pressure tile (luchtdruk in Dutch) should show 102.0 as 1020mBar, I have to add the math.format finction to my calculation, so the .0 is always shown)

Example, the airpressure flow:

Like this?

No, like this !

show us the capabilities of your VD.

are you sure you had defined the capability target_temperature when you created the device?