[APP][PRO] VThermo

Hello,

imthis are my settings:

The device seems to be heating, but the shelly switch is off?

thanks

philipp

hello,

i found the problem, the thermostat was off, i didn‘t understand the meaning of switching thermostat on or off, now it‘s a little bit clearer.

thanks

1 Like

Hi @balmli, I have a shelly 1, I can’t see the temperature in Vthermo, the sensor is in the same area, but I can’t see the temperature, what am I doing wrong?

Have you read the instructions a bit further up here?

Yes, I have the following configuration, but I do not have any sensor that is measuring that temperature

If you read you see that the Shelly is a heater, not a sensor or thermostat. So check the «Other devices» in the «Temperature sensors in the same zone».

I had already tried that option, but as you will see in the attached image, it takes the value of another device and I don’t know how to make it take the device I want (it must be taken into account that in the same area I have several shelly devices) and apparently they all have heater capacity, can I do anything else? I have also seen that homey has updated Vthermo to version 1.6, can you inform what is new in this version?

You can view status and changelog at the app page.
Because I’m bored, I looked it up 4 u:

The url for the test version of this app can be found in post nr 7 of this thread

Hello,

i have a similar problem since today, i have a shelly 1 with temperatur sensor, labeled as heater. the temperatur was shown correctly, but today the vthermo doesn’t show the temperatur oft the shelly, i set other device in the same zone.

thanks

philipp

hello @balmli,

did you change something in the last update?

thanks

philipp

Hello,

i made this flow to update the temperature value from the shelly temperatur sensor to the virtual vThermo thermostat, but it doesn’t work, any suggestions?

Thanks

Philipp

Hello!!!

First of all, I wanted to thank the application and the effort to create it.

I have recently installed the app together with Netatmo valves, but I don’t know if these valves can be thermostat actuated.

I have configured several flows and when I do the test it changes the temperatures in the valve, but if I set it to automatic it does not change the temperature.

I am attaching a flow that I have created to see if it is correct.

Thanks to all for the help.!

Sorry, but what are you trying to do ?

Hi. I have an FGT001 radiator thermostat. I would like use Vthermo, but i cant. Vthermo show the current temp, but the target temp no and when the thermostat heating nothing happened. Can i try anything, because i would like switching my heatit z-din. Thank you Andras

The Fibaro FGT-001 is a thermostat itself. So what do you want to do ?

I have a Heatit Z-DIN for zone control, and I want the thermostat to control the relay. It’s work with z-temp2 and vthermo.

Hello! Was wondering if someone could let me know if the following is possible with VThermo?

I have a Mill heater that refuses to stay connected to my WiFi rendering it essentially worthless connectivity-wise with Homey. Have tried everything and have given up on it ever working so am considering the following work around:

Plug the Mill heater into an IKEA smart outlet and place a Aqara temp sensor in the same room. What I’d like to know is if it’s possible for VThermo to control the IKEA outlet on/off depending on the temperature reading from the Aqara? I tried looking i to advanced settings but couldn’t figure it out. Any help is super appreciated!

Hi Mike,

Yes, that’s the normal use case for VThermo: Controlling wall plugs based on temperature sensors in the same zone.

You have to:

• set the IKEA outlet as a “heater” in settings for that device
  • add a VThermo, and set it’s target temperature

thanks. this is great news! so the VThermo then understands that the IKEA outlet is hooked up to a heater and then just takes care of things automatically? What an awesome app!

It is possible to then combine this with Homey Heating Scheduler that I have running with my other functioning Mill heaters?

The IKEA plug must be configured as a “heater” for VThermo to control it.

And yes, the VThermo can be controlled as other thermostats.

1 Like