[APP][Pro] WeatherFlow's Smart Weather Station

Any updates on this? Does it work?

What doesn’t work?

I have now a tempest weatherstation. Will there be in the furture support for this device?

2 Likes

@Joel, as of today i received my Tempest weather station. Tried to add the Tempest into the Weatherflow app. The app doesn’t recognize this station. Is there any chance to add the Tempest in the Weatherflow app? If i can be of any help plse let me know
Alwin

2 Likes

Received my Weatherflow Tempest today after a long wait.

Lets hope for Homey support for this device in the near future :slight_smile:

@Will_o_Wisp @alwin.k @Bulletcather - I made an attempt adding Tempest support and my quick and initial tests seem to work fine.

I have not yet created a pull request to the @Will_o_Wisp original repo as i plan more testing first. Just got the Tempest today :wink:

But if you or anybody else would like to try, please install it via the CLI and give it a go. Here is the link to the feature/tempest branch of my forked repo:

magohl/com.weatherflow.smartweatherstation at feature/tempest (github.com)

Would love to test it. But haven’t received my Tempest yet… :frowning:

1 Like

Installed the app and it works perfect

1 Like

Sounds great! :+1:

Must say that i am impressed with the Tempest so far. Worth the long wait…

I will do some more testing with Homey+Tempest the next days, especially related to flows/events, and then create a pull-request to @Will_o_Wisp in a couple of days or so.

@ButterOverflow, sorry for the late reaction but had to install and figure out how to install the correct versions of JSON, the Homey-cli and after that your Tempest app
Anyway i managed and my Tempest works as well in Homey
As you are i am equally impressed with my Tempest
So one more happy guy
If i can be of more help plse let me know
Thank you ButterOverflow
Regards Alwin

1 Like

I have now made the pull-request with the Tempest support to @Will_o_Wisp repo. Hopefully he sees it in the near future.

Hey.
Is this app getting better?
Is it just to instal the weather station as a standard unit in a app now?

1 Like

Hi, if you are talking about the Tempest it does still not work in the official app. I made a pull request but testing found that while working great with the Tempest it broke the old Sky/Air devices.

If you need Tempest support right now and can not wait you can install my fork linked to above using the CLI as a temporary solution and switch to the official in a couple of weeks or so.

1 Like

@BufferOverflow
Can it be that lightning figures aren’t processed correctly?
This morning i saw some lightning on my Tempest but Homey shows 0
Tried to upload some prints to show but did not manage
This is the url of my Tempest

Grtz Alwin

I would like to test it. I just got my Tempest yesterday, but I’m not sure how to install an application on Homey from Github.
Where can I find instructions?
Thx

Fork installed. Works perfectly with the new Tempest.

1 Like

I also got my tempest (europe). I have tried to use the app and it can’t find the Air nor the Sky unit. Do I need some kind of update for it to work? The Github thingy… will that be included in the app?

Hello Windy. Try follow this video. Mine is working after following these instructions. Good luck.

@BufferOverflow app works fine. Thanks!

Two questions though:

• the card ‘it starts to rain’, when is it reset? In other words, when do you get a new message that it has started to rain again? It has been dry for 15 minutes and then it started to rain again, but no new message.
  • Very light rain is not recognized in the app as rain in mm. It stays at zero and does not get updated. Shouldn’t it at least say >0.01 at that moment? In this way we can still create flows based on light rain.

Thanks again.