[APP][Pro] WeatherFlow's Smart Weather Station

Unbelievable, because for this flow, rain must also be detected.
How long does it take to start the flow? How long or how much does it have to rain?
Is it possibly a problem with the Homey app resp. the API?
Appears the message “It starts raining” faster on the smartphone app than in Homey?

@Jeroen_W, wind measurement is a very complex and probably the most difficult subject in weather determination. Probably most users have no possibility to install a weather station according to the standards. A lot of factors have to be taken into account. Therefore, your “feeling” may not be wrong.

Do someone of you now what interval is used for wind measurement? 3 sec or 1 minute?

Sorry for asking in such detail. Currently I have a Netatmo weather station and a POPP Z-Weather (Z-Wave). The Netatmo weather station can’t be used to automate the awning, the interval is much too slow. The POPP Z-Weather reports immediately the wind speed by association when it exceeds a certain value (which is adjustable).
However, I don’t have a rain sensor. I could build a sensor based on the conductivity of a contact board (there are some DIY tutorials in the community) or buy such a sensor.
But I like the Tempest weather station very much, also because it also measures UV and lightning. Also, I would have alle weather data in one station.
However, I don’t want to pay 330 € for nothing if the Tempest weather station is also not suitable to automate the awning.

I haven’t used it for a while but when it is raining very light, it doesn’t trigger at all. Only when there’s a certain amount (mm) it triggers after 5 minutes, I believe.

I think it’s a standard function of the Tempest since also the Tempest app gives the notification only after a few minutes or mm. So it has nothing to do with the Homey integration, that is working well. Don’t ask me why they chose this, but I’m glad there’s a work around. :slight_smile:

Just to clarify:

And your flow with the variable starts immediately after it began to rain?

Yes, it shows the slightest change in mm. I use it the same way; to close the roof windows, sun screens, etc.

1 Like

I have just installed Weatherflow Tempest and this app and it is working fine :slight_smile:

Is it possible to have m/s instead of km/h ?

Possible to change in code of course, but since it reuses the standard capabilities and units setup and recommended by Homey, it is unfortunately km/h for wind.

Now I am also a owner of WeatherFlow weather station. As I installed the weather station yesterday, I don’t have any experience yet.

But what would be interesting for me is if it would be theoretically possible to integrate data for the forecasts in the Homey Smart Weather Station app.
On this website I have seen that current conditions, daily forecast and hourly forecast can be retrieved. But because I’m no programmer, I have absolutely no idea if this would be possible.

I know it’s possible to get forecasts with the Weather Underground app. But if this would work with the Smart Weather Station app, the WU app is not needed anymore.

1 Like

Can anybody help ?
I want that my blinds will close if the rain is greater than light rain.
So far it’s working when the rain begins but I it’s just yes or no. The tempest app is showing light and heavy rain conditions, too. Is this possible to use them in flows, too?
As far as know the variable rain is the sum of all rain within 24 hours, so I think I can’t work with it to quantify the intensitvity of rain.
Thanks

Hi @Will_o_Wisp, thx for the great app, I love the Tempest WeatherFlow.

On 02/01/2012, my Tempest detected lightning nearby around 21:00 o’clock:

However, nothing was displayed in the Homey Smart Weather Station app:

Is this a (known) bug?

08 jan 2022. Solved!
After sometime no updates from my tempest I deinstalled it.
Now my App doesn’t find my tempest anymore in Homey. What’s going wrong?

@DirkG
On your first image u c realtime data from lets say the last few seconds measured by your Tempest
The second image represents the collected lightning data by Weatherflow

Ugh sorry images swapped

I know that, but the problem is that the lightnings were not displayed in the Homey Smart Weather Station app at all. Not even the next day.

Hi,
That is correct because Homey-Tempest only shows realtime data
When i look at my Tempest data it refreshes every few seconds
So the lightning info, when measured, is overwritten after a few seconds by nill data because lightning only lasts for a second or so
Weatherflow collects this data for you that’s why you see it over a longer period of time
The Tempest app on Homey does not show this collected data
That are 2 different processes

1 Like

Okay, understand. Thx for explaining.

I have the same problem. How did you solve that?

I deinstalled tempest from my homey. Then: Give it time and install again. I was very nearby the tempest.

Vriendelijke groet
D-J Bakker

Is it also possible to get notifications if the Tempest is detecting lightning via Homey?

Jepp…

Translation
— Number of lightning strikes will be more/less than…
— Distance of lightning strikes will be more/less than…

Does anybody know where we can actually get one of these in Europe? They seem to be sold out on the official website and I can’t find another supplier.