[APP][Pro] WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook messenger

No, the new flowcard should be there once you install 1.3.0.

Oh my bad… didn’t read it correctly. Just assumed Whatsapp would be part of this. Sorry!

Snapshots of the cameras with Signal works fine!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: not far from reality

Cam pic to Signal works! Great addition, Robin!

Pushing images is possible like Martijn said, on Android too you can only look at the pic, not zoom, edit or save it.
I used ‘send pic to e-mail’ for that, but with Signal it’s just quicker and very convenient

1 Like

Hi,

Do i need to redo all the steps and create separate API keys for every number i want to include of my wife, kids and neighbors ?

Yes

That’s why sending to groups would be handy, just like it is possible in the Telegram bot but I understood that this is impossible in Whatsapp. Bummer…

It is not a 3 day job to register a few phone’s

No more problems encountered for the past 18 hours. Whatsapp and Callmebot now works perfectly. Good work from 2 defelopers

2 Likes

Very useful app for me, thanks! I noticed that the messages sent exactly the same time, arrive at Signal much faster than at Whatsapp.

1 Like

Same overhere. Signal text and a picture arrive within seconds. Whapp and Telegram takes more than 15s. But, I don’t mind. Must be the API (and load of the servers and network at their end?)

Yes, it is the load on the whatsapp server. The servers on callmebot are funded by donations and advertisements. But as long as you dont use this app for life or business critical applications it shouldn’t have a big impact if the message arrives 15 seconds later :wink:

I asked the developer for some new features by the way. Image sending with Telegram should be coming available in the near future. I also hope the same is possible for whatsapp image sending. But as mentioned his whatsapp server is already pretty loaded, so adding image sending will be a problem then.

I’ll keep everyone posted here if new features arrive.

2 Likes

IMPORTANT EDIT: The developer of callmebot.com has let me know that he thinks I deserve 100% of donations for the Homey app. So be aware that I will not share incoming donations with him.

3 Likes

@DirkG many thx for your donation :kissing:

1 Like

True, but would have been nice if it was hassle free for others. Like to send a message the neighbours when alarm or camera is triggered during our holyday. But non the less great app!!!

1 Like

Sending to groups is a feature I requested to be added by the service. But there is a major risk it can be abused for spam. So it is very uncertain if this feature will ever arrive (besides for Telegram, that is something I can add to the Homey app when I have some spare time)

Hi Frank, it is not difficult to achieve imho.
Let the neighbours register their phone, ask for the returned api key if needed, and create a device for them. Now your Homey can send alerts to them

:wink:

2 Likes

where did you post that link?