[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

The Xiaomi Mi Home app supports the old protocol for vacuum cleaners, have you tried?

Try:

IF statis has changed
THEN Push message logic variable STATUS

Whats happening? And please think off the set polling frequency, which is probably 60 seconds? If yes, you receive a push every 60 seconds WHEN status has changed.

It should give a push ā€˜room-cleaningā€™ or ā€˜zone-cleaningā€™.

Thanks, I will test that

In the back of my mind I remember that I had this same issue with the old Ciaomi Home app and my old S5. It had something to do with the coordinates, when theyā€™re wrong the robot is starting a regular cleaning program instead of saying ā€˜I can not reach the targetā€™.

I will start puzzling this evening and let go of the room cleanup for a while

1. Tried trigger card ā€œstatus has changedā€. It doesnā€™t trigger at all. The status in the roborock device in Homey is changing to cleaning when cleaning is started, but it changes to stopped if room cleaning is started and the flow is not triggered.
  2. Tried remove/adding the device again. Didnā€™t change anything.
  3. Tried uninstall/reinstall the app and add the device again. Didnā€™t change anything.
  4. Starting, stopping and docking work controlled from the homey roborock device
  5. Though the roborock status variable is changing and it is ā€œstoppedā€ when the vacuum is in room cleaning mode.

Vacuum S5max and app 1.3.2

Iā€™ll dig into this as well.

1 Like

How important is the zone cleaning by coordinates? Isnā€™t it way more useful to build a ā€œroom cleaningā€ functionality that enables you to start cleaning a room with a flow? And setting up rooms in the Xiaomi app?

2 Likes

Justin,
I have tested two flows, polling frequency set to 60 sec
Flow1:
IF the status changes
THEN log papertrail Status [variable STATUS]

This Flow 1 never triggers! So, logging never occurs whatever status change (cleaning, docked, stopped)

Flow 2:
IF the status has changed to ā€¦ docked
THEN
Log papertrail Vaccum Cleaner status: [variable VACUUM CLEANER STATUS]
Log papertrail stofzuiger Aan. Status [variable STATUS]

This Flow 2 does trigger. Output that is logged:

|2021-07-22 03:22.18||Vaccum cleaner status: docked
|2021-07-22 03:22.19||Stofzuiger Aan. Status: [[status]]

Apparently the variable VACUUM CLEANER STATUS is filled, but the variable STATUS remains empty.

Version 1.3.2, Roborock S6

Seems a similar problem as @peltsi51 reported?

Regards,
Paul

For me the room cleaning functionality is preferred above zone-cleaning. The latter is too laborious for me.
Regards,
Paul

Sounds like a similar problem indeed. I will try and reproduce this and come up with a fix.

Is it possible to get the token on a phone or is that not possible

I gues with the old app thereā€™s is an modded xiaomi home app where you can see the token

Thatā€™s a first for me, a modded app to see the token. Maybe with a Android app, as Apple user I am used to everything being boxed and no way to enter such information.

As far as I know you can only find the tokens through a computer. I posted two ways of doing soo above, for Windows and Mac.

1 Like

I agree! I think Room cleaning is more useful than Zone cleaning in Homey. So if you have to prioritize I vote for Room cleaning.

I am so happy with Move to target. Homey starts full clean if everyone leaves the house. When vaccum is fully charged it moves to a place close to trash bin. I just arrived and we were all smiling when it waited to me emptied. :slight_smile:

Haha that smiling I can imagen, feels amazing if it works like that!

There are old Android versions of the app where you can find the Token.
https://homey.guide/wp-content/uploads/apk/MiHome_6.6.602_64003_vevs.apk

It is a link hosted by a danish site with a lot of tips and tricks.
https://homey.guide

But how does he do that? Since you have to link the device using a token. I can spit out the token as well, but you need a token to spit out the token?

These are my test results. Indeed, other models than the S7 are not functioning with the ā€œIf the status has changedā€ trigger. I did not test other devices then the S5 Max because I think I know were to problem is. I will try and fix this in the next release.

Device: S5 Max
Settings: Polling 60 seconds, app version 1.3.2 stable

Tested by starting cleaning in the Xiaomi app. Same goed for pressing PAUSE, pressing DOCK (returning) and waiting for the robot to start charging etcetera.

Flowcard IF The status changed to ā€¦

Status changed to ā€¦ docked
WORKING > Auto trigger at polling frequency WHEN BATTERY WAS 100%

Status changed to ā€¦ cleaning
WORKING > Auto trigger at polling frequency

Status changed to ā€¦ charging

Status changed to ā€¦ stopped

Flowcard IF The status has changed

Cleaning > Pressed clean button in app 17:41
NOT WORKING

docked > Pressed docked button in app 17:44
NOT WORKING

charging > Could not test but probably not working
NOT TESTED

stopped > Pressed pause button in app 17:43
NOT WORKING

Device: S7
Settings: Polling 60 seconds, app version 1.3.2 stable

Tested by starting cleaning in the Xiaomi app. Same goed for pressing PAUSE, pressing DOCK (returning) and waiting for the robot to start charging etcetera.

Flowcard IF The status changed to ā€¦

Status changed to ā€¦ docked
WORKING > Auto trigger at polling frequency WHEN BATTERY WAS 100%

Status changed to ā€¦ cleaning

Status changed to ā€¦ charging

Status changed to ā€¦ stopped

Flowcard IF The status has changed

cleaning > Pressed clean button in app 17:53

paused > Pressed pause button in app 17:54

returning > Pressed return to dock button in app 17:56

charging > Auto trigger at polling frequency

docked > Auto trigger at polling frequency WHEN BATTERY WAS 100%

Yes me too. Room cleaning is preferred. Iā€™m waiting on the side line until room cleaning is available in this new app. Currently I have some ZigBee issues that has priority in my household.

I think itā€™s clear that you all want room cleanup to work first. I will roll back the zone cleanup by coordinates (since itā€™s not working as it should) and focus on this later on.

Next release has priority for room cleanup and the status has changed flow card.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Well that was a fast oneā€¦ Haha! The status card is already fixed, I found the issue. I always triggered the S7 model instead of the right model that has been chosen as device.

I can not test a stable version right now since iā€™m not home but I will test this bug this evening. If it works, I will patch this first before heading to the room cleanup.