[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

It was already set to “off” but I set it now to “first time” lets see if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Hi, I want to buy a new tv. I read all the threads of all tv apps and i believe the samsung app sounds promissing. I think about buying a QE55Q6. I saw this type once in this thread and it did not work well.

Q: does the app support all new samsung tv type and the Q6 aswell?

Thans Menne

Hi,

I need to update TV ip address, but it seems this is not possible anymore?

Hi,

Yes, wait for v. 1.6.2 of the app that has Ambient mode (KEY_AMBIENT).

1 Like

It’s in the store.

Great app, works fine! Just one question: What is the name of the key representing the Virtual Numeric Pad (123/red green yellow blue) button? I can’t find it in the key- list…

QE65Q90R user here, works like a charm

hi,

is there a key to change the source? es. from DVB-T to SAT? In homekit the TV is shown as swicth, maybe someone could fix also this?

best regards

Hi,

Have you tried “Red” / KEY_RED, “Green” / KEY_GREEN, … etc ?

Hi,

On my TV HDMI / KEY_HDMI switches between the different inputs.

HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4 does not work.

yep, no joy.
This button also gives access to the digital TV decoder controls (press Virt. number pad, then enter for “more” and I get the right controls (on off play pause) for my digital TV box. I was hoping with a series of left, right and enter keys I could turn it on.

the Digital TV key input gives no response by the way, I tried that already. Since this was the only button on my (unencrypted) remote that I was unable to emulate, I was hoping I just missed it, but perhaps there is some command still missing or so?

Anyway, thanks for the quick response. Highly appreciated

Version 1.7.0 is in app store, ready for testing:

This version has support for the SmartThings API.

By enabling the SmartThings API you will get two things:

• better check if the TV is on or off
  • easier to select input source
1 Like

Hello, how can i use the Smartthing API, i generated the tokne, how can i controll now the TV with the APi in homey? For example select the input source?

Best regards

Philipp

Hi,

Go to Adv, settings for the Samsung TV device, and enable SmartThings API and enter the token you created.

To set the input source, you must create a flow: “Set input source”.

thanks, i tried it, but i can’t swicth between SAT and DVB-T :frowning:

But you get a list of sources: SAT and DVB-T, for the “Set input source” - action ?

no only digitaTV and TV :frowning:

But is SAT and DVB-T input sources?

no unfortunately no

Sinds last 2 weeks I get an unknown error when I want the tv to shut down . Start up goes fine anyone?

Thnk!