[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

I can’t use the button . The tv doesn’t turn on or off

Does your TV support WOL ?

How can I find this function in the tv?

When can we expect this to come? :slight_smile: what do I miss out if I skip the SmartThings api connection? I use that now.

Hi!
This app works quite good. I would like to start flow Bedtime as soon as the tv turns off after 11 o clock. Unfortunately, the tv is sometimes in off status according to homey, while its actualy on.

Any ideas hoe to fix thus?

Hi,

If you read in this thread, you will see that people are experiencing that the app does not always reflect the real on / off state of the TV. That is due to the network interface of the TV is “on” even if the TV is off. So it’s hard for the TV to be correct on this.

You can use a wall plug for the TV, and check if the power consumption is less than 10 W. Then the TV is off… I use that myself.

Can you Share the flow for that? :slight_smile:

I think it has to do with the Ambiant Mode of the tv. I just replaced my Q7F with a brand new Q800T and now i’m experiencing the same issues. Isn’t there a way to disable the checking of the network interface and just do it with the SmartThings API? Although it had the TV in ON state when turned into Ambiant mode too.

Unfortunately I haven’t found a way to disable the ambiant mode all together.

It’s a very basic flow, just buy any powerplug with power metering. I’ve created a var called tvOn with yes/no value.

Flow 1:

If power changes
And power is less than 100
And tvOn is Yes
Then set value of tvOn to NO

Flow2:

If power changes
And power is more than 140
And tvOn is NO
Then set value of tvOn to YES

Obviously you can extend and incorporate these values into any other flows. For example we have a photoframe with a bright light just in front of the tv. With the TV turned on it is really annoying, so turning on the TV turns OFF this photoframe.

The Set value tv to no, how do you do that? :slight_smile:

What do you mean? The created var in the logic section?

Hi,
Tried searching for an answer but no luck:
I am using the launch video on youtube with my “the frame”. My problem is that the tv askes " do you want to start this video". I want it to start the video without asking the question and me having to press “yes”.

I am trying to start a fireplace-video when i enter the room of the tv (using a motion sensor to start it before ive enetered the room).

Send a key “enter” a few seconds after…

1 Like

Ah. Offcorse!
Thank you for your help…should have thought about that one myself.
This have however led me to identify another problem. When wifi-connected the tv takes too long to start the youtube video. I want it connected via cable. But when i connect it through my router via cabel i cant control it with homey anymore. Tried re-installing via app in homey but cant find the tv. Are there any solution?
Best regards,
Edvard

When switching from WiFi to cable your tv gets an note ip, so change it in the device settings or add a new device.

Yepp. That i was expecting and i have tryed getting around this problem; My problem is that (when connecting via cable) my tv is connected to a router (router B) wich in turn is connected to my wifi router (router A). This means that the adress to router B is 192.168.1.150 and router B assigns the TV with the ip adress 10.0.0.2. I have tryed both these ips with no luck. When trying to re-add the tv it isnt found.

Fix your home network, much better than trying to figure what needs to get done to open ports. But getting offtopic and way beyond what a app can do.

Sadly no way to fix it since the A router is on the first floor and the B router is on the third with no way of adding extra cables between them (and I have three more devices needing to be cable-connected on the third floor).
Agree, this is OT. If someone has a solution please send me a message.

Great app!!! After switching to KPN I have bought a new Samsung TV to use (and launch :slight_smile: the KPN iTV app. I saw this app when creating a flow for my downstairs TV in the list but after installing the new TV, restarting the app on Homey I can’t find it anymore. Today I created a smarthing api token, restarted the app once more but I still can’t find the KPN app. Did I do something wrong or is this app deleted?

Oke, thanks for the goed work.

I have an ue65js9000 it works Great but the tv wont turn on.

I cant find a setting for wake up lan. Is this still possible maybe to change a setting in the debug menu.