[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

Hi all, this is a great app but i have one question, i managed to stream a video with youtube but my TV is always asking me if i really want to play it? Is there a way to work around that and force it to play? Thnx!

I solved this with installing Smarthings on my tv, then added the RIng Doorbell to it, so now I get a live view everytime some comes.

You can send an “Enter” key with a delay after starting the video.

1 Like

V. 1.8.0 is ready for testing:

• Fetching volume state for TVs that support UPnP
  • Fixes for ‘Is app running’ condition
  • Fixes for ‘Launch app’ action

Here’s the existing list that is used for TVs that does not support fetching installed apps. If you need other apps, please let me know.

2 Likes

Well this was good, I was just about to tell I couldn’t launch the Netflix app cause it gave an error, saw this update, installed it and it worked right of the bat :slight_smile: Awesome :slight_smile:

Another question @balmli can you share you flow for determine if watt is below 50w and then mark it as offline?
Thanks for awesome work.

1 Like

I have fill in the api code but i don’t get a list with input sources. Who can help?

V. 1.8.1 is ready for testing:

• Fixes for power on / off
2 Likes

My TV = Samsung (encrypted)
“Send Key” seems not to work.
I would like to swiths between “HDMI 1” and “HDMI 2” by the “send key” card in a flow, but this doesn’t work. Any suggestion ?

Have you tried sending the “HDMI” key ?

yes … also this doesn’t work

V. 1.8.2 is ready for testing:

• Added action to manually set the power state
1 Like

Hi Balmli,

Sounds logical :stuck_out_tongue:
I will try tonight and see if that works.

Thank you!

“Fixes for power on / off.” My tv is off, but shows online on the Homey icon.

Have you enabled SmartThings ?

Hi! Thanks for a great app!! Turning on my TV via Homey only works 1 out of 20 times. I can’t figure out why, and any help is greatly appreciated.

The TV is a SAMSUNG 65" 4K UHD QLED TV QE95Q9FNAT - with WOL support as far as My understanding goes…

I did, but I generated a new token, and now it works, so I don’t know if my token was faulty, but now it worked like a charm =) Thank you!

1 Like

Hi in my case if i turn off my TV it will go off in the app but after some time in the app it s changing from on to off and so on. i also use smatthings api with the token (did also a new one but it s still the same)

@Martin_Tschanun
Can you install the latest test-version and test that ?

Hi @balmli i already have the 1.8.3 version installed.

@Martin_Tschanun
I see that sometimes the mobile app does not stay in sync with Homey / app, at least on iOS / iPhone.
Can you hard restart the mobile app and then see if the status has been updated?
And can you check the onoff status if you look at the device on https://my.homey.app/ ?
It’s also possible to search for the device if you open this link Homey Developer
and check the “onoff” capability for the TV-device.
I will appreciate help testing this :slight_smile: