Control Shelly devices with Homey
App Store Page: https://homey.app/a/cloud.shelly/
This Homey app allows you to control a variety of Shelly devices. New Shelly devices are released to the market at a steady pace. Support for missing devices will be added in the future if requested based on my available time and ability to add support without actually owning the device.
Add your Shelly device in Homey just like you would add any other device. Enter the IP address and the polling frequency in the pairing wizard. If you have set a username and password to access your Shelly device you need to enter these during pairing as well. Connect the device and you are good to go.
Using the button action trigger card
Most Shelly devices are capable of notifying Homey when a specific action has taken place. For instance a short- or longpress of a switch. If you have a supported device and you want to be able to use this functionality you will need to perform an extra action.
- Open the settings of your Shelly device through the Homey app by long pressing the device and selecting the cogwheel.
- Select the option “Maintenance Actions” (if this is not available for your device then it does not support these actions)
- Click the option “Set callback URLs for triggers” and wait for confirmation
What this does is update your Shelly device and let the device know how to notify Homey when a specific action has taken place. The Shelly app for Homey will register these events and trigger the “Action event” card. This card is available under the app (and not under any of your Shelly devices) and it has a flow tags which contains the actual action, the name of the device that triggered it and the ID of the device that triggered it. You can use these tokens to filter on within your flows. The steps for creating a flow are as followed:
- Create flow
- Add trigger action card from the Shelly app (not from any of your devices) called “Action event”
- Add a Logica condition card for filtering on the name of the device using the Name token
- Add a Logica condition card for filtering on the action you want this flow to trigger on using the Action token
- Add your actions
If you dont know the action name to filter on you you can first create a flow with this trigger card and an action card wich sends the action as a notification to your mobile using the Action token.
Allterco Robotics, the company behind the Shelly devices, is releasing new products very often. If you want a device added to this app which is currently missing you have three options:
- If you own the device you can send me the output of http://yourshellyip/status. This tells me the capabilities and the way the API is implemented for that device.
- Wait for the API documentation to be updated. Based on the documentation I can add the device. Allterco Robotics is slow in updating their API documentation however.
- Donate me money so I can buy the device or send me the device itself so I can add support using the actual device.
I enjoy creating apps for Homey and try to support them as best as I can. But if you enjoy using my apps a donation in return for the time I put into this is much appreciated.