This post contains all information about the v3.x release of my app.
What about v1.x?
This version is not being updated anymore as it’s too much work to keep maintaining two versions of my app. I’m aware that the functionality for the action events isnt working anymore. If you depend on this functionality keep reading. There might be other stuff not working anymore as well.
Version 3.x is a major release containing a lot of changes and improvements, see the changelog below. Most notable changes are refactoring for SDK3 and the replacement of the polling mechanism by a coap listener (which should bring faster device updates and less network traffic). Because of the refactoring to SDK3 this version requires Homey firmware 5.x which is currently still in the experimential channel. Unfortuntely it’s taking Athom forever to stabilize.
If you are not on Homey firmware 5.x but you want to use the new features added in 3.x you can upgrade at your own risk, or wait for Athom to release it to the stable channel. Once you are on firmware 5.x you can install the release from the test channel in the app store: https://homey.app/a/cloud.shelly/test/
Just be aware, once you have installed the 3.0.0 release it’s not adviced to go back to the 1.x version as there are too many breaking changes between these releases.
v3.0.18 - 2021-xx-xx
- Refactored the app to use SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x) and homeycompose to make it futureproof
- Refactored the app and replaced the polling mechanism for a CoAP listener. Everything related to polling has been removed. This will greatly reduce network traffic and should result in faster updates of the devices in Homey when the state of a device is changed, for instance when a door/window sensor is triggered
- Improved the way the triggercard for “Action event” works. It now uses CoAP for communication as well, this means this release will remove all HTTP callbacks from the Shelly devices if Homey detects a Shelly device that is using them.
- Impoved the action event triggercard itself has as well, you can now select the device and action which should trigger the flow instead of having to use tokens. This might require updating your flows to keep it working though.
- Added support for the Shelly Uni
- Added support for the Shelly 1L
- Added support for the new Shelly Bulb RGBW, pair it as Shelly Bulb
- Added support for Shelly Motion although it might need to be paired manually for now
- Added a mechanism that will update the device IP address if it detects a paired Shelly that has been added under a different IP address than it’s currently available in the network. Useful for people that have not assigned static IP addresses to their devices.
- Added trigger flowcard for when an overpowered event takes places for the devices Plug, Plug-s, 1PM/L, 2, 25, Dimmer, 3EM, EM, RGBW2Color and RGBW2White
- Added condition flowcard for checking if there is a new firmware available
- Added action flowcard for updating the firmware
- Added action flowcard for the Shelly 2(.5) Roller Shutter allowing you to change the roller shutter back to a previously saved state
- Added action events for the Shelly RGBW2 Color and RGBW2 White.
- Added alarm capabilities and a generic triggercard called “Input state changed” for all Shelly devices which support the SW terminal and/or external input. This was already available for the Shelly Dimmer but I refactored this to make it generic. If you are using the custom trigger or condition cards for the inputs of the Shelly Dimmer you will have to update your flows to make this work.
- Made the trigger cards for the optional temperature sensors of the Shelly 1 and Shelly 2 more generic to support the Shelly Uni as well. This will require you to update any flows using these trigger cards.
- Updated the effect card for the Shelly RGBW2 Color allowing you to stop an effect.
- Removed voltage for battery powered devices as it’s not available under the CoAP protocol
- Removed or replaced the meter power in wmin for the default meter power in Wh for all devices where applicable
- Removed the power usage and consumption from the second device of the Shelly 2 Relay as this device does not measures these values per relay individually. If you use the values from the second device in your flows update the flows to use the values from the first device.
- Removed the relay capability from the second and third device of a Shelly 3EM as there is only one relay for this device. If you use the relay from the second or third device in your flows please update the flows to use the values from the first device.
- Replaced the custom “meter power consumed” capability for the Shelly EM and Shelly 3EM with the default “meter power” capability. If you are using the triggercard for consumed power you will have to update your flows.
- Fixed an issue with the action tag for the Shelly i3 not showing which channel triggered the action.
- Fixed an issue with the tilt trigger card of the Shelly DW2 sensor
- Fixed an issue with dimming in color and white mode for the Shelly Bulb
- Fixed an issue with setting the temperature in white mode for the Shelly Bulb
- Fixed an issue with manual pairing of Shelly 2.5 Relay and Roller Shutter
- Various minor code improvements which should improve overall performance