[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

How do you controll the Shelly 2.5 Rollershutter ?

For example bright sun lights => Screen down
Too high winds => Screen up
Together with time controll?

Which external devices to use?
How to set it up?

Me too
Maybe there is a beta version?

Hi, I tried to install the Duo Lamp. After selecting the IP adres of my lamp, the installation asks if I want to upload an icon, or use the standard.
With both options I get a next page with only the text ‘select Icon’, and the rest of the page is blank.

There is no button, only a cross to abort.
So the installation will never be successful.

I also tried to restart the app, but no success.

Make sure the light has the latest firmware.

Thanks for the fast response. I updated the firmware to the latest version, and now it works.

My Uni gives a comparable problem: adc value is never updated and shown in Homey (I use latest firmware for Uni and also for Homey). On Shelly web ui it is shown and also in /status page (as adcs: voltage). I would be happy if I could use this voltage in Homey!!

Fixed ! It was the firmware…

Hi @Phuturist unfortunatly after upgrade to Homey 7.0 seem that shelly app reboot homey .
I reset to factory , install app but when install shelly app, homey reboot.
Please can you tell me if there is a beta version to test?
Thanks

This is most likely not an issue with my app but with Homey and your network configuration. I would have heard more people about it if it was my app. Sounds a lot like this issue Shelly app causes Homey to restart continuously and show a red ring · Issue #28 · jghaanstra/cloud.shelly · GitHub.

Best is to contact Athom about it or look into your network configuration.

Question: (I didn’t went tru the full topic, sorry)

Can I add a device thru Shelly cloud which is not on the same network?
(For example holiday home)

Thanks

No

1 Like

Thank’s @Phuturist i read post and found the problem that for me is notbrelated to Shelly app or Homey System.
I have a Synology NAS with AFP and Bonjure service enable, i disabke this service and shutdown NAS.
I successfully create a shelly device in homey.
No i try to re-start NAS and i will keep you informed.

Thanks again
Marco

Ok. It’s related to Homey though and the way it handles mDNS requests. Somehow Homey is flooded when there are a lot of mDNS messages being broadcasted.

@Phuturist all back normally with NAS poweron.
Now one question, adding shelly 1PM i didn’t find optional to esclude power for total consumpion.
How i can disabile sum of this consumpion from homey because i use a shelly EM to summarize total.
What is it option make cumulative?
Thanks
Marco

Perhaps by making it a cumulative device.

Perhaps by making it a cumulative device.

and this is now clear , thanks!
problem is that Shelly EM have a double option to make cumulative, both in advance option .

• First option named Make cumulatice in English under User Settings
  • Second option named Includi nel totale in Italian under Energy tab, option already present in previus version

After you explanation, i understand that both option do the same think, add energy value on total consumtion, but problem is that for example i have first setup as No and second setup as yes.

Which option is used? which option i should use?

thanks

I dont know. I never used the Energie functionality of Homey. All I did was set the "energy": {"cumulative": true } as described in the developer documentation. Unless someone from the community can answer your question you are better of asking Athom about this.

When I use the “dim to” card on a dimmer 2 it also switches on the light.
I would like to set a dimlevel without switching on the light (you can always add a “switch on” card to turn it on after “dim to”). I believe it worked like that some time ago, might be wrong about that
Is it like this on purpose? Can i work around it?

It’s been this way since the introduction of the Dimmer driver in november 2019. And yes, it’s on purpose as most people will probably want to turn the lights to the actual dim level when setting it. The work around is setting the dim level when you actually need it to be changed instead of when the light is off.

1 Like

No problem, I’ll work around it.
However, when I use “switch on” the light goes on softly to the (current dimlevel, fe 100%), which is nice. When I use “dim level” the light goes to 100% immediatly and seems to discard the Shelly fade settings (less nice :wink: )

I’ll just set the dimlevel at sunset/sunrise and immedialty switch off or something like that

1 Like