[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Why does the Shelly have to be pushed twice to react?
In the main menu of shelly the setup is momentary on and of why doesn’t it work like that?

Thanks! Works again :smiley: !!

question about the dimmer 2: when I want to switch on the light at a certain dimsetting, f.e. dimmed during night and full during day I can use the card “Dim to x%” depending on the rules

However, the light then goes on without a transition, i.o.w. it is immediatly on. This it not when I use the “turn on” card (then the light goes on slowly according to the shelly settings). But I can’t use the “dim to x%” to set it to a certain level and then turn it on, because it’s already on then

I thought this was just how it worked, but when I go to the Shelly UI with the light of and then select a dimlevel with the slider, the light turns on to the dimlevel WITH a transition

So “dim to” in Shelly app works different from “dim to” command through Shelly UI

Is that something that can be fixed?

Not sure. My guess on what is going on. When using the dim card (or dim to % card) the first action is to actually turn the light on (which probably respects the set transition) because by default only setting a dim value does not turn the light on. Immediatly after it sends the set dim level which overrides the default onoff transition set in the Shelly app with the set dim transition timer or the default 500 milliseconds. Perhaps combining the command to one request might be a solution. Could you test this command where you play with the values for brightness (dim level 1-100) and transition (transition time in milliseconds):

http://[yourshellydimmerip]/light/0?turn=on&brightness=50&transition=500

When I use this command it works (turns on with transition to wanted dimlevel)

Could you implement this somehow?

I’ll add it in a next release, not sure when that will be though.

no hurries, tnx

@Phuturis in the latest app version the device “shelly 1PM” is changed to “Shelly (plus) 1PM”
This longer name results in the IP adres being cut off (when adding a device).
If theres more it will be hard to determine the correct one.

Adding a shelly 1PM device fails. App v3.4.5
1 select shelly (plus) 1PM
2 connect
3 device IP of my shelly 1PM is found
4 i use the standard icon
5 the install does not get to the next step and fails on a timeout.
Tested in homey app on iPad, web app on ipad and web app on pc. All same behaviour
This step goes well

Pressing the green button results in this screen, that times out

Ok

See the troubleshooting guide.

Did not find that one yet… thanks.
In the meantime I managed to add the device. Just trying many many times it finally succeeded.

I happened to do the troubleshoot tips (update shelly firmware, update shelly app, reboot homey etc) but they did not seem to help.

Could you send the a diagnostic report from the app settings. Perhaps there is something in there that’s useful for me.

Done, see pm

As most of the times the log is completely useless. Can’t really say what’s going on. I’m considering it as an incident as there are no other reports.

Question. i have a Shelly 1PM connected to normal light with a simple on / off switch. Now I also have a motion sensor which turns the light on for 5, which usually is enough time.

I however would like to create a flow which disables the timer so the light stays on for a unlimited time.

What trigger should I use. Input changed doesn’t seem to work. And since it is no momentary switch I cannot use the global action card.

Based on what event do you want to cancel the timer?

Based on a button flip of the physical switch connected to sw1

I dont quite grasp your setup. Flipping the button does not turn off the light when it’s turned on after motion? It’s in detached mode?

Yes it does, but I want it to also switch off the timer. Let me explain a little bit more.

Is a device in my barn. When getting stuff from one of the shelves it is sufficient to have the light on only for 10 mins. So I h ave a motion from shelly triggering on motion and starting the timer. With starting the timer it then turns on the light.

Now sometimes I want to work for a longer time in the barn. 10 min is then not sufficient, and I don’t know how much will. So I would like to create a flow, if there is a physical button flip ánd the 10 min timer is running, then keep the light turned on but disable the timer. This way it won’t turn of the light. Because turning off the light is handled by the finish of the timer.

Hopefull I made myself a bit more clear.

btw, the switch is configured like edge switch, so with every flip it turns on and off. I could ofcoure set it to detached, and create flows for the same behavior, but then when Homey is offline i can’t turn on the light at all anymore.

During this time, are you out reach of the motionsensor?

Sounds to me the better (not cheaper) solution would be to add another motionsensor.
As long as there is motion detected the light should not turn off…

If I understand correctly your switch is connected to the shelly directly?
If that is the case you will not be able to prevent the light from switching off when flipping the switch when the light is on
But you could make a flow that does switch on the light on again immidiately after the light was switched off using the switch. (Weird, but possible)