[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Have you assigned static IP addresses in your router for your Shelly devices. My guess is that their IP addresses changed. You can check this by comparing the IP address from the device settings with the IP address in your router.

all ip addresses are fixed to me in the router from installation

The above screenshot does not tell anything about fixed IP’s but I’ll believe your word for it. Could you restart the app and then send me a diagnostic report after one minute.

Its not better it is no better it has gotten worse there are more devices lost

ThĂŠ diagnostische rapport 65ee1e66-74d1-4804-8311-10956071a537

There is not much in the log that would explain the devices not being available. I do see something that I probably need to fix but that’s unrelated to devices being offline.

You do seem to have a flow that sends a command to a Shelly RGB White every 5 seconds. That seems like a badly configured flow that might cause to app to not work properly. You should look into that.

And could you tell me to what polling frequency you have configured your devices.

by polling frequency do you mean the wifi frequency?

it is strange that every x the dimmers appear are with the shelly app does everything

could it also be that homey can’t handle it?

No, the polling frequency under the device settings in Homey.

If you have badly configured flows that send a lot of command I can image this effects the performs of my app and Homey in general. As mentioned before, you need to check these flows.

We polling frequentie not change its standard

We have see it what its the best frequentie for the lamp?

5 seconds should be fine.

(under the condition that you are not executing a command every 5 seconds from a badly configured flow)

Standaard its 5sec

We have change thĂŠ frequenties en restart app and the dimmers do not reconnected

We can dimmer deleted but not new import look screen

Interesting, that looks like a bug in Homey itself. Could you report that to Athom (where devices in the pair screen give a red triangle). It’s probably only optical though, what happens when you click on the device to pair it.

Ok dat its not good we push the button hè do nothing, I paused and reinstalled the app and hè did it now

I an 5min happy but now first dimmer its stopping

How is the WiFi connection to your dimmer, is it close to your router of far away?