[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

How can this i am not understand this

c61137f0-f9ef-4fb7-b1d2-9b24732f0c3a

Morning I only ordered a homey pro, maybe the slowness is solved with that, I also have 20 apps running and a total of 90 devices

Question, when do you add the shelly smoke detector?

You are the first to request support this device. My experience with Homey integration of the Shelly devices that use batteries are pretty bad though. These devices only wake up periodically to report their status. Homey has no way of knowing when they wake up and might miss the window when polling the device and thus not update the status within Homey. That said, please submit a feature request on Github. I’ll pick it up when I have some time.

Thanks. It’s better then the z-wave smoke detectors I guess because it works via wifi?

No, there is no better or worse here for the protocols.
Z-wave makes your batteries live longer, but if distance is large and no relays (z-wave devices on fixed power) then wifi could be a better choice.

The only thing what counts is: does the smoke detector actuality detect smoke and report that to the homey using a push message (instead of a frquent pull from the homey)?

According to the API documentation of the smoke detector it does not (yet) support push messages. I have already requested this functionality at Allterco Robotics (the company behind Shelly) but never got a response. So based on the documentation and my experience I’d say you might actually miss an incoming signal of detected smoke on Homey side. Ofcourse the detector itself would make a lot of noise.

There is something wrong with the app.
The shelly 1 and 1pm wont work any longer since last update.
The devices are unreachable.
See screenshote

No there is not, you should update your devices to the latest firmware. That will fix your issue.

1 Like

v1.19.0 - 2020-04-17

Added support for the Shelly Smoke Detector.

Hi Guys, as we know the Roller shutter Position isnt like the real cover ammount of the window.
Is it possible to add an Option to correct the shutter Position?
So that closing/open to 50% the window Cover go to 50% and not like now to 33% or 66%?

I dont own a roller shutter myself but why is the position not in sync with the real window. You can calibrate the Shelly from the official Shelly app right?

My shellys are calibrated and thats a known issue, but no one cares about it. Only on Custom Firmware like domotica or raven it is possible To correct the closing positions.

The shutter Position Looks like:

App : open to 67%
On window real cover position 1/2 (50%)

App : open to 50%
On window real Cover position 1/3 (33%)
App: open to 33%
On window real Cover Position 1/4( 80%)

Any plans for adding the Shelly eye?

Missing devices

Allterco Robotics, the company behind the Shelly devices, is releasing new products very often. If you want a device added to this app which is currently missing you have three options:

1. Wait for the API documentation to be updated. Based on the documentation I can add the device. Allterco Robotics is slow in updating their API documentation however.
  2. Donate me money so I can buy the device or send me the device itself so I can add support using the actual device.
  3. If you own the device you can send me the output of http://yourshellyip/status . This tells me the capabilities and the way the API is implemented for that device.
1 Like

Did read that part, but maybe you were already on it. Saves me the trouble buying one, sending output and then finding out it’s not really suitable to work with Homey :slight_smile:

I have a shelly: SHRGBW2 and SHSW-1
and with both devices after several days I get a problem and can not controll them any more with homey. With the shelly app I can controll them and I even see there webinterface.

At the moment I can not even add them again. Homey says the device is ‘EUNREACHABLE’ or something like this.
My shellys are connectet over a repeater and not directly to the router like homey. Can this be a problem? Both have a static IP

I hope anyone can help me.

Try to restart Homey.

Hello iy. I am a system administrator for many years. If I can something then it is to turn stuff off and on again. :slight_smile::upside_down_face:
I have now reinstalled the app and some reboots and it works again. Let’s see how long.