[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

This could happen if you added the Shelly EM a long time ago (and the device was saved using a different way to built the device identifier in Homey) or if the hostname of the Shelly EM changed, for instance due to a firmware update. The hostname is used as unique identifier when adding a Shelly to Homey.

I think you mean that it breaks Homey :wink:

And as @Phuturist states on Github: Athom has given this problem a low priority, so don’t expect a fix any time soon :frowning:

Yes sorry…
unfortunately now Shelly device added is no more reached… remove device and try to add unsuccessfully… now add function no more device are discovery.

Sorry for my English… :crazy_face:
What can I test…shutdown NAS?

Can it still be controlled by the Shelly app? What’s the IP and is it in the same subnet as the homey is.

You can disable the Bonjour service on your Synology.

Yes…same subnet.
:expressionless:

Given that Homeys may crash on Bonjour traffic, it wouldn’t surprise me if the SDK’s discovery mechanism is just broken and can reach some sort of state where it doesn’t work anymore. Have you tried rebooting your Homey?

Several dimmer 2 Wieling. But with one I lost contact and cannt connect. The last stap!
Screenshot_2021-01-11-13-05-06-
032_app.homey|230x500

What does EhostUnreach means? Every dimmer has his own ip, checkend.

That Homey was unable to find the device on the network. If you’re sure the IP address for the device is correct, and the device is accessible through the official Shelly app, I would write it down to Homey’s unstable network stack.

Already disabled…unfortunatly.
Still no shelly device found, i run som test.
keep forum informed

Reboot Homey and your Shelly devices and try again. Homey’s discovery is sometimes flaky.

This indeed seems to be the case sometimes. It’s either something in the network setup like devices being on a seperated LAN or it’s Homey’s network stack that is being flaky. What do you see when you access the URL from the error through a browser? Does it give a response? If it does and your Homey is in the same subnet as the Shelly and the computer you tested the URL with it’s definitely Homey’s network stack that is somehow not able to reach your Shelly (for instance because it cant keep up with all the traffic when there are a lot of WiFi connected devices).

Does anybody know if the problems with the detached switch mode with the Shelly 1L are fixed?

Is it possible to add Shelly 1L in FW 4.2 ?
I tried to install shelly app 3.0.7 and it’s not allow me: [incompatible_app_version]

Possible yes, but I’m not going to. Sorry. It’s a PITA having to maintain multiple versions.

A little background, I believe Athom asked the developers somewhere in July 2020 to make their apps ready for firmware 5.x. Although my app would already work on firmware 5.x I decided to completely rewrite the app in SDK3. Worked hard on it as well to be ready on time. It’s now January 2021 and we are 50 “release candidates” further and there is no indication that Athom is near a stable 5.x firmware. I’m pretty much done with how Athom communicates, specifically to the community developers.

4 Likes

@Phuturist big thanx for you effort. Shelly integration works excelent in Homey. Im testing Hubitat C7 hub currently, and the way how Shelly is integrated in it, is uncomparable (much advanced in Homey).
All users have option to go for experimental if they want new app features, or can wait until stable v5. Just dont take it personally, because you are doing amazing job!

1 Like

Thank you for your work! May be there is a trick how to add 1L by selecting different device?

P.S.
I was able to find trick and add 1L in v1.25.6 and FW4.2
Open file app.json and find line 277, change to
“value”: “^shelly1?l-|pm-”

@Phuturist I purchased a EM Shelly meter and added it to Homey. In Shelly original app the Total Consumed Energy is reported in KWh while in your app in Wh. This is not a big problem but as far this value is increasing a lot during time , it would be probably better having it in KWh (simply Wh/1000) and also it would make more sense expressed in KWh.
Also Total Returned Energy would be nicer in KWh.

Please accept my compliments as this App is the most stable app of my Homey! It seams you make things easy but it is not.

Thanx for the compliments.

This has already changed in the 3.x version of the app. For more info on this see: [APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

Wow … I didn’t switch to the Experimental yet! Now I did it and everything is fine. Sorry for not having looked it before.

Hi @Phuturist and @robertklep i finally resolve all my issue about new shelly version (3.0.7) and new hpmey FW (5.0.0-rc.53) using a brute force solution… :laughing:
I resatore to factory default my Fortinet Switch, Fortinet AP and now all works fine, probably my last change in network configuration set my Fortigate/Fortiswitch and FortiAP in a strange state.

Byaway now i can use without problem all my shelly device!
I can confirme also that i still have disable Bonjour servise on my Synology NAS.

By away, now i would like to ask you this 3 question:

1. is shelly button 1 supported?
  2. how i can start a flow using this shelly button 1?
  3. can i run a flow with an external url to my local shelly pro IP ?
  4. is 3.0.7 latest version?
    thanks
    Marco
Summary

This text will be hidden