[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi,
Is the Shelly Motion already supported?

{
"wifi_sta": {"connected": true,"ssid": "<SSID>","ip": "<IP>","rssi": -50},"cloud": {"enabled": true,"connected": true},"mqtt": {"connected": false},"time": "22:42","unixtime": 1614292940,"serial": 40,"has_update": false,"mac": "60A4239928BE","cfg_changed_cnt": 0,"sleep_time": 0,"actions_stats": {"skipped": 0},"lux": {"value":182,"illumination": "twilight","is_valid": true},"sensor": {"motion": true,"vibration": false,"timestamp": 1614292880,"active": true,"is_valid": true},"bat":  {"value":99,"voltage": 4.162},"charger": false,"update": {"status": "unknown","has_update": false,"new_version": null,"old_version": "20210211-193341/v1.0.3@770a8cb1","beta_version": null},"ram_total": 65536,"ram_free": 62888,"fs_size": 65536,"fs_free": 59664,"uptime": 1653,"active/sleep_ratio": 0.01,"ps_mode": 1
}

SETTINGS:

{
"device": {"type": "SHMOS-01","mac": "60A4239928BE","hostname": "shellymotionsensor-60A4239928BE","num_outputs": 0},"wifi_ap": {"enabled": false,"ssid": "shellymotionsensor-60A4239928BE"},"wifi_sta": {"enabled":true,"ssid":"<SSID>","ipv4_method":"static","ip":"<IP>","gw":"<GW>","mask":"255.255.255.0","dns":null},"mqtt": {"enable":false,"server":"192.168.33.2:1883","user":null,"id":"shellymotionsensor-60A4239928BE","clean_session":true,"max_qos":0,"retain":false,"update_period":3600},"sntp": {"server": "time.google.com","enabled": true},"login": {"enabled": false,"unprotected": false,"username": "admin","auth_type": "basic","default_username": "admin"},"pin_code": "DoZW!e","name": null,"fw": "20210211-193341/v1.0.3@770a8cb1","discoverable": true,"build_info": {"build_id": "20210211-193341/v1.0.3@770a8cb1","build_timestamp": "2021-02-11T19:33:41Z","build_version": "2021021119"},"cloud": {"enabled": true},"coiot": {"enabled": true,"update_period":3600},"timezone": "Europe/Amsterdam","lat": 52277.000000,"lng": 4747.000000,"tzautodetect": true,"tz_utc_offset": 3600,"tz_dst": false,"tz_dst_auto": true,"time": "22:47","sleep_time": 0,"motion":  {"sensitivity": 50,"blind_time_minutes": 5,"pulse_count": 1,"operating_mode": 0,"enabled": true},"tamper_sensitivity": 2,"led_status_disable": false,"dark_threshold": 100,"twilight_threshold":  500,"schedule": false,"schedule_rules": [],"hwinfo": {"hw_revision": "dev-prototype","batch_id": 0}
}

Very much possible. You can check the actual status of the input yourself under http://yourshellyip/status. There will be an input object that contains the status.

Can you restart the app and send me a crash report from the app settings afterwards. This does sound like a bug.

Yes, in the v3 version of the app. Read some previous posts.

Oh nice!
I see I still have version 6.3.1 of Homey and v1.25.6 of ā€œShelly APPā€ in homey.

I should follow the Github route, homey compose?

[Found it: Shelly | Homey Reading in the diff between v1 and v3 nowā€¦]

No. Read this: [APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

And thanx for the donation, much appreciated ā€¦ :pray:

This is the status file:

{"wifi_sta":{"connected":true,"ssid":"","ip":"","rssi":-66},"cloud":{"enabled":true,"connected":true},"mqtt":{"connected":false},"time":"22:58","unixtime":1614293919,"serial":214,"has_update":false,"mac":"BCDDC2770B4D","cfg_changed_cnt":3,"actions_stats":{"skipped":0},"relays":[{"ison":false,"has_timer":false,"timer_started":0,"timer_duration":0,"timer_remaining":0,"source":"http"}],"meters":[{"power":0.00,"is_valid":true}],"inputs":[{"input":0,"event":"L","event_cnt":50}],"ext_sensors":{},"ext_temperature":{},"ext_humidity":{},"update":{"status":"idle","has_update":false,"new_version":"20210115-102904/v1.9.4@e2732e05","old_version":"20210115-102904/v1.9.4@e2732e05","beta_version":"20210209-101435/v1.10.0-rc2-g0cf9ee3-heads/v1.10.0-rc2"},"ram_total":50704,"ram_free":37368,"fs_size":233681,"fs_free":144074,"uptime":118483}

From that Iā€™d take it that the input is 0- off? But the status in the homey app is showing as on with last input from 4hrs agoā€¦

Do you see the value of the input change when that PIR detects motion?

If so, do other Shelly device updates come in at all in Homey? Sounds to me your network is misconfigured for receiving the CoAP updates which are send by Shelly devices. For more information, see the second post in this issue: Lost status/polling after upgrade to version 3.x Ā· Issue #107 Ā· jghaanstra/cloud.shelly Ā· GitHub

Ok done a little more testingā€¦

Yes I can see the input change in the shelly app when the PIR activates, so fortunately not the PIR function. Input also changes to 1 and back again with in the http://shellyip/status page but doesnā€™t update in homey app.

For info on the 3EM- the error message I get is" Device is unreachable: Cannot read property ā€˜0ā€™ of undefined" - like I said, it is recognised and added happily by the homey app but unreachable after that.

I run a fully Unifi network, and have disabled IGMP snooping as described in the chain you linked. This doesnā€™t appear to make any difference. All devices (except the 3EM) appear to change state in the homey app when switched for instance- Shelly bulbs and even the shelly1 that Iā€™m struggling with the input- they can be switched on and off directly from homey with the relevant icon updating, so I donā€™t think itā€™s a network issueā€¦

As mentioned before, reboot the app and send me a crash report from the app settings.

Send a command from Homey uses REST API (which will work independent of network configuration) updating the state uses CoAP (which gives issues on some networks). Do you also see the state of a device change when you control the device through itā€™s webinterface or the official Shelly app? If it does itā€™s indeed not a network issue and we have some code debugging to do.

I canā€™t get the flow work that way. If i activate the external input not activate the flow, but if i test the flow and do it by hand it does. That could be wrong?

You are filtering on incorrect values. Start with a flow:

IF: trigger card input state changed
ACTION: Send notification to user with ā€œtoken inputā€ + ā€œtoken stateā€

This will tell you what value the tokens have when the input state changes and you can then correctly filter on them.

v3.0.17 - 2021-xx-xx

• Added compatibility for Motion Sensor firmware 1.10.0. For Motion Sensors that have been paired before version 3.0.17 and are updated to firmware 1.10.0 you will need to enter your Homey IP address under the CoAP settings of the motion sensor (webinterface > internet & security > coap).
  • Preparations for switching from CoAP multicast to unicast when more Shelly devices start supporting this (unicast is more efficient and less likely to give issues on certain network configurations)

For more information on installing version 3.x see [APP] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

This is most likely the release that will be published to all users in the stable channel if no more issues occur.

1 Like

Crash report for the 3em:

48739074-ae29-4f4f-a59a-9c1fc22dee2c

Will keep trying with the sensors and their reportingā€¦

v3.0.18 - 2021-xx-xx

• Fix for Shelly 3EM devices going offline.

The 3.0.18 release has been submitted to the app store and is awaiting approval. It will replace the 1.x version of the app and contains a lot of changes. For the full changelog see [APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

3 Likes

My 3EM is back up and running beautifully with 3.0.18, thank you.

Will find instructions for sending REST instructions over the weekend.

Thanks for being so responsive, will also try and find donation instructions!

1 Like

@robertklep I have Homey 5 and it seems updated Shelly app (different UX while adding devices) but still no Shelly 1L on the list

Install the test version of the app: Shelly | Homey

1 Like

Hello,

i have a shelly dimmer 2. i still have not managed with version 3.0 of the app to trigger a scene with long press. if i long press the light is dimmed, the action is also executed, but that should not be the sense that every time the scene is executed when i dim?

with the shelly 1 it works, he has not the dimming function.

greetings

philipp

Hello,

does anyone use the shelly 1 with temperature sensor with the app vthermo? since 2 days the app vthermo does not recognize the shelly temperature sensor anymore, can this be due to the many updates of the shelly app?

greetings

philipp

Update from version 1.x to 3.x

The update from version 1.x to 3.x is a major update. The app has pretty much been rewritten and includes a lot of breaking changes. This paragraph will give some pointers to help you update.

1. First review the entire changelog below to see what changed and what you might need to fix.
  2. Fix any broken flows, some flow cards have changed or been replaced.
  3. If you are using the action event URLā€™s, try triggering them. The action event URL have been replaced by CoAP messages. By triggering them the v3.x version of my app will remove the deprecated action event URLā€™s from the Shelly devices.
  4. If you have issues receiving device status updates (after the initial update) please review the troubleshooting guides in the first post of this thread.

v3.0.18 - 2021-02-28

• Refactored the app to use SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x) and homeycompose to make it futureproof
  • Refactored the app and replaced the polling mechanism for a CoAP listener. Everything related to polling has been removed. This will greatly reduce network traffic and should result in faster updates of the devices in Homey when the state of a device is changed, for instance when a door/window sensor is triggered
  • Improved the way the triggercard for ā€œAction eventā€ works. It now uses CoAP for communication as well, this means this release will remove all HTTP callbacks from the Shelly devices if Homey detects a Shelly device that is using them.
  • Impoved the action event triggercard itself has as well, you can now select the device and action which should trigger the flow instead of having to use tokens. This might require updating your flows to keep it working though.
  • Added support for the Shelly Uni
  • Added support for the Shelly 1L
  • Added support for the new Shelly Bulb RGBW, pair it as Shelly Bulb
  • Added support for Shelly Motion although it might need to be paired manually for now
  • Added a mechanism that will update the device IP address if it detects a paired Shelly that has been added under a different IP address than itā€™s currently available in the network. Useful for people that have not assigned static IP addresses to their devices.
  • Added trigger flowcard for when an overpowered event takes places for the devices Plug, Plug-s, 1PM/L, 2, 25, Dimmer, 3EM, EM, RGBW2Color and RGBW2White
  • Added condition flowcard for checking if there is a new firmware available
  • Added action flowcard for updating the firmware
  • Added action flowcard for the Shelly 2(.5) Roller Shutter allowing you to change the roller shutter back to a previously saved state
  • Added action events for the Shelly RGBW2 Color and RGBW2 White.
  • Added alarm capabilities and a generic triggercard called ā€œInput state changedā€ for all Shelly devices which support the SW terminal and/or external input. This was already available for the Shelly Dimmer but I refactored this to make it generic. If you are using the custom trigger or condition cards for the inputs of the Shelly Dimmer you will have to update your flows to make this work.
  • Made the trigger cards for the optional temperature sensors of the Shelly 1 and Shelly 2 more generic to support the Shelly Uni as well. This will require you to update any flows using these trigger cards.
  • Updated the effect card for the Shelly RGBW2 Color allowing you to stop an effect.
  • Removed voltage for battery powered devices as itā€™s not available under the CoAP protocol
  • Removed or replaced the meter power in wmin for the default meter power in Wh for all devices where applicable
  • Removed the power usage and consumption from the second device of the Shelly 2 Relay as this device does not measures these values per relay individually. If you use the values from the second device in your flows update the flows to use the values from the first device.
  • Removed the relay capability from the second and third device of a Shelly 3EM as there is only one relay for this device. If you use the relay from the second or third device in your flows please update the flows to use the values from the first device.
  • Replaced the custom ā€œmeter power consumedā€ capability for the Shelly EM and Shelly 3EM with the default ā€œmeter powerā€ capability. If you are using the triggercard for consumed power you will have to update your flows.
  • Fixed an issue with the action tag for the Shelly i3 not showing which channel triggered the action.
  • Fixed an issue with the tilt trigger card of the Shelly DW2 sensor
  • Fixed an issue with dimming in color and white mode for the Shelly Bulb
  • Fixed an issue with setting the temperature in white mode for the Shelly Bulb
  • Fixed an issue with manual pairing of Shelly 2.5 Relay and Roller Shutter
  • Various minor code improvements which should improve overall performance