[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Be patient, 3.0.35 will be rolling out shortly.

no problem, is the problem then solved?

I have now update v3.0.35. The Shelly 2.5 works again. Shelly 1 not get error again ehostunreach. I had the error 1 week ago, I had to reinstall everything, is there another solution? reinstalling and adjusting all flows takes me a lot of time

This is an error that I can not fix in my app. It means Homey cant reach the device. There could be several reasons for this. Most likely causes are an unstable or misconfigured home network or an unstable Homey network stack. See the troubleshooting guide in the first post of this topic the next time you run into this.

I did that last time. But I looked at unstable network and switch off the access point that is really close to the Shelly and now it works again thank :+1:

:+1: top you arranged that quickly.

I keep having a really hard time to get everything working with my RGBW bulbs. After countless amounts of trying to add them to the Shelly app (which is also a really painful exercise, I think most of you will agree?) I finally got them set up in the Shelly app and Iā€™m able to control them just fine. See below the /status of one of them for reference.

However, adding to Homey fails all the time now. I can see all three of them when choosing ā€œadd deviceā€. I get to select the icon and after i get a 30.000 ms timeout.

I see the bulbs are still running the 1.09 firmware, can it be that this is causing my issues with this product? Is there anyone else that is experiencing similar issues perhaps?

{ā€œwifi_staā€:{ā€œconnectedā€:true,ā€œssidā€:ā€œPaint it Blackā€,ā€œipā€:ā€œ192.168.2.180ā€,ā€œrssiā€:-75},ā€œcloudā€:{ā€œenabledā€:true,ā€œconnectedā€:true},ā€œmqttā€:{ā€œconnectedā€:false},ā€œtimeā€:ā€œ21:19ā€,ā€œunixtimeā€:1617218371,ā€œserialā€:21,ā€œhas_updateā€:false,ā€œmacā€:ā€œ8CAAB574681Eā€,ā€œcfg_changed_cntā€:4,ā€œactions_statsā€:{ā€œskippedā€:0},ā€œlightsā€:[{ā€œisonā€:false,ā€œsourceā€:ā€œcloudā€,ā€œhas_timerā€:false,ā€œtimer_startedā€:0,ā€œtimer_durationā€:0,ā€œtimer_remainingā€:0,ā€œmodeā€:ā€œcolorā€,ā€œredā€:255,ā€œgreenā€:75,ā€œblueā€:18,ā€œwhiteā€:0,ā€œgainā€:100,ā€œtempā€:4750,ā€œbrightnessā€:100,ā€œeffectā€:0}],ā€œmetersā€:[{ā€œpowerā€:0.00,ā€œis_validā€:true,ā€œtimestampā€:1617225571,ā€œcountersā€:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],ā€œtotalā€:103}],ā€œupdateā€:{ā€œstatusā€:ā€œidleā€,ā€œhas_updateā€:false,ā€œnew_versionā€:ā€œ20210107-122133/1.9_GU10_RGBW@07531e29ā€,ā€œold_versionā€:ā€œ20210107-122133/1.9_GU10_RGBW@07531e29ā€},ā€œram_totalā€:50792,ā€œram_freeā€:37304,ā€œfs_sizeā€:233681,ā€œfs_freeā€:155118,ā€œuptimeā€:88902}

Yeah pairing Shelly devices, especially battery powererd ones, to the official Shelly app can be a PITA. If possible try pairing with a different device, with an older Android version for instance. This sometimes helps.

Not a clue what is going on and dont own a GU10 RGBW bulb. My first gen regular Shelly Bulb works fine. Can you restart the app, wait a minute, try to pair a Bulb, wait for the time out and send me a diagnostic report afterwards.

Hi Jelger,

Here is the diagnostic link; 00e4b2f6-1315-4d65-b2ee-09ea5b98723a

Absolutely nothing in there about issues with pairing Shelly bulbs which leaves me clueless. As you have been the only one to report it thus far and I cant reproduce it myself Iā€™m gonna blame your own network configuration here.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for checking. Itā€™s a weird thing still as I had it up and running before through Homey just fine (and didnā€™t change my network setup obviously). If you think it might help you in the future I have one lamp spare that Iā€™m willing to sent you. PM me the shipping details if you are interested.

What I think that would happen is that I can pair your lamp just fine here and that would still not solve your issue. Nothing fundamental has changed in the pairing process in my app for some time now as well. But the only way to be absolute sure is indeed to test this. Iā€™ll leave it up to you if you want this confirmed for 100% by donating me the lamp.

Some other stuff you might try first:

Using the Shelly Uni since today. Main reason I bought it was the ADC for measuring soil moist level for my water irrigation system. Unfortunately the ADC readout is not supported by Homey yet. Can it be added?

The Shelly Uni does not report this value over the CoAP protocol. Best i can do is add it in the HTTP polling mechanism but it will only update the value every minute.

1 Like

THNX! Good enough for soil moist measuring applications.

v3.0.36 - 2021-03-31

• Add ADC voltage for Shelly Uni
  • Fix small issue with dimming being null for RGBW2
1 Like

Great! Looks like it works. What is the update frequency? It says now last update 37min ago.

Just noticed that it updates immediately when the value changes.

Yes, turns out itā€™s available through CoAP as well. Donā€™t forget your promise ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Homey version 5.0.4
Shelly latest Version of 1.9

I re-register the Shelly 1 with the Homey. During the process, the Homey loses the connection to the WLAN and restarts. After that, the Shelly App is on the Homey but the Shelly 1 is not. Then the Homey starts to restart every 2 minutes, permanently.

You have to deactivate the app after the restart. Then the Homey restarts and you can uninstall the app again. After that, the Homey runs again without any problems.

This also happens with a completely new Homey.

Do you know this behaviour?

Sounds similar to this issue: Shelly app causes Homey to restart continuously and show a red ring Ā· Issue #28 Ā· jghaanstra/cloud.shelly Ā· GitHub

If you have a Synology NAS try disabling the Bonjour service.

(p.s. firmware 1.9 is not the latest firmware for the Shelly 1, if you dont see an update connect it to the cloud first.)

1 Like