[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I have tried with 1.10.1 and 1.10.2-rc5 which I have right now. I installed this firmware to test if it would fix the problem.

I’ll generate a diagnostic report this evening.

Do you want me to try to add the device before creating the report?

Yes, please do.

Debug code:
91297199-3c14-4f14-8b2f-478c681a9991

This time it didn’t find auto so I had to specify ip. Still ehostunreach. After that I tried my other 2.5 device which it could find.

I looked at the log. Homey does not even discover any Shelly on IP address 192.168.1.202 through mDNS. So this is a networking thing on your side where Homey can not reach that IP address (hence the error). Try step 3 from the networking troubleshoot guide in the first post of this topic to verify. If that webrequest from Homey fails as well it’s not related to my app or even Shelly and I cant really help you any further.

Yeah that does not work either but the same card works for my other Shelly 2.5. Thank you for your help. I guess it means that something is blocking the communication between the devices which is super weird. But as you said it’s definitely not your apps problem.

It saved me from trying to reinstall the app from scratch!

Edit: I also find it even more strange since I tried changing the IP of the Shelly device. But I will try to investigate further…

I have gotten my homey to find the Shelly. I made a new WiFi-network connected to the same LAN and connected the Shelly device to it, with the same static ip as before.

Every other device including homey stays on the old network.

And now it works. I have no idea what’s up.

Anyway I connected to the Shelly and switched back to the original WiFi and deleted the test one. And now it works. Essentially nothing changed in the settings at all.

Yeah…

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with my Shelly Dimmer 2 now.
It was unresponsive, so I deleted the device and tried to add it again. But then I got “connect EHOSTUNREACH x.x.x.x:80” errors too.
I can reach it through the Shelly app and connect to the webinterface of the Dimmer 2.
Even tried to factory reset it, and that results in perfecr use in the Shelly app, but the same error when adding it in Homey… :frowning:

Edit:
I tried the same solution that worked for @Camelen, but it didn’t do the trick for me unfortunately.
Made a wifi network “Test” to which I connected (only) the Shelly. Everything else remained the same. Then I could add the Shelly flawlessly in Homey.
When switching the Shelly back to the original wifi network (on which everything else is, incl Homey and my phone, all the same vlan too), Shelly gives the same error again in Homey. But it remains working in the Shelly Android app and webinterface.
Switching the Shelly back to the “Test” wifi network, makes the Shelly work again.

This all would made me think that it is a Shelly Homey app problem. What do you think, @Phuturist?

I disagree. If you perform step 3 from the networking troubleshoot guide in the first post you will see Homey is not able to reach your Shelly without even using my app. This is probably an issue with the Shelly firmware. Have you updated to 1.10.2 already?

Thx for the reply.
Will try your suggestion regarding point 3 of the troubleshooting and report my findings here.

I am not very familiar with webrequests, does anyone have an example of a flow that I could use to bypass the Shelly app and check the results?

I am on firmware 1.10, there even was an update today; see:

v3.0.38 - 2021-04-16 - test version

• User friendly names for events in action event trigger cards
  • Fix issue where Shelly Uni did not create a device for the second relay channel
  • Rename temperature capability of Shelly Plug S to device temperature
  • Remove obsolete input_1 capability of Shelly Button 1
  • Deprecated the combined temperature and dim action card for the Shelly DUO as the can be achieved with two built in action cards

Thnx for the update.
Unfortunately the shelly Uni cannot be found by homey. When I add him manual via IP only channel 0 is connected in homey. How do I add the other channel via IP?

Seems something went wrong with building the release. Not all changes where actually published. I’ll see if I can fix it right away.

[EDIT] The release is pending approval, might take some days before Athom will approve it. Not sure why these minor changes are now not published automatically.

2 Likes

All my i3 switches stopped working. Well registering inputs but the actions are not.

Np thanks for trying to fix it quickly. Hope it work when Homey approves the release :slight_smile:

Can I try the unreleased version somehow for testing?

Yes, you can install the test version.

Hello, same issue for me…

Hello. I have a problem with Shelly 1. all inputs are no longer activated in the homey app. so far it worked great. I can turn on and off Shelly software v1.10.3, Shelly app 3.0.37 without any problems.

Hello, I have Shelly firmware v1.10.3 and Shelly app 3.0.38. Just noticed that the function “Long Push 1” no longer works.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I don’t know if it’s the Shelly firmware or the Shelly app, until 2 days ago everything was perfect.

Greetings Philipp

I agree something strange is (was?) going on here. I had the same problems with my Shelly Dimmer 2. Got an error when switching the Shelly via Homey, but it worked well through the Shelly app, Home Assistant and by http request.
When the device was on another wifi network (but same vlan and ip-address, all worked fine through Homey.
I was always on the latest firmware (20210415-131442/v1.10.3-g23074d0).

After trying again today (only switched to the same wifi as my Homey), it suddenly works again from within Homey. No idea what changed… :thinking:

Hello Otter, have you find a solution ?
If not, is it possible to downgrade Shelly app on Homey ?