[APP][Pro] SMA Solar devices

Running Homey 3.0.0, my inverter shows up as a device that is using power rather than generating, i.e. it has a positive wattage in the Energy overview, which I think should be negative. Am I right?

EDIT: I reloaded the app and it is now showing up correctly, under its own category (Zonnepanelen).

1 Like

The app worked, for like 30 minutes, now it keeps saying that device is not reachable, while it is.
Restarting the app does not seem to fix it so far. Any idea?
Got 2 SMA sunnyboys with static ipā€™s and port is default 502.

The new version of the app that I have created will soon be out in beta, but I have so far not done much changes to the storage device type given that I donā€™t own one and cant test changes.

The only way to really see what is going on in your case is to run the app in debug mode, which means deploying it locally using athom cli. Is that something you have done before and can do?
[HOW TO] CLI install method

The beta version is out in the app store. Please try it out and let me know what you think :smiley:

1 Like

That works way better :grinning: Thank you!

Find both the SB3000 and 6000 I have, thanks!

and it is sooooo great to have the sma home manager 2.0 supported now :slight_smile:

thank you so much, @Richard_B

1 Like

Nice update!

1 Like

I have seen very limited interest in installing and trying out the TEST version. Based on that Iā€™ll push the version 2 of the app to LIVE during next week.

Works like a charm!

Hi and Thanks for a great app!
Iā€™ve used it with a STP8000 before, but yesterday my second plant got online with a Sunny TriPower 5.0 (STP5.0-3AV-40 673).
I saw that someone had asked earlier in the forum regarding this STP, but I did not understand why itā€™s not possible to get Daily Yield out of it.

Best regards
Martin

Hi Martin!

I can only agree that it is strange, but I double checked the modbus spec again for this inverter and only total yield is available. Canā€™t say why they have done it like that.

You find all specs on this page, https://www.sma.de/en/service/downloads.html. You should select ā€œMonitoring & Controlā€, then ā€œModbus protokoll-schnittstelleā€, then ā€œTechnical informationā€. Here you can use find in your browser and search for ā€œSTP5.0ā€ and you will see a zip file to download. I took ā€œMODBUS-HTML_STP3-6-3AV-40_V11.zipā€, after unzipping inside folder there are html files, open the one that contains your language of choice, ā€œmodbuslist_en.htmlā€ in my case.
Again use browser find to search for ā€œyieldā€ and you will see there is no daily yield parameter.

Thanks for the info Richard.
Iā€™ll send an email to SMA and ask them.

BR
Martin

Hello,

Iā€™ve noticed last weekend that the daily yield isnā€™t showing anymore in insights and in my exports since a month or so.

Iā€™ve already tried:

• restart the app
  • reinstall the app
  • restart homey

But none of the above resolved the problem. Nothing has changed since. Only thing i noticed in the settings is that i see a lot off unknownā€™s. I have a Sunny Boy 4.0.

Can some help me to get my daily yield back?

Your Sunny boy model was missing in the mapping, that is why it says unknown in the deviceType field. This is already addressed and will be solved in next version which is under review by Athom. Should be released in the next few days.

Anyone which has a device type which says unknown should drop me a note and mention the number within parenthesis.

Thank you :slight_smile:

App working great and iā€™m realy happy with it.
Not sure if it is possible or to much work but i would love to see an option to upload data to pvoutput.org. :slight_smile:

Create a ticket in the github repo and explain a little more what info you want to send to pvoutput, etc.
Checked a little yesterday and it seems only research is around what data to send in what field, technically there are no problems.

Just wanted to highlight that in latest firmware update for the Energy Meter/Home Manager 2 SMA have changed the format of the datagram message they send. This means that for the time being Phase info for L1, L2 and L3 are not working properly. Grid power and grid feed-in works fine still.

I have asked SMA support on this, since they havenā€™t published an updated spec covering the new format. Will see what this gives, they have now asked me for more information.

If you havenā€™t gotten firmware version 2.03.4.R yet, and you rely on L1-L3 values, then it might be a good idea to disable auto-update for now.

I will check how github works and get back to u about what to upload, thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Youā€™ll get a beta version for PVOutput.org in version 2.0.6, it will also include a fix for the EnergyMeter phase power/current issue with SMAā€™s latest firmware version.