[APP][Pro] SMA Solar devices

Hi, Yes I did installed the app, and restarted the app already multiple times but this is the only information I get in the settings, and no data in the device itself, maybe this depends on the inverter?
I’m using a Sunny Boy 1.5

OK I now used the search version again and it found the inventer and gives the correct data, this was not working this morning, so I added the inventer manual and that does not seems to work, strange but happy it works now!

Thanks!

It looks like that the port setting UDP and TCP are the same. I am not sure if that’s the case. I have to check this setting in my inverter. Will do this in a few minutes.

Hi @RobvandeGoor,

Thanks for your quick replies!

So problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep and now my settings also look the same as yours :wink:

1 Like

FYI
To be sure I checked the setting of my inverter.

TCP-Server:
Enabled: Yes
Port: 502

UDP-Server:
Enabled: No
Port: 502

WebConnect:
Enabled: Yes

But most important for you now is, it works.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great that you solve it together!

From what I can see quickly it seems that first time it was added as a “Sunny Boy Storage” device and not “Inverter”. Given that screen shot includes capabilities for battery status. The “Sunny Boy Storage” device also doesn’t have any information section on the advanced settings page.

1 Like

I’ve received my PUK code from SMA and enabled the modbus setting in my inverter. Now everything is working perfect. I could only use some sun… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Just tried out the pvoutput feature.
I have 2 inverters, (STP8000 and STP5.0). Both are added as devices in Homey and now also one pvoutput device. Looks like only the values from STP8000 are uploaded to pvoutput now. Is it a bug or a feature? :slight_smile: How do I get values from both?

BR
Martin

Hi Martin!
Had a quick look and my idea was to sum up all values of all inverter devices and pass that to pvoutput. There is a not a lot of logic in this code so a little hard to spot (at least immediately) what would be wrong. Both your inverters are added as inverters, not the storage device type?

I realize now that inverters without daily yield will be problematic, since that is one of the fields you are supposed to pass. Could that be the issue?

/Richard

Hi Richard

Yes they are added as inverters but as you said one of them (STP5.0) does not support daily yield so I guess it’s not possible then?

I think maybe we can use total yield and calculate the daily yield from that. So would add a manually calculated daily yield to inverters that miss that property.
Travelling for two weeks now but will look at that once Im back.

Great! Thanks for looking into it Richard!

/Martin

Hope your are well and did not go to northern Italy on your travel. Had any chance to look at the workaround for reporting daily yield using total yield for pvoutput?

/Martin

I have a Sunny Tripower 8.0 (STP8.0-3AV-40), and I got it working with Homey. The only thing I miss is the daily total. Is there a way to extract this? I now calculate it based on the grand total, but it’s not accurate enough for my taste.

On the local page of the inverter (https://<inverter_IP>/#/smartView) the daily total is displayed (no login needed). Is there a way to let Homey get this value?

When I login to that page, I also see the grand total in kWh, with one decimal. With the modbus the grand total is displayed in MWh with 3 decimals (so only rounded kWh). Is there a way to get an extra digit in the grand total? That would help me as well.

Seems lite SMA have removed that from modbus for some reason. I asked for some time ago for my STP5.0-3AV-40 and after looking in the modbus API documents it is not part of the API.

https://www.sma.de/en/service/downloads.html ]Check “Monitoring & Control”, then “Modbus protokoll-schnittstelle”, then “Technical information” and look for yor STP.

I emailed SMA but got no luck. If more people mail and ask for it maybe they’ll add it back? I have an older STP8 and there I still have the Daily Yield over modbus, but not for my STP5…

Sorry for the radio silence. First vacation to Northern Italy (indeed it was @Inquisitor), and then the COVID-19 mess on top of that. Working like crazy (hire freeze, new budget, working from home, etc) for the last weeks on my day job, the one that pays the bills :wink:

I started looking into this a while ago, as per the idea I wrote above, but realized I need to do quite a few changes - ie will take time and testing. You can read total yield from all inverters in different units; Wh, kWh or MWh. I read the Wh value, so the most fine-granular one but I immediately after reading it format it. Need to move this logic out, then maybe we can add a calculated daily yield based on the increase of total yield in a day. Then reset that counter at midnight. This is still the only idea I have.

1 Like

Hi Richard! Thanks for your quick reply. Is the Wh, kWh or MWh a user definable setting? That would be great, and to calculate the accurate daily total would be very easy. Stay healthy and safe!

@Inquisitor thanks as well for your quick reply. I will wait Richard’s solution, otherwise I will ask SMA again (did that already some time ago).

A beta version with manually calculated daily yield is now released, please test it and let me know.

Please notice that if you install the app now, like at 11:00, the production so far during the day won’t be included. The total yield value is read on first startup after installing this release. After this, the functionality should survive even if you restart your Homey or the SMA app during the day, the value is stored in a persistent variable.
At each midnight this value should be reset to the, at the time, current total yield. To be able to calculate the daily yield for the next day.

1 Like