[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

Is it possible to use its Mac Address.

I found the IP Address but when I tried to add the device I recvd an error message “Error: Could not find that PairSession”

Apologies - started again. Working now.

1 Like

Great app!
I changed the naming of the icons in the homey app.
However, they are not updated in the flow Who card.

It’s the name you enter when you add the device that is used for the token in the flow.

So to change the name, you have to re-add the device.

UPDATE / SOLVED => seems my router had a hick-up and the fixed IP’s got scrambled!

I am having some issues with presence detection, but am not sure what the cause is. My android phone and the iPhone of one of my sons is still detected correctly. However, the iPhone of my other son is no longer detected. He recently did update to iOS14… (other son is still on iOS 13.x).

In my router, I see his iPhone with the ‘old / usual / correct’ IP and MAC address. This is however not seen by Homey / Smart Presence App.

Does anyone recognise this situation?

1 Like

I suggest you try to renew DHCP in iPhone settings and then change IP-address in Smart Presence.

iOS 14 has introduced private IP address. Annoying security feature which can be disabled in advanced settings of the WiFi profile of the phone.

Basically what it does is creating a new MAC address for the phone, this leads to a new IP address.

2 Likes

See post #58.

1 Like

Thanks guys! It is always nice to be able to find the cause of a problem!

Sorry, missed that post after returning from abroad. Thanks!

For those who use Ubiquity Unifi access points:

If you set up multiple WiFi networks, your phone will get a different Mac address for each WiFi network it roams on.

This could help when you set up a different WiFi network for each floor.
Then you have an idea where in the house a person (defined with an additional icon and the associated ip address in smart presence) can be. But you would probably lose fast roaming (having multiple access points broadcast the same WiFi network).

Idea:
Another option would be an API integration with unifi, if at all possible, to know on which access point a phone is roaming. Bjornar? :wink:

Creating multiple, floor based SSID’s would be a bad practice indeed because of loosing the fast roaming / handoff capabilities.

What I have done is creating a var which contains the location based on which accesspoint the device is connected to. I have two accesspoints downstairs, both change the location to ‘downstairs’, one accesspoint which changes to ‘1th floor’, etc, etc.

While i thought this was interesting, i’m not really doing anything with it except for the outside accesspoint. If the phones are connected to the outside ap then the lights under the porch stay on longer even without movement.

1 Like

Interesting @Martijn_Hoogenbosch!

So, if a devices disconnects from one access point and connects to another, this is updated to a variable?
How do you identify the accesspoint that is connected to a specific device?

Like this

1 Like

Which App is that?

The unifi app: https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.ubnt.unifi/Ubiquiti-UniFi/

1 Like

Aha, that makes sense now. I myself use 3 access points, but they are simply routers that I had and put in ap-mode. That Unifi comes with additional functionality. Cool !

Nice one!

I wasn’t even aware it already existed.

Thanks

I think I’m missing something, but i couldn’t found it on the forum.

I added my smartphone (andriod). When mine phone is on the local network, i receive an update. I added my printer on the netwerk, i also received an update. So i added my dekstop (with a static ip). But i didn’t receive an update from smart presence.

I tried to change the ports (from 32000, 32001 and 3200) but it still didn’t work. I tried to turn off my windows firewall and i received an update from smart presence that my pc was found on the network.

As you expect, i would like to turn on my firewall at my pc. Do i need to update a firewall rule or is there an other workaround for?

2 Likes