Homey app to receive realtime data from your Solaredge solar installation using local Modbus TCP
The difference of this app and the already existing solar panels app is that this app reads the data directly from the inverter.
The solaredge api is only limited to 300 calls/ day, so you get only updates every 10-15 minutes.
The modbus app receives data every few seconds.
If you have the Solaredge energy monitor installed you can maximize your self-consumption and limit your exported power by using it. You can make flows based on your generated solar power, exported power, imported power or current power consumption.
The iOS / android app from Solaredge is fine, so it is not the purpose to create this app again.
Following devices are supported
- Inverters with SetApp and with display
- Modbus energy Meter
- Storedge devices (DC connected battery storage)
Enable Modbus TCP on your inverter
Modbus TCP is disabled by default on all inverters, you have to enable this function
Important: The TCP server idle time is 2 minutes after starting. In order to leave the connection open, the request should be made within 2 minutes. The connection can remain open without any MODBUS requests.
General information can be found at: Sunspec Protocol
Inverters with SetApp
- Enable wifi direct on the inverter.
- Connect to the inverter access point like you would for a normal wifi network. The wifi password is published at the right side of the inverter.
- Then open up a browser and go to http://172.16.0.1 .
- From this webpage you can enable modbus TCP without setApp or installer account.
Inverters with display (without SetApp)
Your CPU firmware has to be at least v 3.xxxx, if this is not the case, upgrade your firmware.
Go to the menu by the following steps:
- Switch of the DC power
- Long press the ‘OK’ button for a few seconds
- Release the ‘OK’ button
- The screen will ask a password, this is ‘12312312’ (the 2nd button from the left is ‘1’, the 3rd button is ‘2’, etc…)
- Go to Communication → LAN Conf → Modbus TCP (the default port is 502).
- To modify the TCP port, select Modbus TCP → TCP Port, set the port number and long-press Enter
By default the modbus meter and StorEdge are disabled
You can enable them in the ‘advanced settings’ of the inverter.
Always reboot the app after changing these settings, as the capabilities will be updated
For support please use the official support topic on the forum or Github
If you appreciate the app: Buy me a Beer]
@athom a Homey Pro is always appreciated
Thanks to Richard Barkestam and Jelger Haanstra for the SMA Energy app, where this app is based on.
To Do (by priority)
- Learn to program
- Implement StorEdge storage
- Phase and load monitoring
- For Belgium: Make calculations for the capacity tariff in 2022.
- Tariff calculations
- Added heatsink temperature + DC Voltage
- Re-write app to support inverters with and without energy meter + preparations for StorEdge
Change capabilities, you can now use the power-by-the-hour app for meter calculations.
Fixes for wrong IP address
v1.0.2 → v.1.0.7
- Flows and tokens are working
- Initial release